SBR Lou
    SBR Lou's Avatar Become A Pro!

Brawl breaks out at Dolphins camp

Anyone hear about the brawl at Dolphins training camp? Hilarious.

Miami Herald

Tempers have flared during the Dolphins practice this morning.

On an otherwise routine deep pass down the right sideline, cornerback Will Allen and receiver David Kircus got into a scuffle after the play was over. Actually, it was more like after the pass fell incomplete. Allen began punching on Kircus who fell to the turf and basically went into a fetal position as Allen stood over him.

It is impossible to say what started the fight but one source says it is because Kircus put a hard block on Allen a play or two before and the cornerback didn't appreciate the treatment. There was apparently also a verbal exchange pleasantries.

Anyway, Allen's distribution of punches lasted for about five seconds then he apparently realized Kircus wasn't fighting back. So Allen stopped, and as he was walking back to the line of scrimmage an unidentified offensive player (some reporters believe it was Reagan Mauia, or Anthony Fasano, or Sean Ryan or Boomer Grigsby) tackled Allen and started whooping on him.

And then it got crazy.

Defensive players came to Allen's defense. Offensive players then joined in. And the melee that ensued lasted about 10 seconds as coaches frantically blew their whistles and carefully tried to re-establish order.

Withing, I would estimate, 45 seconds, the order was indeed restored and the Dolphins ran another play. Coach Tony Sparano was seen remonstrating with Allen afterward.

In all my years of covering football, I've seen a lot of practice fights but normally it is an offensive lineman versus a defensive lineman. I have never seen a cornerback attack a receiver.

Today is the last day of training camp. Can't come a moment too soon apparently.

fiveteamer
    Sweet berry wine!!!
    fiveteamer's Avatar Become A Pro!

Kircus should hire a lawyer.

SBR Lou
    SBR Lou's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by fiveteamer View Post
    Kircus should hire a lawyer.
    I'd like to hear his reasoning for going into a fetal position as he was punched, if it was to avoid having his money messed up or being fined I can understand- but damn, self defense. This was a cornerback on a wide receiver, their builds are about the same, not like it's some place kicker getting smacked around by a middle linebacker. Then I can understand the fetal position.

bettilimbroke999
    bettilimbroke999's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 506

They can't beat any other team might as well beat their own

Marigold HD
    Marigold HD's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 47737

Quote Originally Posted by bettilimbroke999 View Post
    They can't beat any other team might as well beat their own
    That's hilarious and true.........