Originally posted on 08/30/2015:

The father is a political player in the state so I believe that has to be taken into account with his new message. Of course, he is allowed to say anything he wants right now and I'm not attacking him personally because I can't imagine losing my own child but it seems a bit odd less than 48 hours of her death he is pushing an agenda. He recently lost the House of Delegates race in Virginia so many Virginians see it as him boosting himself. Listening to his remarks in full I don't believe he's trying to go really far on the anti-gun sentiment but it's been spun that way so far.

The shooter submitted to a background check. He also bought the weapon legally after he was cleared. He bought a basic 9mm handgun with no extended clips or other things usually pointed to as far as banning assault style weapons. I'm not sure what else could have been done to stop the shooting. Vester is at fault here, clear intent, nothing more. There are no logical legislative alternatives that would have stopped him had they ben in place.

I wish more people would focus on the mental health and overmedicated issues we have these days rather then this tired old gun debate. I haven't heard of the Virginia shooter being on any prescriptions yet but all of the other shooters in the news over the past few years were on these meds. We are know stats and probability here as sports investors right? You put a few million people on these drugs and put them back out into society relatively unchecked, this is going to happen. It's a sad state of affairs.