Mr Handicapable
    Mr Handicapable's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 174

2 Saturday games that look good...Northcoast's Preseason Game of the Year?

I like the Lions -3 (Even) over Cleveland. The Browns are beat up and are playing on only 5 days rest! The Giants literally beat the hell out of the first unit on both sides and I don't see them risking much here! GB was in the same situation last Sat. and lost 34-6!

I also like the Saints-3 (Even) on the road vs the Bengals. I think the Saints will challenge for the Super Bowl in the NFC this year and Cincy is very beat up as well. No Ocho Cinco, no TJ WhoseYourMama, no Rudi Johnson and I think the Bengals will run the ball to make sure C. Palmer stays upright for the regular season. I like Mark Brunell in the 2nd half to work effectively against the Bengals subs!

I'm guessing one of these will be Phil Steele's Preseason pick of the year tomorrow but who knows?

DaChosen1FoSho
    DaChosen1FoSho's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 91

I got the Saints -2 1/2 @ -110. I'm cool with that

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

I really can't argue with either play, except to add that I like the UNDER at 41 in the Bengals game. That is a big total for preseason, especially when it looks like one team will have to do most of the scoring.

Mr Handicapable

Northcoast Sports Preseason pick of the year is Cleveland +3! Not the direction I was leaning w/the Brownies coming off just 5 days rest but the first units played so bad vs the G-Men that I can see their motivation. Quinn should get alot of playing time and Ken Dorsey looked pretty decent and may beat up on the Lion scrubs in the 2nd half! Drew Scranton is out so it will be Dan Orlovsky's game after Kitna departs! I didn't pound it because I'm scared of the short 5 days rest but Northcoast usually hits their game of the month at well over 60 percent!

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

Don't worry, Phil Steele is purely a trends handicapper. There are plenty of valid handiapping reasons to back the Lions here.

intelsource
    intelsource's Avatar Become A Pro!

ATS Pre-season LOY is Detroit. Northcoast released Cle as a 4*. Only a 5* (their highest) from them is worthy of serious consideration IMO.

Mr Handicapable

We'll see here shortly! I've been w/Northcoast/Phil Steele for over 10 yrs. and they've always been pretty reliable for me. Granted...I've never bet NFL preseason very much til this year and they're usually better w/NCAA but they did have a excellent year in the NFL last year!

awholelottalumps
    awholelottalumps's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 66

The Saints look great here.Nice job.

SexyMit
    SexyMit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 204

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Handicapable View Post
    We'll see here shortly! I've been w/Northcoast/Phil Steele for over 10 yrs. and they've always been pretty reliable for me. Granted...I've never bet NFL preseason very much til this year and they're usually better w/NCAA but they did have a excellent year in the NFL last year!
    How bout post a few of there plays and see how good they do... GL with your picks and hope that we all have a profitable yr

intelsource
    intelsource's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by SexyMit View Post
    How bout post a few of there plays and see how good they do... GL with your picks and hope that we all have a profitable yr
    According to another site, to date their 4-11 overall in preseason. No 5*'s though, which I play myself; I wouldn't play their other games.