lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7738

Panthers ML +150

Have looked into this play quite a bit. No reason the line should be moving down against Cincy. The panthers have gotten of to a 0-2 start and there season is on the line here at home in this tough matchup. I took the panthers in week 1 and tbh they looked good for the first half only to fold the tent in half 2. In week 2 they didnt take TB seriously and payed the price. This week they will come in focused and get the job done. I could take the points but i dont need them. The smart money is on Carolina and im there as well. Panthers win this game and i dont think it will be that close.

ezeblazin
    ezeblazin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 759

The Bengals are a better team than the Giants or Bucs.... and Clausen gets his first start against one of the NFL's best defenses... good luck, i'm going big on the Bengals this week.

NY Playa
    NY Playa's Avatar Become A Pro!

Cinny 28-10.....Owens, Ocho, Benson and one intercepted TD.

HauntingTheHoly
    HauntingTheHoly's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 483

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    Have looked into this play quite a bit. No reason the line should be moving down against Cincy. The panthers have gotten of to a 0-2 start and there season is on the line here at home in this tough matchup. I took the panthers in week 1 and tbh they looked good for the first half only to fold the tent in half 2. In week 2 they didnt take TB seriously and payed the price. This week they will come in focused and get the job done. I could take the points but i dont need them. The smart money is on Carolina and im there as well. Panthers win this game and i dont think it will be that close.

jasont
    jasont's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 97

This is actually the right play...not sure why you're laughing.

Daveyboy
    Daveyboy's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'm jumping on the Cinci bandwagon...

Dark Horse
    Deus Ex Machina
    Dark Horse's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'd take the dog, but I can't touch Clausen in his first start.

Glitch
    Glitch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5224

jimmy clausen is a very good quarterback and an upgrade for this club. the line movement indicates a propensity for funny-business. everyone and their mom is on cincy- "squarest" play on the whole board. the bengals offense had trouble moving in game 1 against the pats' zone in the first half. maybe the panthers replicate it and win a low scoring game at home this week.

GiveMeaBJ
    WIN WIN WIN
    GiveMeaBJ's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 335

Good play Lakerboy, this is the way to go. Too many people jumping on the Bengals calling them a good team. What have they proven? They got destroyed by New England and won a division game against a Ravens offense that hasn't really figured it out yet. They still don't have a running game yet, sure Cedric Benson did well last year but this team hasn't looked good on the ground this year. Carson Palmer still isn't a good QB. I am expecting a very simple gameplan for the Panthers and Clausen. Lot's of runs and short passes and then when they creep up they will let Clausen show off the arm down field. Sure he is a rookie, but this game won't be won by the QB's. This will be won by the ground game.

BTW Lakerboy. Get on this under.

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    The panthers have gotten of to a 0-2 start and there season is on the line here at home in this tough matchup.
    Switching QBs this early in the season is a sign that the team is folding the tents.

Starting a rookie QB isn't a strong trend either. What's to like about Claussen?

Bengals are getting no respect. Going into NE is no easy task, but they got right against the Ravens. What has Carolina done? They are rebuilding and Fox is on the way out, making room for Cowher next year.

3PtShooter
    3PtShooter's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16245

beware of rookie QB

Ninersnut
    Money talks and bullshit runs marathons
    Ninersnut's Avatar Become A Pro!

Yeah rookie QBS are no bueno

D3 Mighty Ducks
    D3 Mighty Ducks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 782

Rare of me to disagree with you but I do here, I love Cinny on the road. Your letting the value get to your head brother.

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on
    HoulihansTX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

Got a dime on Cincy -3

Squares win too.

D3 Mighty Ducks
    D3 Mighty Ducks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 782

Quote Originally Posted by HoulihansTX View Post
    Got a dime on Cincy -3 Squares win too.
    Squares have to win too. Think this could be a good example

thebestthereis
    thebestthereis's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8056

cincy has been monster profitable on the road and as a favorite the last few years, good luck!

Addicted2Cash
    Addicted2Cash's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by thebestthereis View Post
    cincy has been monster profitable on the road and as a favorite the last few years, good luck!

sarcasm at its finest

ejt87
    ejt87's Avatar Become A Pro!

After upsetting Baltimore at home do you really expect cinci to get up for an inferior non-conference opponent? Cinci was 0-8 as fav's last season and they will lay an egg in carolina. Waste of money to count on the bengals as road fav's.

Addicted2Cash
    Addicted2Cash's Avatar Become A Pro!

last time cincy covered as a fav some of you were not old enough to gamble yet. sounds like sure money to me

GL LB

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on
    HoulihansTX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

Quote Originally Posted by ejt87 View Post
    After upsetting Baltimore at home do you really expect cinci to get up for an inferior non-conference opponent? Cinci was 0-8 as fav's last season and they will lay an egg in carolina. Waste of money to count on the bengals as road fav's.
    More likely to go 1-8, than 0-9.

ejt87
    ejt87's Avatar Become A Pro!

Hmm not so sure about that. I expect a flat bengal team in this spot after their big divisional win. A healthy dose of the panther running game to protect clausen in his first start and a couple big plays by the panther D/special teams will be the difference.

FADE Bengals as favorites.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7738

Lets see what happens. Glad lots are going big on the bengals.

hitman2010
    hitman2010's Avatar Become A Pro!

Cici is tha man here. can't trust Panthers at home.

GoldenRichards
    GoldenRichards's Avatar Become A Pro!

Panthers moneyline looks good. Good luck

uanl
    uanl's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 160

hey lakerboy, what do you make of the panther ML being more than any of the other +3 teams this week? just wondering.

jadenandashton
    jadenandashton's Avatar Become A Pro!

I actually live in charlotte and I can tell you from living here and have been to three of the panthers home games this year put your money on CIncy. I couldn't believe the line when it first opened and where it still is. The mood around town that even after week two that the season is pretty much over. It seems that there is a big group of people that actually know football in Charlotte that Tony Pike is the best option for the panthers.The Panthers might be the worst team in football this year. i am going to the game and would be willing to lay as many as 6 or 7 points in this game. I dont understand how after getting beat by TB at home by 17 and cinci playing two of the best teams in the NFL the first two games of the year that anyone can think that carolina can keep this game close. Clausen is not the answer he is a mediocre quarterback at best. I saw him in the preseason game against tenn. get four false starts in a row. This tells me he is not condfident and has no leadership skills at all. Yes the defensive side of the ball is awesome but when your on the field the entire game it is tough to keep that intensity up the entire game. Believe me cinci is the easiest game of the week by far this game will be over by the end of the third quarter. cinci 27 panthers 10

BetterBizness
    My chicks!
    BetterBizness's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7638

Quote Originally Posted by jadenandashton View Post
    I actually live in charlotte and I can tell you from living here and have been to three of the panthers home games this year put your money on CIncy. I couldn't believe the line when it first opened and where it still is. The mood around town that even after week two that the season is pretty much over. It seems that there is a big group of people that actually know football in Charlotte that Tony Pike is the best option for the panthers.The Panthers might be the worst team in football this year. i am going to the game and would be willing to lay as many as 6 or 7 points in this game. I dont understand how after getting beat by TB at home by 17 and cinci playing two of the best teams in the NFL the first two games of the year that anyone can think that carolina can keep this game close. Clausen is not the answer he is a mediocre quarterback at best. I saw him in the preseason game against tenn. get four false starts in a row. This tells me he is not condfident and has no leadership skills at all. Yes the defensive side of the ball is awesome but when your on the field the entire game it is tough to keep that intensity up the entire game. Believe me cinci is the easiest game of the week by far this game will be over by the end of the third quarter. cinci 27 panthers 10
    Billy Walters? Is that you? Don't lie to us!! We'll know...

sassagore
    sassagore's Avatar Become A Pro!

rookie QB making his first start throwing at leon hall & j.joseph & carolina hasn't found their running game yet...and people are actually going with carolina? laughable. cincinnati is the play

agharah1
    agharah1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1191

The Bengals secondary had 4 INTs on Joe Flacco, imagine how many they could get vs. Clausen. Bracket coverage on Steve Smith, an early Bengals TD to force Carolina to abandon the run, and this game is in the bag.

Bengals win 21-6.

paco
    paco's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7051

Panthers disappointed me 1st 2 weeks, but imma ride em week 3 here with u also.

JR007
    JR007's Avatar Become A Pro!

moneyline on the pats up to -900

Better2Belucky
    Better2Belucky's Avatar Become A Pro!

Wouldn't put a penny on Carolina.

brooks85
    brooks85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6881

good luck with carolina, you will need it. I can tell you tho your read on the bengals is completely off.

thebestthereis
    thebestthereis's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8056

clausen has a club foot so he can kick defenders and get more time to throw, that will be the difference

brooks85
    brooks85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6881

biggest reason to take carolina here is simple just talk to alex smith, billy volek and gradkowski; all rookies who made their start against cincy and won.

Cinci did no pass rush week 1 and ended up losing only because of 2 errant special team plays. They changed that week 2 and flacco was running all over the place. They made the mistake of not blitzing the previously mentioned rookies in their starts and Zimmer said he wont repeat it. Bartkowski said they are going to step up on the offensive play calling, which is a very good idea. Carolina D is not Bal.
    Last edited by brooks85; 09-24-10 at 12:16 PM.

12 Last