Cougar Bait
    2010 Poster of the Year
    Cougar Bait's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3289

Getting fined or jailed for not buying health insurance unconstitutional! : Nominated

Quote Originally Posted by Willie Bee View Post
    States have put into law mandatory auto liability insurance for years. One would think if NOT having insurance is ok, those laws would've been struck down by now.
    This is totally different and you know it Willie...

They don't force you to buy car insurance. What they do is prohibit you from driving without insurance. You are perfectly free to avoid the premiums by avoiding driving. Also there is a reason for linking insurance -- keeping in mind that it is liability insurance that we are talking about here -- to driving in this way, and it does not apply to the case of health insurance.

Requiring liability insurance is the only way to prevent massive, widespread injustice: people being hurt or maimed by automobiles without being compensated for it.

I am really anxious to know just how much the government is going to subsidize those that cannot afford to purchase health insurance. The US is in debt like it's never been before. The only ones who are going to benefit from this bill are Doctors, Hospitals, Pharmaceutical companies, and the biggest winner, the insurance companies. All of them will be laughing all the way to the bank at our expense. Nothing in this health care bill does anything about the over-charging of patients by doctors and hospitals, drug companies, and nothing about getting insurance companies to dramatically lower their monthly premiums.

brojewaybeaws
    brojewaybeaws's Avatar Become A Pro!

Natural Cures For Acid Reflux

As a Newbie, I am continuously searching online for articles that can aid me. Thank you. Acid Reflux Remedies