Originally posted on 11/11/2018:

Clay Helton still has a job, the Bills won in a blowout, the Falcons lost to the Browns, and the Patriots lost to the Titans. The wacky world of football in 2018...

Turning the page, there doesn't appear to be a whole lot to watch for in the college ranks this weekend aside from Helton's hot seat, with Syracuse-Notre Dame at Yankee Stadium being an exception. Otherwise it's a bit of a waiting game for the more promising Thanksgiving Weekend slate, although even a board like this is bound to have some edges waiting to be uncovered.

This week's NFL board, on the other hand, is full of must-see TV starting Thursday night in Seattle and carrying through to what could be the marque matchup of the year in Rams-Chiefs on Monday night in Mexico City. Early money on the Rams in some key precincts indicates we might see that point spread hit 3, which I would make a "go" on Kansas City. If the line hovers in the 1.5-2.5-point range the Chiefs make for an attractive teaser candidate, with Washington, Minnesota and Green Bay looking like potential partners to take up through 3 and 7 where +3 isn't available.

From a more conventional ATS standpoint, two games that caught my attention at first glance were Detroit +3.5 hosting Carolina and Tennessee +3 at Indianapolis. I realize the Lions haven't looked good in two games dealing Golden Tate to the Eagles, but the Panthers didn't exactly impress this week either and I don't think they would've been worthy of laying more than a field goal in Detroit prior to Week 10. And the Titans-Colts line implies the teams are even, which I wouldn't have considered right before Tennessee put it on the Patriots today. So there's some digging to do, and that's what the next several days will be for as we roll up the sleeves for another football weekend ahead.

But of course it's not just football that's captivating the sports betting world these days. While I'm more of a follower when it comes to the NBA and college basketball, as the hoops heat up the floor is open for all of the Point Blank community to get some basketball conversation going.

Lastly, as a programming note, I'll be making a road trip up the beautiful but currently beleaguered California coast this coming weekend with my wife in pursuit of the best beer Monterey Bay has to offer. That has Alvarado Street, Sante Adairius and Fieldwork on the agenda, and while it'll limit my availability for most of the weekend and possibly push back the NFL Week 12/CFB Week 13 thread kickoff by a day or so, it's a safe bet that at least one or two of these breweries will soon be featured as one of our "Cold Friends in Dry Places...."