Here is a breakdown of my plays………

Best Bets are three unit plays.
Strong plays are two unit plays.
Regular plays are one unit plays

I don’t do totals. I suck at totals in all sports. Something new I am going to add this year is moneyline parlays. I have had success in bases doing that with two large favs, so for those games I don’t want to lay the points but feel pretty sure they will win the game, I will probably parlay them together and see what happens. I am uncertain of the amount of teams I will use in a parlay, so I will just play it by ear and see how it goes. All of my moneyline parlays will be just for one unit.

Best Bets (0-0)(even)
Strong Plays (0-0)(even)
Regular Plays (0-0)(even)
Moneyline Parlays (0-0(even)

Overall (0-0)(even)

I usually suck in the NFL. I gave up around week ten last year after taking a beating. Two years ago I had a good season and made some money. I seem to have a winning season about every five years. As much as I love to bet the NFL, I really am horrible and usually a good fade for everybody out there.

Whatever I win on Saturday, I usually give most of it back on Sunday. EVERYBODY HAS BEEN WARNED. With that being said, lets move on to the first week of the NFL. Like in college football I will have no Best Bets this first week…you just never know how things will go.

NFL WEEK ONE

Thursday, September 4th

Giants -4 vs Washington (strong play)………………..I really love this game, but being it is the first week and I have my rule with no best bets, I am just making this a two unit strong play. This line seems scary to me with it only being 4 points. The reason I am not afraid of it is because I have seen my share of people on the skins in this one. It is not all one sided. We know what happens when games are one side. Defending Super Bowl Champions at home on national TV and laying less than a TD against the always over-rated, underachieving Redskins. I might be a sucker, but I will bite and see what happens. Giants may not be as good or have as much success as last year as it is always tough when you have that big target on your back, but for this opener they will be ready and come up with guns blazing and pick up a win by at least 7 points with the possibility of a blow out.

Sunday, September 7th

New Orleans -3 vs Tampa Bay (strong play)…………..Lets face it, sometimes all we have to go on the first week is gut feelings. Preseason means nothing, forget about it, otherwise we would all agree the Patriots suck and will be one of the worst teams in the league. Two years ago the Saints shocked everybody and had a great season, and then last year was a different story. I look for this team to come out hungry and bounce back to that form of two years ago. Tampa will probably be the typical good offense/no defense team they usually are. I think they Saints will play well defensively and their offense will eventually take control of this game. I love the line only being 3 and not 3 ½. Points should not come into play, but in case they only win by a field goal, a push is certainly better than a loss.

Detroit -3 vs Atlanta (regular play)…………Always scary taking Detroit on the road, especially as a favorite and will probably kick myself later for doing so, but I think Detroit will surprise some people this year and I also think Atlanta, even though I like Matt Ryan is in for a long, long season. There is a reason Detroit is favored on the road…they are going to win. Only a regular one unit play for me, so if I lose these games early on it will not bury me.

Miami +3 vs Jets (regular play)………….Probably betting with my heart here and I know better, but I am doing it anyway. Dolphins were better than their 1-15 record last year. I don’t care what anybody says. The line tells me the fish will be in this game and might even win it. Why else would the up and coming Jets with a legend QB only give the pathetic Dolphins three points? Dolphins will shock some people and win 5-7 games this year. Dolphins match last years win total this very first week.

Pittsburgh -6 vs Houston (regular play)……………Let me start by saying I hate the Steelers. I live in Steeler country and everybody is not talking about how great they are like they usually do. I think that is when Pittsburgh is the most dangerous. Even during down years, the Steelers always come to play when at home. I look for Ben to have a better season and for the Steeler running game to get back in form as well. I don’t see anything special about Houston. I love the fact this line has dropped down to six. Steelers should be good. Then again I suck in the NFL. Keep that in mind when reading my picks.

The remainder of my picks are regular one unit plays as well. No write-ups and they are all just gut feelings for this opening week.

Buffalo -1 vs Seattle
Tennessee +3 vs Jacksonville

I know that is a lot of games, but I just cannot resist the first week of the NFL. Something about putting in a few bets and doing nothing on a Sunday afternoon.

I might be back on Sunday with the Sunday night game. I am sure I will like somebody by then and of course we have two Monday night games which I will post on Monday.

Good Luck Everybody!! Lets have a great opening week.