Originally posted on 11/06/2014:

First things first: I've always liked weeder and found his shtick amusing. An acquired taste, perhaps, but it's strictly for shits & giggles. He DOES provide entertainment value for those so inclined/care enough to "get him". Some totally miss the boat w/him and that's amusing in and of itself (I could name names but I won't).

Rocketeer isn't one that misses the boat, he understands weeder's shtick but doesn't find it amusing and feels it gets excessive being this is a gambling forum and not Carrot Top's blog. I respect that opinion; my counter to that opinion is the*fact* that SBR stopped being strictly a gambling forum moons ago. I shouldn't have to elaborate as to this certainty or to how or WHY -- those that need elaboration on this fact will probably never get it anyway.

I also have always liked Shari and like zizou stated, I agree w/her 99% of the time. But, also similar to what zizou elocuted in his fine posts above, she's off the mark here, IMO. She engaged in a little intellectual 'bait & switch' by trying to make this a "soft" issue. Has nothing to do with *that* and everything to do with an AGREEMENT. Call me old fashioned, but I take giving your word (especially when entering an agreement) sacrosanct. To me, it's silly to try to put forth the argument that no forum "rules" were broken; uh, hello... everybody knows that. It wasn't a rules violation... weeder committed a honor violation. He failed to live up to his agreement w/ Rocketeer for his unbanning to (rightfully) proceed -- in short, Rocketeer was duped in the agreement and PAID IN FULL w/ his video only to be subsequently shafted.

Now, before I hear the counter of "SBR could give a rat's ass bout a honor violation we only care about rules violations yadda yadda" let's all remember that ... *drumroll* ... for better or worse, Shari (in fact) involved herself in this agreement. PERIOD. Horse left the barn -- can't disassociate from the agreement NOW and fall back on "forum rules". The standard should be what was agreed to; after all, was is not weeder that initiated admin participation? Ah, yeah, it was. And Shari obliged. The agreement was weeder had to do what rocketeer did in order to be unbanned. Simple, really. End of story.
Believe it or not, it's kinda important what Admin says previously (publicly) -- peeps remember.