McBa1n
    Update your status
    McBa1n's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 523

Uh, you guys do remember it's January at Solider Field, right? What is the secret to winning in January? The Pack's inconsistent/inability to run the football is a big deal. It's January in Chicago, not January in a dome. GB is built for turf, not for the cold.

infamousbacardi
    Alone In a Room
    infamousbacardi's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 132

Quote Originally Posted by Starion View Post
    Rodgers just had one of his best games ever and I don't expect him to repeat that type of performance. Bears and Packers know each other very well and this won't be an easy game for either team. Take the points.
    I'm sure people were saying that about Rodgers after his first performance as well...and then AGAIN probably after his second performance. Now, 10 TDs, about 1,000 yards and 3 games later, which by the way happens to be an NFL record for first 3 career playoff games, you say it again...look, this isn't Jay Cutler...Aaron Rogers is on the verge of becoming elite....and really, one of the only things standing in his way is a lucky-to-be here Bears team.
    I'm not saying based on this logic I'm taking the Packers....but I AM DEFINITELY saying that, based on this logic, there is no way I'm NOT taking the Packers because of it.
    I said it once, I'll say it again...if the Packers don't turn it over more than 2.5 times, and don't have more than 7 penalties, the Bears have no chance.

Hexum
    Hexum's Avatar Become A Pro!

Bears defense doesnt have to blitz to get pressure to Rodgers. We have 2 great Linebackers with speed that can prevent the big runs from rodgers. Our secondary also really solid, ATL had injuries to theirs and had a weak secondary to begin with. I believe the running game is what beat the eagles and thats something the bears is play the run. I really think the bears are gonna play rodgers the way the jets played Brady and Manning.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21689

Quote Originally Posted by infamousbacardi View Post
    Not up and down on the Bears...and they won't need to in order to win. The Bears are NOT scoring more than 17 points, and that will not be enough to win. The ONLY chance Chicago has is turnovers. If they don't force at least 3 turnovers, the rout will be on in Chicago. Write that down, and remember where you heard it.

The Packers will win this one by at least 7.
    Don't forget special teams. Seriously, do not forget about special teams.

thefonzo
    thefonzo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5373

Quote Originally Posted by Hexum View Post
    Bears defense doesnt have to blitz to get pressure to Rodgers. We have 2 great Linebackers with speed that can prevent the big runs from rodgers. Our secondary also really solid, ATL had injuries to theirs and had a weak secondary to begin with. I believe the running game is what beat the eagles and thats something the bears is play the run. I really think the bears are gonna play rodgers the way the jets played Brady and Manning.

So what position do you play??

t-wizzle
    t-wizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2191

Chicago is getting 3.5 at home, they have shown the ability especially lately to run the ball effectively (and if Green Bay has one weakness, it is their run defense), the field conditions will most likely favor the Bears, and the Pack have put up only 27 points on Chicago this year.

So who am I taking? Green Bay.

jhack704
    jhack704's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1443

take gb, its rigged nfl wants gb in super bowl

Statman
    Statman's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2745

Quote Originally Posted by t-wizzle View Post
    Chicago is getting 3.5 at home, they have shown the ability especially lately to run the ball effectively (and if Green Bay has one weakness, it is their run defense), the field conditions will most likely favor the Bears, and the Pack have put up only 27 points on Chicago this year.

So who am I taking? Green Bay.
    When you say field conditions, isn't the weather equally bad in GB? They are a cold weather team also. GB is used to playing in crappy conditions aren't they? I think the weather conditions are a wash and not a real edge for either team.

Fed_42420
    Fed_42420's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 227

Well they may be but the fact is they don't know the outcome of this game as much as you want to think they do, they just don't. Anything could happen, just do some homework and make a good bet. GL!

jmilacek
    jmilacek's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 31

GB all the way.

ZetaPsi808
    July 2011 Poster of the Month
    ZetaPsi808's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1982

i like the bears here as well. good luck

suicidekings
    Update your status
    suicidekings's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Statman View Post

When you say field conditions, isn't the weather equally bad in GB? They are a cold weather team also. GB is used to playing in crappy conditions aren't they? I think the weather conditions are a wash and not a real edge for either team.
    Not the weather. The field itself. Natural grass as opposed to the artificial turf in GB.

t-wizzle

Quote Originally Posted by Statman View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by suicidekings View Post
    Not the weather. The field itself. Natural grass as opposed to the artificial turf in GB.
    I was referring to the field, not the weather. Green Bay doesn't play on artificial turf but Chicago's turf is known for being pretty bad and it affects the game, thus giving the Bears an advantage since they play on it regularly.

dannyd66
    dannyd66's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'm really leaning towards your analysis: Cutler is due to implode. However, I think Lovie will prepare for this and run a lot of short slants and screens with Forte as the focus. If successful, AND Chicago's D plays like they did a few weeks ago, it could come down to the last possession.

I see no blowout, though, either way.

tdog152
    tdog152's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 312

Packers roll in this one

Mr Handicapable
    Mr Handicapable's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 174

Quote Originally Posted by McBa1n View Post
    Uh, you guys do remember it's January at Solider Field, right? What is the secret to winning in January? The Pack's inconsistent/inability to run the football is a big deal. It's January in Chicago, not January in a dome. GB is built for turf, not for the cold.
    I agree to a certain extent....In my opinion...GB will have more trouble beating Chicago on the road then beating Pitt/NYJ on turf at a neutral field! The GB corners and 4 strong WRs will make the difference against Tillman/Jennings (Colts reject)! Cutler doesn't have many options and they'll be covered! Chicago's patchwork line doesn't run the ball much better than GB...in fact I think Starks will probably outrush Forte! If people don't think this GB team is special...how bout this...GB hasn't been behind by more than a TD all year...no team has done that in 41 years!!

killawookie
    killawookie's Avatar Become A Pro!

Random posting horrible picks .. whats new

Mr Handicapable

Quote Originally Posted by suicidekings View Post
    Are you crazy The ghost of Lombardi would be on them like Big Ben on a college girl if they tried to put artificial turf down in Lambeau?

Tuckahoe ships its Kentucky bluegrass in refrigerated trucks to football stadiums in Green Bay and Cleveland

dherd
    dherd's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 70

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
    The Bears are 3/3.5 point home dogs against the No. 6 seed and Vegas is begging you to take the Packers?

More like the other way around.
    rogerl that!

Raleigh77
    Raleigh77's Avatar Become A Pro!

I like the Bears.

EXhoosier10
    EXhoosier10's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4390

Everything points towards the packers.... Gotta go bears

Sunde91
    Sunde91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 255

If GB was a trap, Vegas would have had faith in CHI and made GB -2.5 or lower for the trap of the century on Packers, yet they're offering one of the biggest perceived value plays in the playoffs with Bears +3.5 -110...

And +3.5 has been up for 3 days and hasn't been slammed down yet. Why? We just saw a glimpse of Billy Walters on 60mins. Don't think guys like him would pounce on this? It's not going higher, so what are they waiting for?

Pensinger1
    Pensinger1's Avatar Become A Pro!

Rodgers off his best road performance ever and getting all kinds of love on ESPN...

Fade the pack if you like money.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Quote Originally Posted by Sunde91 View Post
    If GB was a trap, Vegas would have had faith in CHI and made GB -2.5 or lower for the trap of the century on Packers, yet they're offering one of the biggest perceived value plays in the playoffs with Bears +3.5 -110...

And +3.5 has been up for 3 days and hasn't been slammed down yet. Why? We just saw a glimpse of Billy Walters on 60mins. Don't think guys like him would pounce on this? It's not going higher, so what are they waiting for?
    Exactly. Just like the Ravens line last week.

Never take a 3.5-point dog. If sharps hit the Bears hard enough, it'd get back to 3. Same goes for Jets. If it stays at 3.5 (or in Pittsburgh's case, it's now up to 4), I just don't think the Bears and/or Jets are plays. That's not to say they can't cover -- they still have to play the game -- but a closing number of 3.5 or more is telling when the line opened at 3 ("square" as GB and PITT may seem).

SHADYLANKY
    Update your status
    SHADYLANKY's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 196

I will play GB. I didn't get it early so I will wait and see if it goes down to 3 but if I have to lay 3.5 I will. Just a normal play though. I want to enjoy the game and not sweat it like crazy. Maybe get more involved if I see some good live bets.

Snowball
    Snowball's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3780

Quote Originally Posted by t-wizzle View Post
    I was referring to the field, not the weather. Green Bay doesn't play on artificial turf but Chicago's turf is known for being pretty bad and it affects the game, thus giving the Bears an advantage since they play on it regularly.
    Lambeau is a hybrid turf.. part artificial and part natural, reinforced fibers
    in sand. Same thing the Patriots play on. it's been that way since 07.
    Lambeau is also heated better than Soldier, with more tubing underneath,
    although Soldier is also heated, Soldier is 100% non-reinforced
    natural grass that digs up and tears, can grab and slow down.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
    Exactly. Just like the Ravens line last week.

Never take a 3.5-point dog. If sharps hit the Bears hard enough, it'd get back to 3. Same goes for Jets. If it stays at 3.5 (or in Pittsburgh's case, it's now up to 4), I just don't think the Bears and/or Jets are plays. That's not to say they can't cover -- they still have to play the game -- but a closing number of 3.5 or more is telling when the line opened at 3 ("square" as GB and PITT may seem).
    Games like conference championships and Super Bowl are different animals. Sharps don't have nearly as much pull because the public is so much more heavily involved.

Mr Handicapable

Bodog knows whats going on....they didn't offer a ML for either of the Green Bay playoff games? They didn't want to pay out underdog $$! They had ML's for every other game & team!!

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Handicapable View Post
    Bodog knows whats going on....they didn't offer a ML for either of the Green Bay playoff games? They didn't want to pay out underdog $$! They had ML's for every other game & team!!
    They didn't even offer a ML??? Can't be.

chopperocker
    Hang on baby, cuz life's a BITCH!!!
    chopperocker's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 55608

NFC Championship Game Results

Favorite(Opp.) Score SU LINE(Dif.) ATS O/U(Dif.)
    ‘09 @NOR(MN) 31-28 W -4( 3) L O/53.5(5.5)
    ‘08 PHI(@AZ) 25-32 L -3.5(10) L O/47(10)
    ‘07 @GB(NYG) 20-23 L-8(3) LO/41(2)
    ‘06 @CHI(NOR) 39-14 W -2.5(25) W O/43(10)
    ‘05 @SEA(CAR) 34-14 W -3.5(20) WO/43(5)
    ‘04 @PHI(ATL) 27-10 W -5.5(17) W P/37
    ‘03 @PHI(CAR) 3-14 L -4(11) L U/36(19)
    ‘02 @PHI(TB) 10-27 L -4(17) L O/34(3)
    ‘01 @STL(PHI) 29-24 W -10.5(5) L O/49(4)
    ‘00 MN(@NYG) 0-41 L -2.5(41) L U42(1)
    ‘99 @STL(TB) 11-6 W -14.5(5) L U/44(27)
    ‘98 @MN(ATL) 27-30 L -10.5(3) L O/55(2)

*Notes*
    Road Fav is 0-2 SU & ATS
    DD Fav is 2-1 SU & 0-3 ATS
    SD Fav is 4-5 SU & 3-7 ATS

syndicate action moved the line from -3 to -3.5. they will hit the +3.5 side to fast for the books to bring it back to +3 on them. if u like chi-town get in and get in now.

t-wizzle

Quote Originally Posted by Snowball View Post
    Lambeau is a hybrid turf.. part artificial and part natural, reinforced fibers
    in sand. Same thing the Patriots play on. it's been that way since 07.
    Lambeau is also heated better than Soldier, with more tubing underneath,
    although Soldier is also heated, Soldier is 100% non-reinforced
    natural grass that digs up and tears, can grab and slow down.
    No, it's not the same surface the Pats play on. New England plays on FieldTurf which has no grass whatsoever - it's a straight turf designed to look like grass.

Green Bay plays on a surface that although is blended with artificial grass, is basically grass. Same thing the Eagles do.

jhack704
    jhack704's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1443

gb wins

xelance
    xelance's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 455

throw the history out the window in this game, none of it matters. Green Bay IS the better team and will win by 6 or 7. I could careless who fades, who plays... Aaron Rodgers will have a much better game than Jay Cutler and that is what will matter in the end.

Scorpion
    Update your status
    Scorpion's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15377

Bears +4

TrippingBilly
    TrippingBilly's Avatar Become A Pro!

The play is the over in this game fellas, we all know what the packers have been doing. But it's the bears offense that has quietly been coming alive: hitting over 30 pts in 4 of their last 7 games and that includes the Jets (38) and the Vikings (40) excellent defenses. I see both teams getting into the 20's here easily. And of course Cutler will make the mistakes that cost his team the win.

First 123 Last