FindTheLock
    FindTheLock's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 191

I haven't seen anyone say it on here, but..

were the Zebras bailing the steelers out tonight? anyone have any thoughts on this? I mean yeah the 3rd quarter was terrible, but it seemed like when the game was tied the stripes had a flag out for anything that could possibly go against the steelers late in the game. I would like to hear other people's opinions, I am not a fan of either team.

nj1035
    Update your status
    nj1035's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2118

I felt like that too but I thought it was just because I had money on Balt....

FindTheLock

yeah, that was a strange turn of events. A defensive holding on a linemen? the hlding on the punt return was very sketchy. How can you hold a guy when you're in front of him and push him on his back at the same time?

El Stugoto
    Shot Caller
    El Stugoto's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by FindTheLock View Post
    were the Zebras bailing the steelers out tonight? anyone have any thoughts on this? I mean yeah the 3rd quarter was terrible, but it seemed like when the game was tied the stripes had a flag out for anything that could possibly go against the steelers late in the game. I would like to hear other people's opinions, I am not a fan of either team.
    Personally, I think there were a ton of flags both ways. It's an offensive league. Thats why I took the over. Vegas wanted the over to hit because money was coming in on the under, and the NFL wants TD and lots of scoring in playoff games. When the NFL and Vegas both want the same thing it usually works out that way

blue chip
    blue chip's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 150

One of the posters stated before the game that this crew will turn the game into a flag throwing contest because this is what they've done all year. The guy was dead on.

Mikail
    Fader of GOY'S
    Mikail's Avatar Become A Pro!

No question about it. The defensive holding call was uncalled for. That is one of those things that happen on most plays and never gets called. Funny how they made such a call in that situation. Steelers received a little help from the boys in black and white stripes but I'm not really sure they would of needed it. Even if they was held to a FG they still would have made a defensive stop to end the game. IMO

FindTheLock

Quote Originally Posted by Mikail View Post
    No question about it. The defensive holding call was uncalled for. That is one of those things that happen on most plays and never gets called. Funny how they made such a call in that situation. Steelers received a little help from the boys in black and white stripes but I'm not really sure they would of needed it. Even if they was held to a FG they still would have made a defensive stop to end the game. IMO
    Yeah possibly. The thing I want to happen is to let the players decide though. We can all speculate on what could have happened, but those zebras were making sure the steelers players couldn't goof up in my opinion. They had a flag to bail the steelers out on every single play that could have gone against the steelers late in that game.

FindTheLock

bump

Mikail
    Fader of GOY'S

I agree. Let the players play and quit with the outside influences. It's sad how much games are being controlled by money and people in power positions. Unfortunately we live in a society where cash rules. Nothing or no one is immune to money influences. This is just one of many. If you pay close attention you'll notice these things happening quite often in sports.

Dark Horse
    Deus Ex Machina
    Dark Horse's Avatar Become A Pro!

BAL totally self-destructed. Up 21-7, and they never came out of the locker room for the 2H. That's on the coaching staff for not keeping the player's sharp.

Did the refs influence the outcome? Yeah, probably some. But when a team self-destructs like this, that becomes irrelevant. Flacco is just not a very good QB, but nobody in Baltimore wants to say it.

Mikail
    Fader of GOY'S

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Horse View Post
    BAL totally self-destructed. Up 21-7, and they never came out of the locker room for the 2H. That's on the coaching staff for not keeping the player's sharp.

Did the refs influence the outcome? Yeah, probably some. But when a team self-destructs like this, that becomes irrelevant. Flacco is just not a very good QB, but nobody in Baltimore wants to say it.
    2nd half meltdown of epic proportion by the Ravens. I'm also inclined to agree Flacco just hasn't lived up to the hype. Raves offense has been suspect all year. They had the defense to win games but their offense was almost pathetic. I had them to win a low scoring game today and was upset but not that suprised the Steelers won the game.

FindTheLock

I hear ya. I am not taking away from the fact that baltimore beat themselves and handed the game away, but they still had a shot at the end! Those refs really didn't make life easy on them calling that PR back on a BS holding call. that's a 4 point swing and a totally different ending. Just saying.

Mikail
    Fader of GOY'S

Quote Originally Posted by FindTheLock View Post
    I hear ya. I am not taking away from the fact that baltimore beat themselves and handed the game away, but they still had a shot at the end! Those refs really didn't make life easy on them calling that PR back on a BS holding call. that's a 4 point swing and a totally different ending. Just saying.
    Absolutely you are right. The refs made sure it was the Steelers advancing and they exposed themselves on that key drive. I find it amusing how they did that when it wasn't necessary.

Waterstpub87
    Slan go foill
    Waterstpub87's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7298

Its the 2006 superbowl all over again. Holmgreen's " We knew the Steelers would be tough, but I didn't think we'd be playing the guys in the stripped shirts too". Steelers played a great game though. I live near Pittsburgh and I have been out here for school since Fall 2005, two Superbowl wins. I'm getting tired of it, I am going to go to WV if they are in the Superbowl to get away from it.