Originally posted on 11/08/2012:

Quote Originally Posted by shari91 View Post
Bachmann goes anywhere near a ticket let alone even appears at the RNC and the election is over. Seriously, I would have a better chance at winning than of her ever being elected VP let alone President.

People need to get out of their heads that women will vote for someone simply because they're a woman. Just like women won't vote for Hilary simply because she's a woman and women here in Australia didn't vote for our current PM simply because she's a female. In fact it's the female vote here that will more than likely get her ousted at the next election. Women are THE MOST POWERFUL voters in the US. Women of all races, socio-economic backgrounds, marital status, sexuality, with children or not, etc. I simply don't understand why the Republican Party not only has such a hard time accepting this but won't even bother to figure out what it is that women care about. (Big hint: It's not abortion.) How many stats, polls, whatever do they need to see who the majority of voters are in the US? FFS the international media was giving the Republican Party a blueprint on how to attract the vote of women and I swear it's like someone saw it and said "yeah thanks for the suggestion but we're going to do everything opposite to that and take our chances". Again, I think those guys who said ages ago that the Repubs were tanking this election were definitely onto something.

So yeah Republican Party supporters: If your leaders think Chris Christie somehow fukked your party, you're done. Throw in the towel now because if that's the ideology of this party then they're not going to win an election ever again. If anything he helped to humanise it and made it more relateable to voters out there which Republicans desperately need. It's bloody 2012 not 1812 ffs. So frustrating to watch what was once a great party go into the shitter like this.
Agree with everything you say here. In fact, I'd take it one step further and say that a party should be even more careful and selective if they're adding a woman to the ticket. I think that women in general would be much more hyper-critical of a woman VP candidate, so they have to make sure it's the right one. The idea that you can just throw woman voters a bone because their candidate has a vagina is, well, par for the course for this decaying party.