Originally posted on 01/24/2016:

congrats on the big move up by Steve Young and Joe Montana

big years for them

Quote Originally Posted by ttwarrior1 View Post
1 Peyton Manning
When Brady, Rodgers, Eli, or whatever qb loses its always because of the O line, defense or no running game, but when Peyton Manning, aka the greatest qb of all time loses, its always because of Peyton???? You don't see Manning crying like a baby like Brady or whoever and blaming everyone else. He takes his loss like a man. With that being said, if anyone should be blaming their defense or line or running game in their career, its Manning.
Manning would take any team into the playoffs. Brady would not, as 1 example. You can stick Manning on jacksonville and they would contend.

2 John Elway
5 superbowls, won the last 2, didn't have the greatest talent around him most of his career. Talented, athletic and could do it all.

3 Johny Unitas
3 nfl championships, won the game known as the greatest game ever played. He put football on the map to television. Threw a td in 47 straight games which is incredible for back then

4 Joe Montana
4-0 in superbowls . Montana was cool, 31 4th quarter comebacks, Superbowl ratings of 127.8
and played his best when it mattered.

5 Otto Graham: most people never even heard of the guy and its a shame. Its one reason why I don't like comparing era's, but we do and it will never go away. Some day someone will say that favre, manning, brady wouldn't even make the team in a future era which may or may not be true.

In ten seasons he won 7 out of 10 championships with Cleveland

6 Dan Marino Retired 1st in almost all major passing record for career and single season.
Best pure passer I ever seen. Most people reading this can't even name one player that played
on his defense or one running back he had. There is no doubt what he would do if he was playing today.

7 Terry Bradshaw: Never lost a superbowl, was 4-0, people want to say a certain player is good because they won superbowls, well then why isn't Bradshaw listed higher. Its not always about Superbowl wins.
In fact, here is one for you. He only threw over 300 yards 7 times in his career. Surrounded by Hall of Famers and could they have won that many superbowls with a different qb? Maybe, but who knows, but since Bradshaw did it, I put Bradshaw at 7

8 Bart Starr
Green Bay didn't actually become title contenders until they replaced another qb with Starr and with basically the same team led them to 6 nfl championships in 8 years.
He was good when it counted . A very accurate passter

9 Tom Brady: basically on the list because of his superbowls and records. Had the greatest line of all time without a doubt. Not the biggest Brady fan. Hasn't won anything since Spygate. Lost 2 superbowls to Eli Manning . If he won one of those I would of put him in my top 5 perhaps. I disagree with alot of people. If Brady was on the colts for his career he wouldn't of even made the playoffs except maybe 1 or 2 times at the most. In the right system. It seems like they have won about 8 superbowls but have only 1 in the last ten years.

6 Bret Favre: 3 mvp, superbowl winner, numerous records, played with passion and played a long career.
11 pro bowls 6 all pros

Sometimes you can blame the defense, running game or the coaching, but some players take it like a man and will take the blame while others will not.

Close to the top ten. Sammy Baugh, A rodgers,