This is in addition to being many thousands of dollars in gambling debt that my wife is unaware of.

A couple of weeks ago my brother died unexpectedly. In a depressed state I started to drive the several hundred miles to the funeral with a bottle of whiskey in my hand. I fell asleep across the state line with the next thing I remember being the explosion of an air bag going off in my face. I then remember walking around seeing all kinds of emergency vehicles in the area asking everyone if somebody was hurt, and evidently no one was. I was taken to jail and charged with DUI, and I bailed out the next day. I'm still not sure what happened or what I hit. I never did make it to the funeral.

Now I'm back, but in a job where I have to drive a company vehicle long distances every day. Almost certainly, the other state will report this to my state, and when they do my DMV will revoke my license. I still have the "paper" license, which I must submit to my employer every year as proof I am an eligible driver (I don't think they actually ever run this license through the DMV to make sure it's not revoked).

This is quite a dilemna. Once my license is revoked, should I just continue to drive and hope I don't get stopped? If I have to go through a checkpoint, what are the chances they will just accept the license, and wave me through and not run it through their computers?

This really makes me want to drink and gamble...