Originally posted on 10/27/2019:

Quote Originally Posted by chilly View Post
I have used bovada extensively over the last 8 years. They don't always have the best odds and customer service, but I always thought I could count on them to honor payouts and deposits. For the most part they have been good, but what happened recently may make me reconsider depositing with them again. I made a deposit Friday Oct 25. The deposit went through, but didn't register on my account. I am aware that sometimes a charge can simply be a pre auth state, but this is not the case. This is a posted transaction using a ******** prepaid card. Waiting 7 days will not result in my money coming back my way. I emailed proof that the deposit was posted. I could not get a hold of anyone knowledgeable on this situation. I really don't want to file a dispute and won't until at least a week passes, but I am feeling that they don't really care about their long time customers.

Bruce
Customer service at these offshore books can be frustrating at times. If you have proof form your bank that the payment posted, I’m sure you’ll get credit soon. Just need to talk to a non-idiot somehow. Best of luck.

Edit: One positive thing I’ve found about Bovada is, if you have a legit complaint and aren’t getting anywhere with the front line customer service agent you’re dealing with, you can just ask them to have a supervisor call you back. They WILL call you back, and you’ll find yourself taking to someone who is much more logical and reasonable.