Sportsguy_USA
    Sportsguy_USA's Avatar Become A Pro!

The Value of a Pick

Hey guys,

I recently landing a consulting gig with a sports capper outfit, and working on some research I'm hoping you can help. I've got 4 short questions below.
    If you contribute, I'm very open to share the data / results with you, after all, the underlying goal of my time with this outfit is to create the best sports pick solution that punters as yourself want/demand/expect. It's your turn to contribute and see the results based on your needs/expectations.

I want to focus the attention on the punters who see their bets as an investment of sort, who commit to a sport pick packages and the 'value' they EXPECT to get out of it beyond just winning picks. And if you only buy individual picks, what would help to get you into a member-type service.

For the boundaries of this, assume the the average picks produce a 55-70% win.

Q1. What other benefits do you want to see in a 'membership-type' sports picks package?
    - Ex. bankroll management, rewards/loyalty program, diversity of sports pick coverage, sports editorial, etc.?

Q2. If any and all sports were offered, which sports would be of best value to you?

Q3. How many pay-per-picks do you buy on average per month (assuming your 'in-season')

Q4. If monthly membership fee were offered, what is fair value to you? (consider the average pay-per-pick is $20-$30).

I appreciate all those who take a minute to offer your feedback. And again, those who help us here I'll provide you full transparency of the results.

MartinBlank
    Going to be a good weekend
    MartinBlank's Avatar Become A Pro!

First of all, why should anyone assume a win % of 70%?

That statement of yours makes the rest of your post foolish.

Q1. There are no benefits to such a program.
    Q2. No answer applicable.
    Q3. Zero. Only idiots pay for picks.
    Q4. Free is fair. Anything above free isn't worth it.

Now, you may think I am being a wiseass by answering the way I did, but the truth is on this board. There are great handicappers here throughout every single sport offered, that offer picks for free. Why would anyone on SBR pay someone for their picks?

Sportsguy_USA
    Sportsguy_USA's Avatar Become A Pro!

The assumption of an average win% range of 55-70% is to mitigate the obvious of a cappers performance based on performance and focus on the questions.

Foolish or not, the capper market is a multi-million dollar market. The many great cappers on this board who give picks away for no-cost is good. Open community. But many also sell these direct through their own services, which some SBR members may buy or not. Though in this multi-million dollar market, the focus on those guys and elaborate on the basis of these questions...

Q1. What other benefits do you want to see in a 'membership-type' sports picks package?
    - There are a number of services offered to the serious punters, such as bankroll management or combined funds. We're not looking at this as a hobby of betting on sports, but as an investment vehicle as your market porfolio. A number of punters in the market use bankroll management services, or managed account fund services, or personal 'concierge' services. Again - its not for the average Joe, but for those who look at wagering on sports as an investment of sorts.

Q2. If any and all sports were offered, which sports would be of best value to you?
    - Everyone has their preference. Some many have a narrowed minded view on just NFL or MLB, but again, those who look at the right capper service as an investment, and who see the returns, will open up to other events - international soccer, rugby, cricket, etc. Like the stock market - as long as the services make you money, it doesn't matter if your in commodities, technology, blue chip, small cap, etc.

Q3. How many pay-per-picks do you buy on average per month (assuming your 'in-season')
    - I'm sure all the serious punters who are raking in the $$ on this huge market is tipping the hat to you. While there is the 'community' aspect of free picks, there are always underlying reasons for these free picks.

Q4. If monthly membership fee were offered, what is fair value to you? (consider the average pay-per-pick is $20-$30).
    - Even an investment advisors and strategist who makes clients money should be free too. No respect to the reputable cappers who do this for a living - and are darn good too.

Wiseass....no. A bit narrow minded. Yes. We do agree that there are great cappers on every single sport, and who do offer picks for free, and charge. "Price is what you pay. Value is what you get." - Warren Buffett.

CanuckG
    CanuckG's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 584

Touts gonna tout.

ouman101
    ouman101's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 749

I'll be honest with you, the only way your going to get "legitimate" responses is by offering points to people that answer your questionnaire.