Originally posted on 02/29/2012:

Quote Originally Posted by dlunc3 View Post
realy, you think a team should cover 4 when down 84-77 with a few minutes left needing to go on a 15-3 run to end the game?? if you expect that on your bets, I need to start tailing you
I'm not seeing how you're taking offense to what I'm saying but I'll humor you. Did you somehow just decide to take the peak of the lead and then decide that that peak should continue for the rest of the game? This is the NBA. It's made of runs. Everyone knows that. By no means am I saying Philly played well, they obviously didn't. They scored 4 points in the last 5 minutes, 3 of those points coming from the 3 iggy made with 4 seconds left.

However, if you look at the play by play, right after Philly scored 2 to go up 84-77 with 5:32 left, Thunder immediately answers back with a 2, and then missed shot by Philly, and then a 3 by the Thunder. 84-82 with 4:45 left. So from that point on, Thunder played the better ball on both sides by far.

I lost the play as well, but I'm sane enough to understand that this play wasn't a bad beat. It was just a play on a team that just seems to not be able to get it done when it counts. It is what it is. Good luck on this Chicago game.