Originally posted on 01/10/2015:

Quote Originally Posted by The Kraken View Post
I could've sworn Ray stated something along the lines of "I can buy into the idea of a historical jesus." Not sure where he said that but I vividly remember it.

The main point of your post was to look objectively at history and we will see that jesus was in fact a real person and there is more evidence he existed that any other person

But I'm confused because Ray wasn't denying it

I think you're being passive aggressive and the real point of your post is something much different than whether jesus existed in the human flesh. Your real point is that jesus is the son of god and we should all seek god with an open heart.

You're sneaky but you can't fool a fool
He said there is little evidence. That's just not true. There is far more evidence than for any other person from antiquity, and it's not even close. That's my point. Of course there is more evidence that your dad existed (now that he is living) but he is not from antiquity. You have to compare apples to apples. Furthermore, once your father dies, there likely will be more evidence Jesus of Nazareth existed than He. See the irony?

I'm not passive aggressive at all. I'm not sneaky. Jesus exists and is beyond existence. I can't show you this though, I can only tell you the facts of history and things regarding my life experience.

Forget me for a second. How can anyone deride seeking the possibility of the one true God? People want to be "open minded" about all manner of things, and think it's important, but they don't want to be open minded about possibly the most important thing in human life? It just shows you how screwed up and rebellious we are.

My attempts and postings here are strictly about being honest with ourselves and trying to think the right way.