Sawyer
    Sawyer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6650

Sports Betting is Good Because..10 Things You Earned/Learned In Sports Betting

Originally posted on 02/14/2010:

SPORTS BETTING IS GOOD BECAUSE..
    10 THINGS YOU EARNED/LEARNED BY SPORTS BETTING OTHER THAN MONEY

You see lots of people/degens losing money in sports betting everyday. Some people say "Damn! Betting ruined my life, I become an anti-social person, I lost my everything" blah blah.

But hey did you ever think what kind of things you earned/learned by sports betting? (other than money)

1. Geographical Knowledge Improvement

Well, maybe you had never been in France but if you're a soccer handicapper, (and if you follow French league closely) I'm sure that you can easily count 10 cities in France. Ask this question to anybody and they will reply Lyon, Paris and err..Nice..errr..but you can count French League Teams in 30 seconds; Rennes, Toulese, Nice, Nantes blah blah. If you follow French League 2 as well, you can tell them about Bastia and Ajaccio as well and they will think that you went to Corsica Island, Lol!

Same goes for Italian cities as well. You love Serie A, don't you?

2. Your Mathemathical Skills Will Improve

I used to hate Math when I was in high school.
    Right now, I'm in love with Statistics and Math!

Since you calculate odds a lot, your math skills will improve..

3. You will drink less (and get healthier, LoL!)

Believe it or not, you can quit drinking by sports betting! When I was in university, there was a guy who drinks too much. He was drinking allday, all night. He was alcoholic.

One day, I heard that he quit drinking. I asked him about it.

Sawyer: Hey!
    My Friend: Hi man. You know what? I quit drinking, Thanks to Sports betting!

Sawyer: Really? but how?
    My Friend: Well, I'm spending all my money on betting! and I don't have money to buy drink anymore.

That's the way how he quit drinking, LoL!

4. Discovering America

Well, this one applies for people from outside of US. If you're interested in American Sports, you know US very well. Maybe you've never been in US, but you know where is Texas, where is Seattle, distance between Texas and Minnesota etc.

I'm not living in US but since I watch NBA everday, I memorized Star Spangled Banner word by word, LoL!

5. You don't break your arm/leg

But you can damage your head if you hit to wall after losing a bet!

You know many people are getting injuried when making dangerous sports like bungee jumping, rafting, climbing, motor sports. There's only one danger in sports betting. You can fall of your chair with a last second 3-pointer shot.

6. Good News for Girls!

Girls, this one is for you! You know lots of girls are outside to get your boy! Your boyfriend may go to a cafe/bar and other girls may try to get your boyfriend. Also when he's outside, he may cheat on you!

But if your boyfriend is a sports betting addict, there's no problem! He will spend all day at home, watching games, placing wagers. Specially Sunday are extremely safe. You can be sure that he'll be at home between 1 PM - End of Sunday Night Football.
    7. Advanced English
    This one applies for people outside of US and UK. Your english will get better and you will learn lots of things about english when handicapping a game, surfing in forums to get latest news.

8. No Problem when waking up early

Waking up early is very hard for many people. However, if you're betting on soccer, it's not a problem for you anymore. English Premier League Starts at 7:45 AM Saturday followed by games at 10:00.

9. Meeting New People / Socializing

You can meet interesting people like JJGold and Pecos Bill

10. Betgirls

These chicks are hot you know

Last edited by SBR Jonelyn; 03-25-15 at 11:53 AM. Reason: image does not exist