I usually limit my amount per wager to 1% - 3% of bankroll, with 5% being the absolute maximum (for a single bet).

I don't risk more than 50% of my bankroll at any one time/weekend. E.g. if I average 3% per wager, I can have up to 16 open wagers, which means I'd risk 48% of my bankroll <--- this is absolute maximum I'm willing to go.

The key to making money is maximizing ROI, Return on Investment. This is my own yardstick: 3% is acceptable, 5% very good, anything above 5% I'd be elated.

Let's say your bankroll is $300, and you risk on average only 15% of your bankroll daily (about 5 wagers a day at 3% each) i.e. $45 risked per day.

$45 x 365 days a year = $16,425 wagered for the whole year. If you return:
3% ROI = $492.75 profit, you'd more than double your initial bankroll
5% ROI = $821.25 profit

So don't sneeze at "What? 3% risked ONLY? How am I ever going to make money?"

Then the next big question is: "So how realistic is 3% or 5% ROI?". I bet you'd be surprised at this too.

Say we stick to the previous example, 5 wagers a day x 365 = 1,825 wagers for the year. Assuming -110 juice (i.e. for simplistic illustration only), you only need to hit about 53.8% or 982 - 843 record.

Here's how it works:
You wager 3% = $9 per wager.
You win $9 x 982 = $8,838
You lose $9 x 843 x 1.1 juice = $8,345.70
Difference of $492.30 which is your profit

There's all this talk going around where 53% LONG TERM (i.e. over thousands of bets) is "unimpressive". Bullsh!t. The math proves if you can hit 53% year after year, with several wagers a day, you'll easily double your bankroll each year.

There's also another bullsh!t talk about "too many wagers per day". As long as you are making positive i.e. value wagers, then the more you wager, obviously the more you'll win.

BTW just in case you're curious, to achieve 5% ROI you'll need to hit about 54.8%.

Now you see, when people here claims they will only accept 58% or 60% record, and yet they are still hanging around here begging for free plays instead of riding into the sunset in their yachts, something is amiss...