Extra Innings
    Extra Innings's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 315

Question About Legal Gun Laws and Self Defense with a Gun : Nominated Post

Originally posted on 07/22/2012:

Quote Originally Posted by NYSportsGuy210 View Post
    Also like with the whole Plaxico Burress thing I was curious, if I could buy a gun legally and use it for protection what does that exactly mean? Like could I take it to a club with me and say someone bully's me or punches me because he thought I was "staring as his GF or talking to his GF" or just because I accidentally bumped into him on the dance floor or something and he decided to punch me could I use it then?
    I'm not a lawyer but in my State (PA), you are eligible to be killed by me if I feel my life or the life of others is in danger or one faces grave injury because of your actions.

The following actions would get you killed by me in PA

-Without a doubt, breaking into my home.
    -Attempting to break into my car with me inside. it's a slippery slope, I would probably wait for you to either brandish a weapon (any weapon) or break my windows. If you blocked my passage, I would call 911 first as I would do in all the circumstances listed above.
    -Attempted assault would get you a warning, if you continued you would be shot.
    -Trespassing on my property and failing to leave.
    -Any act of aggression toward my family (that includes your pets).

With my license I have changed many of my habits.
    -I don't drink in bars, though I could and carry as well here in the great State of PA.
    -I don't put myself in vulnerable situation despite being armed. Having to defend yourself legally is expensive (see Trayvon Martin).
    -I no longer instigate. In the past, I may have fukked around with you if you tailgated me....nowadays I just pull to the side of the road and let you go. It really doesn't happen much here in PA, but nowadays I generally don't respond to tough guys. I just let them say what they have to say and be on their way.

NYSportsGuy210
    NYSportsGuy210's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 131

Very interesting response. So in PA, you could technically go to a bar or pub and if someone comes in your face and starts yelling at you and threatening you but doesn't actually touch you....do you have the right to hit or shoot them?