brahmabull117
    brahmabull117's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

Do Any Teams in the AFC have a chance to beat the Patriots??

I just don't see it

Brady owns the Steelers and Ravens. Chiefs have been way too inconsistent to win the AFC. Colts have a mediocre defense and some of the worst special teams in the entire league. Jets??? LOL that's a funny joke

I can see one of the NFC teams beating the Pats (Eagles, Saints) but who the hell even has a chance to beat the Pats in the AFC??

alwcb
    alwcb's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 945

So I guess the Pats lost the Jets 14-28 they did it as a joke. Ohh I get it now...hilarious. Chiefs or the Jets can both beat the Pats.

brahmabull117

that game was ages ago man. This current version of the patriots is just deadly in all 3 areas

that defense has given up an average of about 10 points per game their last 4 games and they continue to just pile on the points

alwcb
    alwcb's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 945

True. Just saying the pats are good. Real good. But they arent unstoppable. I will have no problem betting against them in the playoffs if it feels right. Especally with the dog moneyline at what it will be.

brahmabull117

Quote Originally Posted by alwcb View Post
    True. Just saying the pats are good. Real good. But they arent unstoppable. I will have no problem betting against them in the playoffs if it feels right. Especally with the dog moneyline at what it will be.
    who are you really gonna bet against the patriots considering the games will be in New England??

Brady owns the Steelers and Ravens and are you really gonna trust a depleted Colts team to win in Foxsboro?

Cinquefoil
    Cinquefoil's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 59

You're right, Brady owned the Ravens last year in the playoffs in Foxborough...

rsnnh12
    rsnnh12's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 205

As a Pats fan, the team that I'm most afraid of is Baltimore. I know they've only beaten the Pats once since Bradys been there, but the games are almost always close. It just seems like the Pats don't know how to play the Ravens. Always frustrating to watch them play each other

I don't think the Ravens will be able to knock the Pats off at the Razor 2 years in a row though. I don't see any team beating the Pats this year

4TH AND STUPID
    best NFL capper at SBR
    4TH AND STUPID's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1990

call me crazy but i actually think that the kansas city chiefs might have the best shot at beating new england..

jamal charles can run and matt cassell may know a thing or two about the patriots offense , having once conducted it. add it a side order of kansas defense and it might just shock the world how close this game may be.

rsnnh12
    rsnnh12's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 205

Quote Originally Posted by 4TH AND STUPID View Post
    call me crazy but i actually think that the kansas city chiefs might have the best shot at beating new england..

jamal charles can run and matt cassell may know a thing or two about the patriots offense , having once conducted it. add it a side order of kansas defense and it might just shock the world how close this game may be.
    Belichick also knows Cassel's weaknesses though... BBs knowledge is more helpful than Cassels, because Cassel isn't on the field to read the Pats offensive sets, where BB can exploit Cassel with his defensive scheme

Jamaal Charles is a force though. Pats D will have trouble with him

rviqueira
    rviqueira's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by alwcb View Post

I probably wouldn't play a dog ML against the Pats, but may play a dog ATS. but even then, I got smashed. Bills ATS loser, Pats have been a covering machine when laying single digits.

riggs
    riggs's Avatar Become A Pro!

The Ravens and Colts both have a legit shot at beating the Pats. Both offenses are capable of shredding that New England defense. I don't like the Chiefs, Jets, or Steelers chances though. Too many problems in their secondary and not enough fire power on offense.

jram68
    tell obama to keep his change
    jram68's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 886

Quote Originally Posted by brahmabull117 View Post
    I just don't see it

Brady owns the Steelers and Ravens. Chiefs have been way too inconsistent to win the AFC. Colts have a mediocre defense and some of the worst special teams in the entire league. Jets??? LOL that's a funny joke

I can see one of the NFC teams beating the Pats (Eagles, Saints) but who the hell even has a chance to beat the Pats in the AFC??
    ok homer, take a step back and actually look at the other teams. Baltimore is just heating up and could blow through the playoffs. If Indy gets healthy enough by playoff time then they will also contend against new england

borednaz
    Swing Piggy Swing!
    borednaz's Avatar Become A Pro!

I actually liked the ravens, till this year. But all the key loses coupled with bad play they brought back old feelings of being a redskins fan. But let's face it Flacco sucks hard and he loves to disappoint. He's J Cutler Light. That being said the ravens will choke like always in the play offs. They might beat the steelers for the 3rd time this season to get to the pats, however that is where it will end. Flacco is no Brady.

Dark Horse
    Deus Ex Machina
    Dark Horse's Avatar Become A Pro!

The Patriots are good because they're masters of preparation. When they didn't know what to expect from the Packers rookie QB in week 15 they could and probably should have lost the game. Defense is their weak spot, and the reason that they won't win another Superbowl.

Steelers, Jets, Ravens can beat them.

BRAVES1985
    BRAVES1985's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1975

ravens will take them out

Sildenafil
    Sildenafil's Avatar Become A Pro!

They are -135 to win the AFC (The Greek) and -110 at most other books that i've seen. Does anyone think this is remotely a good bet?

Dave ATS
    Dave ATS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 498

If i'm the Pats...Balt, Indy and Pitt can all beat them. I know the Pats seem to own Pitt but give Lebeau another chance to scheme them, it is possible.

Kindred
    Bitcoin=Freedom
    Kindred's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 473

any given Sunady..any of those teams can beat the pats in chowder head land

Kindred
    Bitcoin=Freedom
    Kindred's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 473

Quote Originally Posted by Sildenafil View Post
    They are -135 to win the AFC (The Greek) and -110 at most other books that i've seen. Does anyone think this is remotely a good bet?
    Even if you are blind and convinced the Pats roll into the super bowl uncontested, those are bad bets. You would almost surely make more betting on the Pats ML each game, take the winnings and original bet and bet it all on the next game ML. The futures bet is essentially a parlay with worse odds. Just take whatever you plan to bet on the futures bet and make money line bets until they win the AFC or you lose the bet.

Shafted69
    Green Shoots 2021
    Shafted69's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1693

Baltimore Ravens have what it takes to beat the Pats. They did it last year and they'll do it again this year.

-