Quote Originally Posted by BackDoorCover View Post
Proof is only that someone at 5dimes SHOULD have known, not that they did know. Frankly, I think its much more likely that somebody at 5dimes dropped the ball in locating and canceling the bad-line wagers rather than any intentional shot-taking.

HOWEVER, what SHOULD have happened is this:

5dimes would have canceled your bet, refunded your $, and offered you the correct odds at +215. Of course you would have declined this offer. HOWEVER, now you got to keep a winning wager you wouldn't have otherwise had if this was handled correctly by 5dimes. You got a GREAT outcome out of this, why are you still complaining?

It would be interesting to get 5dimes response to this... Although, I'm sure, they will just agree that someone SHOULD have done this but it "was overlooked"... The truth is either 5dimes was taking a shot at someone they perceived as taking a shot at them or their customer service and verification process is shit.... Either way, IMO, 5dimes (ie Tony personally) should be publicly apologizing to this customer or SBR should be considering a downgrade in rating...

While I've always been one to push that the ratings should solely represent the safety and financial stability of books but think there is some validity to argument that customer services should be included in ratings as it unreasonable to expect any customer to have to deal with fuckers like Tony while the company maintains a A+ rating...

I still think a better policy (then the one advocated by SBR) is that bad lines should stand after a certain (and short) period of time (and, for sure, once the events starts)... Given the current situation books have no incentive to have necessary procedures to verify the lines they are offering and it opens the door to books taking shots at players or( as is probably the case here) having the book's integrity questioned...

Books always have the right to refuse any future action so personally I think they need to suffer the consequences for being to incompetent to verify the lines they offering... The truth is services and ratings, like those SBR provides, are one of the few legit regulatory forces against books because rating downgrades actually effects their bottom line... (Cascade still being operational is proof of this)... Therefore SBR should be working to correct flawed rules such as this either through advocacy or through their ratings...