Lockitup1x
    Lockitup1x's Avatar Become A Pro!

Pats ONE AND DONE

I'd like to hear some honest criticism of this team that is everyone's darling. Everyone has bashed on Manning and Caldwell, let's face it, the Pats shit the bed tonight.

brooks85
    brooks85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6881

and last year

Powderguy
    Powderguy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 54

Shocking

latinrus
    Pats, Pats, Pats
    latinrus's Avatar Become A Pro!

Yep they shit the bed!

Congrats Jets Backers today!

But really will be rooting for Pitt next week!

MarkDee
    MarkDee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

if only there were 5 quarters

Lockitup1x

Did Tom Brady have a bad game with everything on the line against a rival?

stefan084
    stefan084's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 601

I don't think the Pats "shit the bed". I think no one is giving the Jets credit for a good defensive scheme. i was on the pats but switched over to the jets at halftime once i saw the d.

Lockitup1x

Quote Originally Posted by stefan084 View Post
    I don't think the Pats "shit the bed". I think no one is giving the Jets credit for a good defensive scheme. i was on the pats but switched over to the jets at halftime once i saw the d.
    Jets D is due credit for sure

Waterstpub87
    Slan go foill
    Waterstpub87's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7298

There are only crickets were the patriots fans were on the board.

Scottish
    Scottish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 259

Quote Originally Posted by Lockitup1x View Post
    I'd like to hear some honest criticism of this team that is everyone's darling. Everyone has bashed on Manning and Caldwell, let's face it, the Pats shit the bed tonight.
    Manning is a repeat offender for 10 years though, nobody expected the Patriots to even be contenders after a few weeks.

Rich Boy
    Rich Boy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1106

Sure the pats wont win the superbowl, but they were favored to. That has to mean something.

uhuhahah
    uhuhahah's Avatar Become A Pro!

Vegas decided who win....Pats have a good night...
    ML JETS next week. ML Bears next week...

Redchevy
    Redchevy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5697

I'll give you some honest reply from someone who lost a lot of money on this game. As much as I think the Belichick/Brady is a great Coach/QB combination, I think they got very soft with the bye week. These players need to play every week and be in a structured envviroment to stay sharp. It was very evident to me that NE got lazy with their time off, no matter what you hear otherwise. They were flat, out of synch and just didn't have the killer instinct and now they can go home to watch the good players in the SB. JMO

Lockitup1x

Quote Originally Posted by Redchevy View Post
    I'll give you some honest reply from someone who lost a lot of money on this game. As much as I think the Belichick/Brady is a great Coach/QB combination, I think they got very soft with the bye week. These players need to play every week and be in a structured envviroment to stay sharp. It was very evident to me that NE got lazy with their time off, no matter what you hear otherwise. They were flat, out of synch and just didn't have the killer instinct and now they can go home to watch the good players in the SB. JMO
    I'm not trying to rub this in anyones face. I liked the Pats too, I just expected more tonight, and I was more let down by this loss than by the Colts loss last week.

dngf
    Update your status
    dngf's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 85308

I think Redchevy made a good point, the Pats just did not look like themselves today. I was surprised how many times they ran the ball, and that they couldn't get the short passing game working at all. I tip my hat to the jets but I too expected more offensively from NE today.

D3 Mighty Ducks
    D3 Mighty Ducks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 782

Quote Originally Posted by Scottish View Post

Manning is a repeat offender for 10 years though, nobody expected the Patriots to even be contenders after a few weeks.
    Really? People constantly think the Pats will compete for the Bowl year in a year out. Just part of being a fan so take the heat.

rsnnh12
    rsnnh12's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 205

The Pats playcalling was atrocious. The first 2 drives were great, moved down the field in no time. Then, for some reason, they tried to establish the run. That isn't what made their run game successful this year. The constant passing and quickly moving the chains opened up the run game and made it the force it was.

Even Belichick was dissapointed in all of the run plays, especially during that embarassingly long drive in the 4th. The OC definitely screwed up bad.

Oh well. It was still a rebuilding year for the Pats, so they should be a lot better next year. Probably not record-wise, but as a whole, the team will be much more consistent

juuso
    juuso's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

Jets defense was just very good.

mighty maron
    USA Bra over 2.5
    mighty maron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 85

Jets D adjusted admirably.

ex50warrior
    ex50warrior's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 25076

I know it didn't seem to make a difference for the past 6-7 weeks but yesterday it seemed to me like they really missed the deep threat (Moss).

ngates815
    Hooked Nose J
    ngates815's Avatar Become A Pro!

wooohoooo. that makes me happy

txmagnolia2
    txmagnolia2's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 60

Thanks for the heads up about the early games. We just got back from the Spurs game in San Antonio.

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

Gotta give the Jets credit. Sanchez picked a good day to have the best game of his career.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Since the NFL banned cheating after Videogate Patriots offense has been very average in the playoffs.

Lockitup1x

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    Since the NFL banned cheating after Videogate Patriots offense has been very average in the playoffs.
    Obviously they didn't ban cheating, they just said don't get caught.

Brady looked like a statue getting mugged in slow motion. The sacks, poor decisions and throws were uncharacteristic. Missing wide open receivers and throwing it in the dirt or off to everyone else. What was up with the Pats horrible play calling and game / clock management?

Caldwell calls one errant time out and is torn a new one. I hope those same critics were paying attention to this piss poor performance.

Wulfman14
    The Great Khali
    Wulfman14's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by stefan084 View Post
    very good schemes, pats became frustrated and lost. pats didnt shit the bed