SBR Lou
    SBR Lou's Avatar Become A Pro!

Vick played a good game against a tough as nails defense. There's plenty of blame to go around in a team sport, but Akers missing a 41 and then a 34yd field goal is inexcusable.

4TH AND STUPID
    best NFL capper at SBR
    4TH AND STUPID's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1990

Quote Originally Posted by falconticket View Post
    had vick nailed those two field goals rodgers would have answered with tds. Period. No sarcasm here

oh sweet thanks..

i was unaware that aaron rodgers purposely slowed down the offense to try to keep the game tight every time akers missed a field goal.

now that you have enlightened me that changes everything. fuk so the eagles had no chance afterall.. i guess there was no point in even playing the game..

/sarcasm.

THEGREAT30
    A man in need is a man exposed
    THEGREAT30's Avatar Become A Pro!

People like Fishhead and JJ just post because they are tools. You can catch Fishhead on other sites doing the same foolish stuff. You guys will be better off when you realize they are only here to bring attention to themselves and nothing they post has any type of true meaning or thought behind it, tools

THEGREAT30
    A man in need is a man exposed
    THEGREAT30's Avatar Become A Pro!

I want to see Vick with the 49ers the Eagles defense is garbage. Aaron Rodgers didn't play any better than Vick. Rodgers turned the ball over and gave the Eagles there 1st TD, that was his one bad play. Vick made 1 bad play which was the last play.

Fishhead
    Fishhead's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11769

Vick is the reincarnation of McNabb..............my heart goes out to EAGLES fans worldwide.

The Packers won todays game weeks and weeks ago, when they knocked KOLB out of his well deserved #1 starting spot on opening day.

C-Gold
    C-Gold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 843

Quote Originally Posted by Full Time Hobo View Post
    They need a New OL.... they would be better off if vick wasnt always scrambling for his life
    This is the myth always attached to running QB's. People always say that they are running around "since" their line sucks. But they all hold onto the ball too long trying to make plays. Then they take hits, and get hurt.

How many Running QB's are still in the playoffs?
    Vick ? Nope ( but Rodgers beat him and Matt Ryan's atlanta is the #1 seed)
    Mcnab? Bench
    Vince Young? Cut
    David Garrard? Yeah right

Running QB's are all over hyped

Fishhead

Quote Originally Posted by C-Gold View Post
    This is the myth always attached to running QB's. People always say that they are running around "since" their line sucks. But they all hold onto the ball too long trying to make plays. Then they take hits, and get hurt.

Mcnab? Bench
    Vince Young? Cut

stealthyburrito
    Alien Robot Sex Party
    stealthyburrito's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11989

vick is still very capable and i'm sure plenty of teams will be willing to pay for his services.

Winnipeg Jets
    Winnipeg Jets's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1459

vick sucks dinky balls

Fishhead

Quote Originally Posted by stealthyburrito View Post
    vick is still very capable and i'm sure plenty of teams will be willing to pay for his services.
    He is a very decent QB...........not a QB you want running the show though if you have any intentions of winning a Superbowl.

Just the way it is............

I like Vick, and love the way he has bounced bacy from adversity.

C-Gold
    C-Gold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 843

Quote Originally Posted by stealthyburrito View Post

It's stupid to give the dog killer a big deal... Next year he will be a 31 year old running quarterback. Do you think Atlanta gives a shit they let him go? They drafted Matt Ryan and now have the #1 seed. The Packers beat the Eagles with Aaron Rodgers.

Vick was the only running QB in the playoffs and he was one and done. Look at how many 3rd downs Aaron Rodgers converted and look at how many Vick converted... GB was on the road too.

The window for Vick will close much quicker than others. He's also the most injury prone QB in the NFL, and there's a signifigant chance he signs the big contract and then stops giving a shit.

rm18
    Update your status
    rm18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 207814

Mcnab? Bench
    Vince Young? Cut

Isn't Aaron Rodgers the 2nd leading rushng QB?

djm134
    djm134's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 85

Vick had a pretty remarkable season despite this loss.

Fishhead

It's stupid to give the dog killer a big deal... Next year he will be a 31 year old running quarterback. Do you think Atlanta gives a shit they let him go? They drafted Matt Ryan and now have the #1 seed. The Packers beat the Eagles with Aaron Rodgers.

Vick was the only running QB in the playoffs and he was one and done. Look at how many 3rd downs Aaron Rodgers converted and look at how many Vick converted... GB was on the road too.

The window for Vick will close much quicker than others. He's also the most injury prone QB in the NFL, and there's a signifigant chance he signs the big contract and then stops giving a shit.

This C-COLD is one sharp cookie.........most with any commonsense should see the samething.

IF ANY FANS SHOULD REALIZE THIS, IT'S EAGLES FANS...............they have been down this road the entire decade.

yisman
    yisman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246162

Quote Originally Posted by Fishhead View Post
    This C-COLD is one sharp cookie.........most with any commonsense should see the samething.
    Who the heck is C-COLD?

telespectatorul
    nbaadvice
    telespectatorul's Avatar Become A Pro!

kolb >= vick? wtf are we talking about? i thought that here on sbr are good cappers, guys that know something about the nfl..not guys who are like "oh my god, vick was in prison for the dog thing"...f the dog thing...no one cares about it really...he is one of the top QB's in this league, and to say that kolb is almost as good as vick OR EVEN BETTER it's just stupid. yeah, he was picked on the last drive...what about manning yesterday? one of the best QB in the WHOLE history? how many bright passes did he make? huh? let's be real..not stupid

Redchevy
    Redchevy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5697

Couldn't have said it better!!!!!

Fishhead

Excellent thread........thanks for all the quick replys and opinions.

Redchevy

Quote Originally Posted by telespectatorul View Post
    kolb >= vick? wtf are we talking about? i thought that here on sbr are good cappers, guys that know something about the nfl..not guys who are like "oh my god, vick was in prison for the dog thing"...f the dog thing...no one cares about it really...he is one of the top QB's in this league, and to say that kolb is almost as good as vick OR EVEN BETTER it's just stupid. yeah, he was picked on the last drive...what about manning yesterday? one of the best QB in the WHOLE history? how many bright passes did he make? huh? let's be real..not stupid
    Vick doesn't belong in the discussion of good QBs, it's plain and simple. He's nothing more than a flash in the pan.

telespectatorul
    nbaadvice

Quote Originally Posted by Redchevy View Post
    One of the best QBs' in the whole history? WTF were you watching today????????????
    i was talking about manning..

cobracommander
    cobracommander's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 36

Vick's arrest was the best thing that ever happened to Atlanta.

Redchevy

Quote Originally Posted by telespectatorul View Post
    i was talking about manning..
    Sorry, I misread your dribble. Sometimes it's hard to read a lot of thrown together thoughts. My mistake and sincere apology. PS, your guy Vick, isn't one of the top QBs in the league. He's maybe middle of the pack and that's because everybody else sucks.
    Last edited by Redchevy; 01-09-11 at 08:22 PM.

BoS_010
    It's a marathon, not a sprint
    BoS_010's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 158

Eagles going into the season had expectations of going 8-8, some people had 9-7 and others had 7-9; basically be a mediocre team and not contend as it was going to be a rebuilding year. Then Kolb went down and that turned into being somewhat of a blessing in disguise for the Birds. Yes the O-line is pretty bad and that was a known fact going into the year. They are still a young team, and a playmaker on the defensive side of the ball is needed, preferably a LB. After seeing exactly what kind of talent the Birds had, if Kevin Kolb was QB for the season they would have been lucky to win 7 games. Is he a starter down the road? Probably, but Vick was a huge part in turning a team that had low/no expectations coming into the season into a division champ and a #3 seed in the playoffs.
    Hats off to GB though. They were the better team tonight and lack of talent caught up to Philly. Can't really bash the Birds for what they accomplished this year IMO. I said it before I think there are a lot of high quality teams in the NFC (and AFC for that matter). Anyone can win it.

Fishhead

Quote Originally Posted by BoS_010 View Post
    Eagles going into the season had expectations of going 8-8, some people had 9-7 and others had 7-9; basically be a mediocre team and not contend as it was going to be a rebuilding year. Then Kolb went down and that turned into being somewhat of a blessing in disguise for the Birds. Yes the O-line is pretty bad and that was a known fact going into the year. They are still a young team, and a playmaker on the defensive side of the ball is needed, preferably a LB. After seeing exactly what kind of talent the Birds had, if Kevin Kolb was QB for the season they would have been lucky to win 7 games. Is he a starter down the road? Probably, but Vick was a huge part in turning a team that had low/no expectations coming into the season into a division champ and a #3 seed in the playoffs.
    Hats off to GB though. They were the better team tonight and lack of talent caught up to Philly. Can't really bash the Birds for what they accomplished this year IMO. I said it before I think there are a lot of high quality teams in the NFC (and AFC for that matter). Anyone can win it.

telespectatorul
    nbaadvice

Sorry, I misread your dribble. Sometimes it's hard to read a lot of thrown together thoughts. My mistake and sincere apology. PS, your guy Vick, isn't one of the top QBs in the league. He's maybe middle of the pack and that's because everybody else sucks.
    he is not my guy and actually i am a packers fan...but i like vick..he is entertaining...

SHADYLANKY
    Update your status
    SHADYLANKY's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 196

If the Eagles really want to keep Vick and have him be the starter they should just franchise tag him and see what happens next year. I don't know if they could give him a huge deal and keep Kolb as insurance or even if they franchise him if they can keep both. They don't really know either without a CBA. But I think it would be a mistake to give him $100M+ contract if $35-$40M+ of it is guaranteed.

Redchevy

Great reply from someone who seems to have a pulse on the Birds. So, what are your thoughts on Vick? Will Reid break the vault open?

jcalentino19
    jcalentino19's Avatar Become A Pro!

Vick blows and is not reliable as a starting QB. He has a few highlight games, some spectacular runs/plays and half the idiots that think they watch the NFL, want to give him the MVP award. If that's the best he could do starting at home in the playoffs, I'd kick him to the curb. I'm sure his new contract value just droppped off the cliff after todays loss. If the Eagles sign him for an outrageous contract, they're doomed!!!!!!!!!!
    Clearly the only game that you've ever watched of the eagles was tonight, and you weren't even watching the problem they have. their defense was terrible tonight, i dont care how good rodgers is. james starks has no business putting up 100+ on any decent defense. green bay has a great defense and any QB that can put up yards on them is obviously doing something right. throw in the dropped passes and vick is starting to look like he did a great job despite the setbacks. look at cassel today, ONLY 70 yards and 3 picks against a great D just like vick faced. there's a QB to blame for a loss.

Redchevy

I've watched every single Eagles game, the good, the bad and the ugly. Cassel has nothing to do with this discussion. It's about winning playoff games in your own stadium. You are either a winner/money when all is on the line or you are a loser, period..... You either have that "IT" or you don't and I don't see Vick having "It". He's just going to fleece Philly and Reid!!!!!!!!!!

BoS_010

Great reply from someone who seems to have a pulse on the Birds. So, what are your thoughts on Vick? Will Reid break the vault open?
    I don't think you can unload on a guy who is not durable for a 16-game schedule (or 18 for that matter) along with playoffs if you're forntunate to make it. He was definitely great to watch this year and gave them an opportunity to win just about every week (when healthy) but, along with McNabb who I'm glad they shipped, I don't see him winning the big game. I would like to see another year of him but that won't happen. Also, I wouldn't resign DeSean Jackson if/when he asks for all the money. Yes he's a dynamic playtmaker and opens lanes up for the likes of Maclin and Avant and the underneath routes but he's too one-dimensional and injury prone. I swear he limps off the field 3,4,5 times a game and misses a few snaps. Downside to that is if Jackson is gone who replaces his speed and special-play ability? You might be forced to run the ball a little more which will never happen...
    which I'm still waiting for Andy to realize that you need a running game to win certain games, especially come playoff time when you're playing the elite teams in your conference and they are shutting down your passing game that you go to 60% of the time. McCoy can be a dangerous RB if given opportunities. Treating it like a video game and passing every play can and will work vs certains teams (ones who usually don't make the playoffs), but more times than not vs the top echelon of teams (you know, the ones that make the playoffs) you will lose. Vick or no Vick I really do hope Philly starts becoming a little more balanced, that's not to say you can pass more if you got the weapons. Just saying a little more balanced.

Redchevy

I don't think you can unload on a guy who is not durable for a 16-game schedule (or 18 for that matter) along with playoffs if you're forntunate to make it. He was definitely great to watch this year and gave them an opportunity to win just about every week (when healthy) but, along with McNabb who I'm glad they shipped, I don't see him winning the big game. I would like to see another year of him but that won't happen. Also, I wouldn't resign DeSean Jackson if/when he asks for all the money. Yes he's a dynamic playtmaker and opens lanes up for the likes of Maclin and Avant and the underneath routes but he's too one-dimensional and injury prone. I swear he limps off the field 3,4,5 times a game and misses a few snaps. Downside to that is if Jackson is gone who replaces his speed and special-play ability? You might be forced to run the ball a little more which will never happen...
    which I'm still waiting for Andy to realize that you need a running game to win certain games, especially come playoff time when you're playing the elite teams in your conference and they are shutting down your passing game that you go to 60% of the time. McCoy can be a dangerous RB if given opportunities. Treating it like a video game and passing every play can and will work vs certains teams (ones who usually don't make the playoffs), but more times than not vs the top echelon of teams (you know, the ones that make the playoffs) you will lose. Vick or no Vick I really do hope Philly starts becoming a little more balanced, that's not to say you can pass more if you got the weapons. Just saying a little more balanced.
    Thank you for the reply, I actually appreciate a good perspective on any Team from someone with an actual IQ. Sometimes that's hard to find here. I know what it's like to be a true fan, sorry for your loss today.

BoS_010

Thank you for the reply, I actually appreciate a good perspective on any Team from someone with an actual IQ. Sometimes that's hard to find here. I know what it's like to be a true fan, sorry for your loss today.
    I was not a fan of them with Donovan at QB and not a huge fan of Andy. Donovan is gone and I think Andy needs to go as well, unless he magically is able to game-plan better and make in-game adjustments which I think is a huge downfall for Andy. I think the Eagles should have shipped him out a few years ago, just IMO. I do root for the Eagles, but the 49ers are my team (unfortunately haha).

KKoz9
    KKoz9's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 114

Quote Originally Posted by Grux View Post
    Vick is overrated. He has won one playoff game. GL if you pay him 100 Mill.

Exactly, if you examine it closely, he had 4 or 5 good games out of 12 and everyone started crowning him. The rest were the same old inconsistent bullshit we saw before he went to prison.

Buyer beware. He is who we thought he was.

beerman2619
    beerman2619's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 459

Kids facts are Vick sucked balls at the end of the season like he has thru out his career. Look at the turnovers down the stretch. Good god he should of had 5 turnovers against the Vikings. The guy always starts out strong and then fades down the stretch. The hits dog killer takes during the season begin to take its toll on him. He is far from a great qb as shown today. The guy won't stay in the pocket he never has. Then he takes all these hits and like today and in every game down the stretch he can barely walk. You put pressure on the guy and he doesn't perform. You saw it down the stretch against teams with good defense. Vick is what he always will be overrated by many of you.

beerman2619
    beerman2619's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 459

Randell Cunningham was a much better qb then Vick.

First 1234 Last