Originally posted on 02/12/2013:

Your lender is getting paid 'daily' (at least recently after quite a bit of harassment, an extremely long period of nothing and a risky consolidation loan which was immediately betrayed), and after countless and constant 'mistakes', you seem to be slowly wandering in the direction of doing the right thing...congratulations. Whether or not someone repays a debt has a lot to do with their character. Freezing interest MIGHT coax a small percentage of people to do the right thing...and it might also allow people to continually take advantage and make 'mistakes', apologize profusely, swear they're turning over a new leaf only to make another 'mistake'.

Bottom line: the longer you borrow someone else's points/dollars/assets, the greater the cost should be...if I didn't care about ever seeing my points again, I'd just give them away. I might not be the foremost expert on lending, but I've kept my word in all of my dealings...when you can show the same for more than a week at a time, your opinions on other people's loans might have some credibility.