Originally posted on 03/04/2013:

As I look at this short card and see everyone trying to find winners on the big tv games I decided to dive into this under the radar matchup and might of found a nice hidden gem.

First it caught my eye that Montana (20-6) is only 2 point fav's against Southern Utah (11-16). This game is Montana's 5th straight road game, which is very rare during the conference slate. They also just played rival Montana St surviving by 3 on 3/2. Very quick turn around to come back on monday and play a team in SUU who could easily be overlooked while the kids are checking the standings. Before playing Montana St they also had a very draining Davidson game which they lost in OT.

Montana's leading scorer Mathias Ward (14.8 ppg/3.9 boards) missed both of those games and is still listed being out indefinitely. He's fellow senior leader Will Cherry (13.2 ppg/ 4.4 boards / 4.4 assists) also missed the last game. He got x rays but even though they looked good, he's has only walked on it once. He had broken his foot earlier in the season.

Also all the local Articles I've read seem that they are just trying to make sure their 2 leader scorers/seniors will be healthy for the Big Sky Tournament.

This is the second matchup this season between these two, Montana winning @ Home only by 6 : 73-67. In that game Ward went off for 20 and 4 and Cherry dropped 10, 5, and 3.

Ward and Cherry are the only Seniors on the team, which is worth pointing out as we know teams can struggle and look lost missing their seniors after running the same sets all season long.

Now I'm watching the line and every book has -2 -110 pretty much except our favorite Pinny!

They have a nice looking pinny lean going right now offering the 20-6 road favorites -2.5 +101 and the comeback +2.5 -113.

Southern Utah hasn't played since the 28th and this is their senior night. Their top 2 leading scores Jackson Stevenett (17 pgg / 6 boards) and Damon Heuir (15.9 ppg / 3 and 3) are both seniors and should want to play their last home strong especially since they won't have any postseason.

On top of that the entire team also has the revenge factor after losing as mentioned earlier by 6 in the previous matchup.

I'm going w/ a max play on this game on both the +2 and ML (when it comes out at my book)

Just wanted to share the info I've found and GL if you decide to tail/fade.

Here is the most recent update I can find about the two senior's injuries.

Montana’s two seniors, forward Mathias Ward and point guard Will Cherry, both watched Tuesday’s practice from the bleachers. That might be as close as they get to the action for a good while. It’s highly unlikely either will play Saturday or Monday when the Griz travel to Montana State and Southern Utah.
Ward missed Saturday’s overtime loss at Davidson after spraining the arch in his left foot late in a win at Idaho State.
“I just came down on someone’s foot wrong, twisted it and felt something pop,” Ward said Tuesday.
Doctors have told Ward he could possibly recover in time to play in the Big Sky tournament, which begins March 14 in either Missoula or Ogden.
“I’m hoping to come back sooner than that,” Ward said.
Cherry, who missed the first seven games of the season with a broken bone in his right foot, thought that he had broken it again late in the game at Davidson.
“It was kind of the same, but it was more when I came down that I heard it pop,” Cherry said. “I instantly thought it broke. There was no way I could have gone back in the game. It was the same exact feeling as when I broke it.”
X-rays on Sunday, though, did not show a break and a more detailed look with a CT scan on Monday confirmed the X-rays.
“They actually said it looked exactly the same as my last checkup. (Jan. 28),” Cherry said.
Cherry said there is no timetable yet for his return.
“That’s a hard call,” Cherry said when asked if he thought he would play for the Griz again. “As of right now I don’t know too much. I haven’t walked an ounce on it since. I want to say I’ll give it a week to see how it’s feeling. Right now it feels as if something’s wrong, but nobody knows what it is. That’s the confusing part and that’s the scary part because I don’t know what the percentages are of me going back out there and this time breaking it.
“Personally, I feel like it’s a warning sign, telling me to take it easy. But I know me, I want to get back on the court. If my foot’s not feeling right, I’m not going to push it because sure, I want to end my career right and do some things I haven’t been able to accomplish. The only thing left for me in my career is to win a game or two in the NCAA tournament and that’s what I want to do. But I have to think long term because there’s life after college basketball. I have to think of what’s best for me personally.”