Originally posted on 03/23/2020:

Haven't been on the site in the last week but here is my story. Last Monday starting feeling a little ill (headache/cough/light fever)....by Tuesday I had a painful chest congestion and decent cough (prime symptoms of COVID-19). Come Wed night/Thurs morning I didn't sleep a wink as the congestion in my chest was more than I can ever recall. Thursday I call my doctor and set up a telecast appointment (as they are not seeing people in person). They give me prescription of Azithromycin and I take two pills about 5 pm. Not sure if it was coincidence or it helped that much, but by midnight I had little pain and sleep like a champion. By Saturday I had no congestion...just a cough and at times a little fever.

Since then, not much has changed as I still have a cough and don't feel 100%, but at least things have improved. Don't know if I have/had COVID-19....and may never know.

Not that you care much about my story, but here is what I know from talking to doctors etc.

1. In Dallas, the number being reported is WAY OFF. By talking to the doctors, they told me my hospital (Baylor Medical) had very limited test kits and they would only test people that had dire symptoms. Only hospital that had a sufficient number test kits was Parkland and they had strict restrictions on who they used those on.

2. As of Saturday, there was an arrival of testing kits in Dallas and those were being set up at the AAC and another spot. Thing is, criteria for testing was you HAD to be 65 yrs old or above AND have a temperature of 99.6 or more. So you see, MILLIONS of people don't even qualify to receive a test yet.

3. Lastly, I saw a report that those who did start getting tested this weekend won't have official results for at least 5 more days. So again, the numbers aren't even close to being known

So when saying the death rate is high....that could be completely off as there are MANY people who can't get tested that are on their way to recovery or possibly already there. Then again, I could be completely wrong as I didn't have a test done and people who are infected start dropping dead left and right. I guess only time will tell.

I do wish everyone the best as I don't think any of us really know the end result. Stay safe and let's hope there is positive progress in the future days.