Originally <a href='/showthread.php?p=17720262'>posted</a> on 02/04/2013:

Quote Originally Posted by sideloaded View Post
wanna bets talks about all the good cappers leaving? But this place was a shit hole back in 2010. SO I guess he is talking about luca fury? Dude got himself banned. he didnt leave LOL
The thing is, people like wannabet and others aren't really motivated in the handicapping game by monetary gains. It is strictly about camaraderie for many, and for a few it becomes an attention seeking game.

The reason I say they are not motivated by money is that the amounts put into action are paltry by whichever way you wan to stretch it. Now, I know there are exceptions like the guy who was torn up over $250, but people like this must be pretty rare.

So when people say the "good cappers" left, they don't mean people who were winning handicappers. They meant their "friends" that play this little game of camaraderie and attention seeking along with them.

Imagine if I made a thread and went on an 0-19 streak at any time. I would be utterly crucified. But that is simply because I don't coddle the children and intellectual dwarfs that frequent the internet as a whole. But, if I was a sycophant that went around congratulating anyone for any miniscule achievement, my 0-19 streak would be brushed off as mere "variance". Nobody would say "you could have blindly bet +350 dogs and gone better than 0-19".