Originally posted on 02/28/2014:

Quote Originally Posted by SBR Natalie View Post

Very interesting .... Do you look at many other markets typically?
As there is no incentive to run away by a big margin to win a race in F1, I think the Under 10 seconds winning margin market is always worth some thought. (although there were a lot of 10+ sec margins last year which was unusual compared to the previous few years). With these new cars and fuel usage rate rules I'd say there will be even more dis incentive for a driver to go any faster than required in the lead. So will be trying that again this year.

Driver to Score Points (top 10) usually offers a couple of decent shots around $3.00 or better. I'm thinking with the new cars and reliability issues (hopefully) there might be some really big priced shots to be had early. Like a Marussia for example...

A tip from another forum poster (MatI) that seems to work very well for him is to bet NO Safety Car in the appropriate races (most of them)

On betfair they have interesting Pole/Race WInner market that usually offers a chance to buy a couple early and trade out with an easy profit after qualifying. (well in theory... haven't been that successful with it but can always see what I should have done afterward lol)

I like betting who will top the first and third practice sessions too. Just because a pattern develops in the first one around which teams do their pre race work in what order (some do faster lap work first session, some in 2nd)... and third session is mostly all out speed for the big teams so more reliable to predict. (although maybe thats also because I like watching practice sessions anyway, and betting on it makes it a lot more interesting)

Was burnt a bunch of times last year betting Webber for a podium finish, with his string of 4ths.

Sometimes driver head to heads.

Too much probably. I'm not sharp. Just a race fan that loves betting on anything with an engine in it.