Here's why online gambling isn't legal:

* Unlike the posters who frequent SBR, online gambling is not even a blip on the radar screen in many people's everyday lives. It's like the legalization of marijuana for someone like me. I don't care either way because the last hit I took was 20 years ago. Therefore:

* Political candidates get no juice for running on a pro-gambling platform. In voters minds, gambling (particularly sports gambling) is a shadowy topic and it will not earn any candidate any political capital by associating with it.

* The only way it could gain steam is if an entrenched incumbent brought it up as a revenue enhancer (tax) which might be palatable to the electorate, positioning it as a special interest tax that would not be shouldered by the masses but by the bookmakers and ultimately the players. In other words, someone else pays but everyone wins is the only way it can be packaged.

* If it is delivered delicately and cleverly, and then presented as a reasonable and viable way to generate revenue then, once the public has digested it, alert them that opponents want to limit their right to choose and these same politicians have the gall to believe they know what's best for the American people. Then the general public will understand it is akin to the silliness that was Prohibition and the dominoes will fall, painting all those who oppose it as bible belt tub thumpers.

* Only when it becomes politically viable to back online gambling, will the politicians do it. Until then, there is no reason for that dog to hunt.