Originally posted on 05/07/2014:

Quote Originally Posted by sweep View Post
all it is is an information site just like statfox is for other sports, in this case its a stat site for rednecks...no harm done
Yes except he posted the link multiple times daily, said he was involved with it and also changed his avatar to promote the website.

Now what do you think would happen to me if I created a tennis site and did the same thing?

If I were being truly altruistic I'd merely copy and paste the relevant stuff over here and be done with it. Not trying to lure people over to sign up for newsletters and click on my links for ad $.

Instead he was posting stuff like multiple times a day:

"Fot those of u that are getting our newsletter from our zzzz site, as most of u already do, look @ who was a pick for the WIN this weekend?

DENNY HAMLIN was!

that was obviously xxxx pick in the nesletter, and he akso hit it for the real $ on the race as well so congrats xxx as well!!"

Now wtf would you do if you were running a company that cost 10s of thousands a day in wages, server fees, etc to keep going across multiple sites and someone was blatantly advertising on it for two weeks? We have a NASCAR forum. Either post your stuff or don't but don't blatantly advertise on SBR and brag about how many people now subscribe to your newsletter thanks to the $ John pays to retain posters and everything else. He could've posted the info quietly and no one would have a clue about his site but of course that wasn't the goal.

Some of you are acting brand new and like you purposely don't know jack about how SBR is run yet I've seen some of you in other threads rejoicing when posters were banned for the same thing. You're letting your e-feelings for a stranger get in the way of common sense and I'm side-eyeing all of you for being so silly.