Quote Originally Posted by unde0087 View Post
wasn't taking any shots about mexicans. just making the point on how boxing isn't even a sport that anyone cares about anymore because we have these supposed "big fights" with two fighters that weight 150 lbs. If i wanted to watch that i could go to the local bar on a friday night. Its just sad how fast this sport fell when all of a sudden all the greats were suddenly gone and there was no one to replace them. Its just funny how they put all this drama out to try and get a few people to care enough to buy the fight. Who cares who wins, they are nothing compared to the fighters 15 years ago.
ya, i have seen him fight and i would love to see Tyson land haymaker on his ass and turn out the lights. That is what boxing is all about. Not to little, normal size guys dancing around in the ring. I want to see guys that can put the lights out in 1 punch. If you are going to argue that boxing is anywhere near where it was than I don't know what to say to you. now we have these panzies talking smack and then avoiding fights and then when they do fight they dance around the ring ending up in another decision. I wouldn't pay $5 to watch any of this shit anymore. Rather watch Butter Bean make a comeback
wasn't taking any shots about mexicans. just making the point on how boxing isn't even a sport that anyone cares about anymore because we have these supposed "big fights" with two fighters that weight 150 lbs. If i wanted to watch that i could go to the local bar on a friday night. Its just sad how fast this sport fell when all of a sudden all the greats were suddenly gone and there was no one to replace them. Its just funny how they put all this drama out to try and get a few people to care enough to buy the fight. Who cares who wins, they are nothing compared to the fighters 15 years ago.
ya, i have seen him fight and i would love to see Tyson land haymaker on his ass and turn out the lights. That is what boxing is all about. Not to little, normal size guys dancing around in the ring. I want to see guys that can put the lights out in 1 punch. If you are going to argue that boxing is anywhere near where it was than I don't know what to say to you. now we have these panzies talking smack and then avoiding fights and then when they do fight they dance around the ring ending up in another decision. I wouldn't pay $5 to watch any of this shit anymore. Rather watch Butter Bean make a comeback
What the hell are you talking about? For the most part, yes, everyone loves heavyweights. But I don't know what bars you go to but the ones I have been to have had people in it that would be heavyweights as well. That doesn't mean shit.

A great fighter is a great fighter. The size isn't important.

Yes Tyson was great. You think everyone loves the one punch knock out? Are you old enough to remember the Mike Tyson vs Peter McNeely fight? I remember a lot of people that were pissed off because they bought a PPV to watch a fight and the ring entrance was longer. People want to see a good fight.

Manny has 38 KOs. You do see knock outs in lower weight classes. You also can see more action in the fight because they don't get gassed so fast.

When Tyson was around they talked about the old days with Ali, Liston, Forman and so on. But it wasn't just them. There were big fighters in other weight classes.

Sugar Ray Leonard
Hector Camacho
Roberto Duran
Marvin Hagler
Thomas Hearns

The list goes on.

Then there are fighters from lower weight classes around Tysons time that were big.

Roy Jones Jr.
Arturo Gatti
Oscar De La Hoya
Shane Mosley

If you only watch the heavy weights you are missing some amazing fights.

If you just want to see heavy weight fights there is always Sumo.

James