NYSportsGuy210
    NYSportsGuy210's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 131

Vick vs. Brady in the Superbowl....You Heard It Here First

I just played out all the likely scenarios and Brady vs. Vick is the most likely. Wild card weekend will have two road teams winning (thanks to the two weak western division winners in both conferences) and two home teams winning.

Divisional playoffs I have the Bears losing to the Eagles at Chicago and most likely the Falcons beating New Orleans at home. Should set up a great NFC Championship game between Vick versus his former team in the NFC title game. This game will truly get Vick pumped and if he plays up to his standards and wins; will totally redeem him as a mega star back for good in the NFL.

As for the AFC.....well this Patriot team is as good as any of the Super Bowl winning teams of the 2000's decade. Maybe Pittsburgh or the Jets have a chance to take them out but I seriously doubt it.

Superbowl Match Up: New England Patriots vs. Philadelphia Eagles

(PS - Saints will blow out Seattle in wild card round and Ravens (-3) are the two best plays for the games up coming in the wild card rounds. Enjoy the games this weekend y'all!)

Gilly86
    Gilly86's Avatar Become A Pro!

This isn't exactly an earth-shattering proclamation.

NYSportsGuy210

Yea but I don't see many people giving Philadelphia the credit they deserve. And really unless you pick the Seattle Seahawks to represent the NFC in the Superbowl this year.....I don't think you can make ANY "earth-shattering proclamations".

rainmaker82
    rainmaker82's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 133

I didn't see where he claimed it to be "earth shattering" Just said he thought it was the most likely scenario. Always one of you in the group though.

Gilly86
    Gilly86's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'm not trying to be an asshole it just seems a little pretentious to claim "you heard it here first" as if its an impossible scenario; people are saying the same thing all over this board.

Fleeben
    Fleeben's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 214

Meh, national media has been all over this since november, before they moved on to the bears then the giants and now the falcons. You analyze the whole thing without even mentioning the sport they are playing so....yeah. The eagles defense is probably not good enough to get to the superbowl with their draw. If they swapped places with the saints I would like their chances more, but GB/CHI b2b is just brutal.

They match up well with Atlanta Saints New England and even the Colts and KC.

FeelinJuiced
    FeelinJuiced's Avatar Become A Pro!

I like the prediction... With Vick as their QB I could definitely see the Eagles showing up on Feb 6th. I think the game to see will be the Steelers vs Patriots. NFL should have just excluded the entire west coast from the playoffs this year haha. BOL to everyone!

KACK
    KACK's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3495

National media jumped ship on the Eagles and climbed on the Packers.... Not many people giving the Eagles any chance but I feel the same as you guys... This team will make noise in the playoffs

alka07
    alka07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 70

philly has a good chance to go all the way

D3 Mighty Ducks
    D3 Mighty Ducks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 782

So your saying that Vick comes in the Georgia Dome and beats the Falcons. We'll see about that

NYSportsGuy210

Quote Originally Posted by D3 Mighty Ducks View Post
    So your saying that Vick comes in the Georgia Dome and beats the Falcons. We'll see about that

Yes sir. I think Eagles CB match up well against the Falcons' WR's. Plus that wuld be Vick's ultimate redemption game....he will go off.

jmilacek
    jmilacek's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 31

I love, love, love Vick but I can't see how he holds up against these teams all the way to the Super Bowl. He is tough but gets injured too often due to his playing style. Additionally, even though his stats are great, he clearly has gotten the majority of them against the bad teams. The Eagles have also yet to find a way to stop the effectiveness of a left-side blitz.

trevlyn1983
    trevlyn1983's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2339

The way the NFL is this year anyone could make the SB

Roadtrip635
    Roadtrip635's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 21078

Patriots win AFC -135
    Field wins AFC +115

Falcons win NFC +185
    Field wins NFC -225

Saints win NFC +350
    Field wins NFC -440

Eagles win NFC +475
    Field wins NFC -650

Patriots win SB by 7+ pts +250
    Any other results -350

Posted odds on 5D

Personally I like Steelers vs Falcons with Steelers winning the SB

Steelers Def just too tough and the offense has been improving. Their young receivers are stepping up at the right time. They've been there and won it before, experience and defense will win out.

mlb
    mlb's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12779

i could see it .. not really going out on a limb based on a whole seasons performance ... good luck

Art Vandeleigh
    Art Vandeleigh's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 459

Despite their unbelievable comeback against the Giants, Vick led teams are prone to these off games now and again, if they do it in the playoffs, in fact if they even get down by 2 scores, doubt they'll come back. It's up to Vick's head as much as his legs if they make the Super Bowl.

NYSportsGuy210

I like those odds on Patriots win the SB by 7+ points for +250 though.

I can definitely see that playing out.

Robust
    Losing
    Robust's Avatar Become A Pro!

neither one will be in the super bowl... but that is my prediction!

Robust

The Seer
    The Seer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7617

nope

NYSportsGuy210

Didn't hit.....but now I am really liking Pats-Packers.

Pats-Packers looks to me the best odds. Still not sold on Chicago or Atlanta.

beerman2619
    beerman2619's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 459

Vick