Originally posted on 03/06/2015:

Quote Originally Posted by brainfreeze View Post
yeah, your not getting what I'm saying ... If I put you in a category with other good poker players, why would that mean " sbr likes you ". Anyways I don't need to hear about your one single bad beat... Just ask arnush I think his name is how I ended the night.... After making this thread... Nut straight on flop, sure enough runner runner he catches full house ... I didn't make a thread about it, it's repetitive is the point but I'm not that worried about it.... Whatever
For the full story: a player limped, he open shoved for like 20 BBs with 98 of hearts. I called of course with QQ - flop comes T76, turn Q, and river T. But he gets his $ allin with 98 vs QQ preflop, ends up losing the hand and tries to later imply that he took a bad beat? That's a rather interesting view of things!

I really don't understand these folks who are continually whining about their poker performance on here. Is it because (a) they just need to vent when things go badly for them or (b) because they genuinely believe it's rigged

If it's (a), I can sort of understand that, I'm sure everyone on here has had runs where everything seems to be going wrong, and it's not unreasonable that sometimes the build up of that will cause you to need to blow off some steam. But it's one thing to randomly do that every now and then, quite another to be doing it every single session of poker you play as you and a few others seem so fond of doing. If it's (b), then there is a very simple solution: STOP PLAYING! Why anyone would play on a site which they are convinced is rigged against them is beyond me.

As I have said, in my many years of poker, I have generally found that those who whine excessively often tend to be some of the players with the biggest leaks in their game - their ego simply causes them big problems. Very simply, whenever they lose, they always convince themselves that their losses are occurring due to bad beats/coolers etc. - never ever possibly due to their suboptimal play. And the fact that they convince themselves of that means they never improve their game. And if you believe that losing 98 to QQ allin preflop was somehow a bad beat for you, well, that's certainly not something that speaks in your favor in this regard.