Originally posted on 07/18/2016:

Quote Originally Posted by The Kraken View Post
We trained killers, let them taste blood, and then released them on the homeland

What have we done
Boy I'm kind of stunned by a ton of responses here. I don't even know how to respond to any of it, so I'll just say my statement then leave. I spent 23 years of my life...3 wars..lost friends...got hit..yes I'm disabled by VA standards but teach daily. Those who are making comments of what have we done? Well when you have over a million people trained for combat not all of them are angels, choir boys, and trusting souls just like any other business, healthcare, or industry. But two individuals have done something heinous and all of us are maniacs or mentally unstable. Probably a really misguided view.

Those that know me, or get to know me find I'm quite normal...shocking that I mentor officers daily, teach, and don't live in a tent on the tundra killing things to keep my scopes sighted in. This past weekend I put a ramp on a 87 year old WWII Vets home...guy made me seem like a puss.

I told Booya this before, and I normally don't mention my business in public but today is the exception to the rule. I lost my brother-in-law, a police officer, in the line of duty in Mesa, AZ so this this whole subject hits way too close to home for me. I go to the valley twice a year to a highway cleanup project for a two mile stretch named after him. If you live near there try not to throw stuff out the window...at least your drug needles and broken bottles.

I would just say to everyone that not everyone fits a profile that the media, some here, and conspiracy theorists may draw up. I've only had one PTSD episode since Afghanistan and jj didn't make it.