frostno98
    frostno98's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 648

Strictly Denver Broncos Football Play Thread /2010

Will put my entire focus and time on only one team in the NFL 2010, the Denver Broncos. So prepare to play or fade away fellas

Name:  a_davis.jpg
Views: 498
Size:  14.1 KB

spal2811
    spal2811's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

fade the first game...jags -2.5 for me

frostno98

September 12, 2010

Broncos at Jaguars

I'm convinced Denver will not win more than 1 road game this season. This team has too many uncertainty going into Jacksonville. They don't have any seasoned running, and a new Defense coordinator that's has never coached in the Pro level. Maurice Jones Drew should have a good day on Sunday.

Point Spread play=Jaguars -2

Total play=Under 39.5

Both teams offense's don't impress me and are dysfunctional because neither has quick striking abilities. Should go under.

CaptainPrice
    CaptainPrice's Avatar Become A Pro!

dam i just wrote a whole response and now its gona damm.
    bassically denver is good.

jgiun1
    jgiun1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 54

I'm playing over...love, love, love it

filter15
    filter15's Avatar Become A Pro!

Over im not so sure of, i think this might be a ground war.. which might mean slow clock wasting drives that end in fgs. however Orton might lit them up and jonedrew could as well so idk
    GL

frostno98

Quote Originally Posted by filter15 View Post
    Orton might lit them up
    Orton might lit them upKyle Orton noodley arm isn't capable of lighting any NFL or College team up. What he will do though, is methodically dink and dunk his way to 300 yards worth of passing yardage. And that's a long shot, playing Florida's humid weather.

stefan084
    stefan084's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 601

the broncos are my team. i don't think they'll be very good this year but i wouldn't underestimate orton. also they tend to win the ones they're not supposed to and lose the ones they should win, tuff to cap them sometimes. they will produce on offense this year but their defense will be horrible especially away from home

Bogart45
    Bogart45's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4509

This is a tough call for me. Orton is the better the QB for sure, but Jac playing at home I believe is the better team here.

TiTlist
    TiTlist's Avatar Become A Pro!

take den

Banks84
    Banks84's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 72

Jacksonville is 0-10 ATS as a home favorite the last 2 seasons...This game is a toss up but i would side with Denver if i had to.

frostno98

Quote Originally Posted by frostno98 View Post
    Broncos at Jaguars

I'm convinced Denver will not win more than 1 road game this season. This team has too many uncertainty going into Jacksonville. They don't have any seasoned running, and a new Defense coordinator that's has never coached in the Pro level. Maurice Jones Drew should have a good day on Sunday.

Point Spread play=Jaguars -2 Winner

Total play=Under 39.5 Loser

Both teams offense's don't impress me and are dysfunctional because neither has quick striking abilities. Should go under.

Game Over 1-1

frostno98

September 19, 2010

Broncos vs the Seattle Seabags

I like da Bronx at home here. They have shown enough last week offensively that I believe they're capable of covering the -3.5 pointspread against the Seabags. If they Broncos are going to win anytime soon, it's going to be this game because they will not beat the next three teams. Indy, Jets, and Baltimore are all certainly to be losses.

Broncos -3.5

The Broncos defense looks really defenseless in Jacksonville last week. Without Mike Nolan's defensive coordination from last year, this team does not know how to make in game real time defensive adjustments. Since 40 points is very reasonable, I like the over here.

Over 40.5 points

Current record 1-0 Point spread
    0-1 Total
    Last edited by frostno98; 09-15-10 at 11:51 PM.

frostno98

Broncos vs the Seattle Seabags

I like da Bronx at home here. They have shown enough last week offensively that I believe they're capable of covering the -3.5 pointspread against the Seabags. If they Broncos are going to win anytime soon, it's going to be this game because they will not beat the next three teams. Indy, Jets, and Baltimore are all certainly to be losses.

Broncos -3.5 Winner

The Broncos defense looks really defenseless in Jacksonville last week. Without Mike Nolan's defensive coordination from last year, this team does not know how to make in game real time defensive adjustments. Since 40 points is very reasonable, I like the over here.

Over 40.5 points Winner

Current record 1-0 Point spread
    0-1 Total
    Game Over 2-0

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11210

Nice job Frost...

frostno98

September 26, 2010

Broncos vs Colts

Easy play here. Gets the Colts with low line while you still can. Manning owns the Broncos, and so does Reggie Wayne against Champ. Both of Denver's starting corners Champ and Goodman, will not be 100% going into Sunday. I expect Manning to lead the Colts to a +14 point win.

Their dominating win verses Seattle is very deceiving. Although the Seabags only managed 14 points, they were able to get into the 5 yard line twice two different times, but were picked off. The Seabags despite not having any playmakers on offense, was able to move the ball efficiently. Manning is going to have feast on the Denver D.

Colt -6

As I mention above, Manning should be able to lead his to team at least 34 points since the Denver secondary should be more venerable with their secondary not being 100%. The Broncos should also be able to add 17-21 points of their own, since Kyle Orton passing game has been very efficient thus far. He already passed for almost over 300 yards back to back, and is starting to look like that 2008 Matt Cassel in New England. The Broncos doesn't have a running game, so it's unlikely they're going to be able to control time of possession in this game. Expect a ton of passing in this game.

Over 48

Current record 2-0 Point spread
    1-1 Over/Under

P.S.-Doing a 6.5 point teaser for the Colts and the over, is a virtually lock in my book!

frostno98

Broncos vs Colts

Easy play here. Gets the Colts with low line while you still can. Manning owns the Broncos, and so does Reggie Wayne against Champ. Both of Denver's starting corners Champ and Goodman, will not be 100% going into Sunday. I expect Manning to lead the Colts to a +14 point win.

Their dominating win verses Seattle is very deceiving. Although the Seabags only managed 14 points, they were able to get into the 5 yard line twice two different times, but were picked off. The Seabags despite not having any playmakers on offense, was able to move the ball efficiently. Manning is going to have feast on the Denver D.

Colt -6 Winner

As I mention above, Manning should be able to lead his to team at least 34 points since the Denver secondary should be more venerable with their secondary not being 100%. The Broncos should also be able to add 17-21 points of their own, since Kyle Orton passing game has been very efficient thus far. He already passed for almost over 300 yards back to back, and is starting to look like that 2008 Matt Cassel in New England. The Broncos doesn't have a running game, so it's unlikely they're going to be able to control time of possession in this game. Expect a ton of passing in this game.

Over 48 Loser
    Note: Game could of easily went over. Denver got zero points with 6 redzone opportunities, twice on the 1 yard line.
    Game Over 1-1 Today

Y.T.D Record 3-0 Point spread
    1-2 Over/Under

Mac4Lyfe

Frost - Nice job. You seem to be spot on versus the spread...

frostno98

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    Frost - Nice job. You seem to be spot on versus the spread...
    When I'm capping the total points, it's basically my best guess 50/50. Going with what I think these team are going to do, based what I've seen recently.

The total is harder for me to cap because it's very situational. Like this game for example. Denver got only 6 points total, after being inside the redzone 8 total times today. While the Colts kicked two field goals twice, after being around the 10 yard line twice.

sharper2
    sharper2's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6817

Good call on taking the Colts -6. Thought the bronco's would play inspired after a teammate passed away, and they did play well for a while, but mental lapses fukked them.

MB
    MB's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'm a Broncos fan and think that if you know this team, they're easier to cap than others. We are very average. Nothing jumps out at you. They are who I thought they were so far. Good start for you

frostno98

Sunday October 3, 2010

Broncos at Titans

I like the Broncos in this spot. I'm not convinced that Tennessee is a team with an elite defense capable of shutting down the Broncos passing attack. Eli Manning with a less talented core of receivers in my opinion, went off for 386 passing yards. And I am absolutely certain Orton will do the same, thus giving them more opportunities to score.

Although the Colts won by 14, that game was a lot closer than it seemed. They had eight redzone chances against the Colts and only got 13 points to show for it. I expect McDaniels to be smart enough to address those issues going into the Titans game. I expect the Broncos Offensive to be good enough to keep the game within a winnable score going into the 4th quarter.
    Broncos +6.5

Both Tennessee and Denver should have numerous opportunities to put up points in this game. The Broncos doesn't have world greatest linemans, so expect Chris Johnson to run wild all around the field. The Broncos can't run, but they can pass the ball like hell. The Broncos are running basically a run and shoot offense right now, that kills little time off the clock. Combined that with a liberal 41.5 over/under spread, I like both teams chances of cracking the 20 point barrier on Sunday.
    Over 41.5

Y.T.D Record 3-0 Point spread
    1-2 Over/Under

rsnnh12
    rsnnh12's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 205

Good thread so far, keep it up

I was thinking about adding this game into a teaser I'm working on... what do you like better? Broncos +17 or Over 31.5?

hitman2010
    hitman2010's Avatar Become A Pro!

yes, the teaser would be a winning tryly.

dngf
    Update your status
    dngf's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 85356

Good subject, it is interesting watching Denver games I think the hardest part for you will be to factor in the coaching of Josh, like the 0 for several on red zone opportunities against the Colts that resulted in the under last week.

HauntingTheHoly
    HauntingTheHoly's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 483

NIce thread. I'd like to see more of these for other teams provided the writer has half a brain, as you seem to.

4TH AND STUPID
    best NFL capper at SBR
    4TH AND STUPID's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1990

Quote Originally Posted by HauntingTheHoly View Post
    NIce thread. I'd like to see more of these for other teams provided the writer has half a brain, as you seem to.

i have a pretty legitimate and successful record capping my titans. thus i'd like to address a couple of points mentioned in the analysis by the OP.

1) the titans control a lot of clock with their offense, and so if the opposing team does not have a legitimate ground attack, they more than often get burned as their defense wears out. broncos cant run and they will pay for it.

2) the only reason eli manning threw for so many yards was because tennessee was playing safe in the end and thats when manning threw for 150 easy yards on zones and prevents. the real defense of tennessee is the reason manning was behind in the first place. 2 picks, 4 sacks, various pressures and big hits completely dismantled giants offense. tennessee's pass rush can cause havoc for teams without a mobile qb = orton tough day

3) tennessee is healthy on offense and defense. with all their players healty, they are the most underrated team in the league and no doubt a super bowl contendor. the NFL doesn't quite realise this yet, and hence the titans have beaten the spread 2 out of 3 times.

to be honest, denver is going to get torched by chris johnson on sunday. he has had many potential home runs called back by b.s calls or has been tripped up by the last man. against pittsburgh he had an 85 yard touchdown run called back on a stupid holding call. you can not hold him back forever , he is due.

titans roll in this one, ripping apart denver's defense via chris johnson and vince young. ball control will then force denver to do stupid things and force turnovers.

frostno98

Broncos at Titans

I like the Broncos in this spot. I'm not convinced that Tennessee is a team with an elite defense capable of shutting down the Broncos passing attack. Eli Manning with a less talented core of receivers in my opinion, went off for 386 passing yards. And I am absolutely certain Orton will do the same, thus giving them more opportunities to score.

Although the Colts won by 14, that game was a lot closer than it seemed. They had eight redzone chances against the Colts and only got 13 points to show for it. I expect McDaniels to be smart enough to address those issues going into the Titans game. I expect the Broncos Offensive to be good enough to keep the game within a winnable score going into the 4th quarter.
    Broncos +6.5 Winner

Both Tennessee and Denver should have numerous opportunities to put up points in this game. The Broncos doesn't have world greatest linemans, so expect Chris Johnson to run wild all around the field. The Broncos can't run, but they can pass the ball like hell. The Broncos are running basically a run and shoot offense right now, that kills little time off the clock. Combined that with a liberal 41.5 over/under spread, I like both teams chances of cracking the 20 point barrier on Sunday.
    Over 41.5 Winner

Y.T.D Record 4-0 Point spread
    2-2 Over/Under

Game Over 2-0 Today

Limey
    3-3 so far this season
    Limey's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 161

Good work Frost. I've backed the Broncos in their Seattle game and today with points and on the money line. They're an interesting team, and having an under-rated QB makes them often under-rated on the spread, I think. However, Orton HAS to get better in the red zone.

They did a great job today, anyway, particularly on Johnson. Less than three yards per carry, longest run 8 yards, and a fumble.
    Last edited by Limey; 10-03-10 at 05:33 PM. Reason: typo

hitman2010
    hitman2010's Avatar Become A Pro!

nice call

MB
    MB's Avatar Become A Pro!

Killing it, especially on the spread....And we WON!!! Hell mutha***kin' yea!

Mac4Lyfe

Frost brings it again... Nice job

docvinny
    docvinny's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1895

way to go Orton, great game by Denver

dodger33
    Kershnasty
    dodger33's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 244

keep up the good work!

frostno98

Sunday October 10, 2010

Broncos at Ravens
    I like the Ravens at home in this spot. Although the Ravens D and the Titans D are similar, the Ravens is a team full of leaders that inspires this team to shut people down. Ray Lewis and Terrell Suggs will not allow Kyle Orton to do what he did in Tennessee. The Broncos inexperience o-line was exposed last week in Tennessee giving up six sack, and making all kind of dumb penalties. I'm expect the Ravens D to exploit this, and completely throw Orton's timing off this Sunday. The Broncos can't run if their lives depended on it, but they can pass. Despite that, I think the Ravens has the personell in their nickel package that matches well against Denver's spread offense. So Denver's strength in offense should be contained.

The Broncos defense will be having problems of their own to deal with too, because Ravens can beat you both through the Air and Ground. Tennessee let Denver off the hook in last week game by not pounding the ball enough, and relying on Vince Young. The difference is, Flacco is a much better passer and has the unique corp of experience wide receivers(TJ, Boldin, Mason) that can take advantage of Denver starting rookie corner Perrish Cox, that hasn't been all that impressive his last two starts.

Plus, I don't believe the Broncos can play well back to back against two pretty good teams on the road.
    Ravens -7

This is one of those games where I don't see the Broncos getting more than 13. They are still having redzone issues, and playing that Raven's D on the road is probably the worst place to address that problem. This might be one of those game where the Broncos only score with field goals. Without the Broncos being able to score, I don't see this game going over. Especially when both teams don't really turn the ball over much, and the Ravens are great at clock management.
    Under 38.5

Y.T.D Record 4-0 Point spread
    2-2 Over/Under

123 Last