Originally posted on 07/24/2016:

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
Why do you think so Hugo? Isn't Rose a high paced high volume striker that should win on points round to round? Am I missing something here?

I seem to need all the help I can get when capping these chick fights lately so that's why I'm asking..

Although, like Thrilla said in a post yesterday maybe we should always be playing the dogs in prime time UFC women fights as they seem to hit alot of the time, especially lately with belts changing hands like crazy now..
I actually give the striking advantage to KK in this matchup. In her 2 UFC fights so far, she has landed an incredible 6.17 SS/min. Rose has good striking too but she was actually outstruck by Tecia Torres in her last fight 61-46. Torres hit her consistently with kicks and punches and I think Kowalkiewicz will do that even more.

I think if Rose wins this, it will be by spamming takedowns and landing strikes from top control or sinking in a sub. However, KK has defended 25/26 TDs in her fights so far (Markos landed 1/11, Clark 0/15) so she is not easily taken down.

With Rose coming off a very close fight where she was outstruck and failed to do much damage when she did get takedowns, her being a -260 favorite against an excellent striker with good TDD makes little sense to me. The odds make this a dog-or-pass fight and I think the dog is very live.