bettilimbroke999
    bettilimbroke999's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 506

What does winning the NIT prove?

You are the 69th best team in the country?

Why do teams like Colorado and Alabama even play in this thing, its like highlighting the fact that their season was complete crap and they arent even able to compete with the top 68 teams in the country

I can understand teams like Wichita State etc bc for them being 69th in the country is about as close as they'll get to the top but for top schools I mean c'mon have some respect for yourselves and turn that invitation down

If you dont qualify for the Olympics should you accept an invitation to the Special Olympics

wtt0315
    This is the Broncos Year.
    wtt0315's Avatar Become A Pro!

its more for betting then anything else. if there was no gambling there would be no nit

durito
    escarabajo negro
    durito's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 438

this is the best colorado team in 14 years

Dirty Sanchez
    Two time SBR Academy Award winner
    Dirty Sanchez's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

NIT stands for Not In the Tournament...and when the winners get their trophy they hold up the number one signal....they should hold up the 69 sign

RudyRuetigger
    Leave of absence until March Madness
    RudyRuetigger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 55

more practices, more exposure

zam77
    zam77's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 687

It proves nothing

rm18
    Update your status
    rm18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 207814

3 of these teams should of been in the tourney and they proved that I think

C-Gold
    C-Gold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 843

2nd place trophy is in the girls bathroom

BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24866

Are you guys serious? I'm guessing a lot of people here has never played in collegiate sports??
    Sports are a drug so to speak. You fall in love with the competition!! Trust me, you never wanted that time to come. When the season is over it sucks, trust me.

BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24866

I understand that it doesn't prove anything, but these kids take it seriously as it is for some of the seniors it will be their last game they will ever play cometitively.

big joe 1212
    big joe 1212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5365

more money for schools

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32329

Quote Originally Posted by wtt0315 View Post
    its more for betting then anything else. if there was no gambling there would be no nit
    You really believe this?
    NIT has more history than NCaa

Powderguy
    Powderguy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 54

Some people are so lost, way more revenue gets generated, more exposure. Plus, Alabama & Colorado should have been in the damn tournament, not Clemson & UAB

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1848

Same thing the big dance proves, nothing.

It means you won a tournament winning a bunch of games in a row.

Better than not winning anything.

TexansFan
    TexansFan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 211

That you're the NIT champion.

Jnas
    Jnas's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8549

It proves nothing but Wichita St must be loving the exposure.

ebbearsfb1
    ebbearsfb1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1694

Quote Originally Posted by BIGDAY View Post
    Are you guys serious? I'm guessing a lot of people here has never played in collegiate sports?? Sports are a drug so to speak. You fall in love with the competition!! Trust me, you never wanted that time to come. When the season is over it sucks, trust me.
    I understand that it doesn't prove anything, but these kids take it seriously as it is for some of the seniors it will be their last game they will ever play cometitively.

ding ding ding

i remember when i played college football, you always just wanted one more game when your a senior...

people at sbr dont get that some kids that arent going to the nba do have pride for their schools, there not going to the nba so they give it all they got every night

ebbearsfb1

and 69th best team in the country, and vcu was suppose to be 68... one of those teams could of been vcu had they got in plus, these last 4 teams are better than a majority of the auto bids

will2survive
    STAY IN YO LANE!
    will2survive's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22

It's an accomplishment of winning a college tournament and still something to take great pride in. Some NIT teams like Colorado should've gotten in the NCAA Tournament. My answer: It still means a hell of a lot

chunk
    chunk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19168

Are you guys serious? I'm guessing a lot of people here has never played in collegiate sports??
    Sports are a drug so to speak. You fall in love with the competition!! Trust me, you never wanted that time to come. When the season is over it sucks, trust me.
    Anyone that has ever played at a high level would know this and agree. I realize that some don't recover from the disappointment of not making the big show, but for these kids a trip to New York to play in the Garden wouldn't a tough sell.

Brewers in 7
    SBR owes me 45 points
    Brewers in 7's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1303

it means your better than the teams that win the CBI and the NBI or whatever the other tourneys are called

nyed1010
    nyed1010's Avatar Become A Pro!

THIS! Was just about to post the same exact thing. 90% of SBR has never even touched a piece of athletic equipment in there lives. They have no idea the desire of an athlete(especially high level athletes) of just going out and competing. I played high school baseball and football and been playing both sports in organized leagues since I can remember. Things like long practices, wind sprints, two-a-days(hell week) sucked balls, but I would do it all over again in a heartbeat. Just going out there and competing with your brothers was some of the best times of my life. There is nothing like going out in a game situation and just competing. I wish I was good enough to play college ball because it saddens me that I'll never make that walk to the mound in a competitive game ever again. Just think about some of the seniors that are playing in these minor tournament. These guys will be playing there last couple of games as college athletes and they will be playing as hard as they would if they were playing in the Final Four tourney.

BadNina
    I did troubles!!
    BadNina's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13869

Right...it makes no sense at all for a coach and a team to turn down the opportunity for extra sanctioned practices and games.

ebbearsfb1

Quote Originally Posted by nyed1010 View Post
    THIS! Was just about to post the same exact thing. 90% of SBR has never even touched a piece of athletic equipment in there lives. They have no idea the desire of an athlete(especially high level athletes) of just going out and competing. I played high school baseball and football and been playing both sports in organized leagues since I can remember. Things like long practices, wind sprints, two-a-days(hell week) sucked balls, but I would do it all over again in a heartbeat. Just going out there and competing with your brothers was some of the best times of my life. There is nothing like going out in a game situation and just competing. I wish I was good enough to play college ball because it saddens me that I'll never make that walk to the mound in a competitive game ever again. Just think about some of the seniors that are playing in these minor tournament. These guys will be playing there last couple of games as college athletes and they will be playing as hard as they would if they were playing in the Final Four tourney.

also helps with recruiting, and what kid in america that plays basketball didnt want to play in the garden as a kid

hankcream
    hankcream's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5458

It's great for players who have pro potential. I remember a few years back when Renaldo Bachman played for South Carolina, he became a #1 draft pick because of the NIT.

jwbama23
    LSUCKS
    jwbama23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 201

Quote Originally Posted by RudyRuetigger View Post

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

It proves you can win a tournament if given a chance.

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on
    HoulihansTX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

That you are the best of the rest

tkim8404
    tkim8404's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 982

It's just a way for a college team to get a few more shots in after the regular season.

stikymess
    stikymess's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 63

Quote Originally Posted by RudyRuetigger View Post
    Fun as well for the kids, keep in mind these are 18-20 year old guys.

blackeyeshamus
    swampdog stomp!
    blackeyeshamus's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2224

no doubt. alabama vs wichita state @ MSG
    will be dynamite basketball. don't disrespect the NIT, y'all.

$Burm$
    $Burm$'s Avatar Become A Pro!

That's a terrible way to look at it. This teams would beat many of the NCAA tournament teams since so many of them made it in by winning their conference tournament. How would winning the NIT make them the 69th best team in the country? The school still receives rewards and then there is also exposure for the kids and to top it all of competition. Some athletes, not all, play for the competition and want to win everything they play in.

dfberger23
    dfberger23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 406

NIT has a lot of tradition, its not too bad of a tournament.

LLXC
    LLXC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10451

That MAYBE you deserved a spot in the tournament?

frostno98
    frostno98's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 648

For most of these collegian kids, it's the last time they're probably suit up for their Alma mater on court. So yeah, these games are very meaningful.

12 Last