Originally posted on 01/12/2018:

Quote Originally Posted by SBR drew View Post
We try to encourage non pros to join the PRO community and receive the many benefits of doing so. Opening our events to all is the first step to get the nons to participate.

I agree with this policy in poker - especially when they have to pay entry fee to participate. Should be encouraged but not given a free ride.

I will admit that I really don't like the policy that SBR has for BTP/BTB though - allowing non-pros in for same as pros early on. Then more than midway through if they are doing well, they finally plunk down the $ to join while if they are tanking, they just allow themselves to be removed - they should not be encouraged to freeroll like that imo (not to mention probably many people ghosting/multi-accounting - then again when the time comes, they can just have those in contention become pro and forget about the others).

Obviously am biased, but in my opinion, non-pros should at least be removed earlier from those contests if they don't turn pro - would make it a lot harder for them to freeroll when they would have to make the commitment at a stage where whether they will win a cash prize is much less clear (say they were removed after Week 5 rather than Week 10).