Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!
    Louisvillekid1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 553

Wild Card Games look like easy money. . .

I don't ever use the word lock or anything of that sort , however i really feel confident about these games.

Washington ML
    Giants ML

Jags - 1
    Tenn +10

Destroyer
    Destroyer's Avatar Become A Pro!

Contrary to some of the opinions / picks regarding the game between the G-men and the Bucs, I'm going with the G-men this weekend as well. The G-men are a strong road team and I believe this season the G-men will play better in the playoffs without the turmoil that existed between the players and head coach like last season. Good luck!!

Checkerboard
    Checkerboard's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14605

likin' the jaxjags play; got it down. my only wc wager.

EastsidaProduct
    EastsidaProduct's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 390

Playoff Picks

I just found out it's gonna rain a lot in Seattle. So not only will I play the Skins for the game...I will play the under. If it doesn't go lower than 40.

joeygats
    joeygats's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 526

i like wash jags bucs and the chargers in a teaser

hanco21
    The Lord of No Rings..AJ Smith Egomaniac
    hanco21's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2131

A ton of rain is coming here in San Diego in the next 6-12 hours.

rjt721
    rjt721's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 378

Quote Originally Posted by Louisvillekid1 View Post
    Washington ML
    Giants ML

Jags - 1
    Tenn +10
    I guess beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but I think you'll be fortunate to split these plays (Giants and Jags being the ones I disagree with the most).

Jags being a road favorite in a playoff game in Pitt is ridiculous... not sure how you can say that's "easy money."

imgv94
    imgv94's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

All road teams good luck with that..

accuscoresucks
    accuscoresucks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 97

good luck guys.
    looking at this week myself and see noon value,a total mabye but im staying away this week

cweh
    cweh's Avatar Become A Pro!

My Parlay:
    Seattle ML,
    Skins, Hawks Over 40,
    G-man ML

Todd Collins has played well, but can he keep it up? I don’t think so, not in the rain, and the noise Qwest Field will have. What is going to make the biggest difference is DE Patrick Kearney! Due to a injury to Skins Pro Bowl R guard, Skins are forced to play a Rookie! I will take the DE Patrick Kearney (14.5 sacks) against the Rookie any day!

G-man has a depleted secondary, but Joey Galloway is not 100%. Bucks running game is not scary, so they do not need to load the box with 8.
    Seattle 25 Skins 23 Giants 24 Bucks 16

BuddyBear
    Update your status
    BuddyBear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4805

Step right up if you want to bet any of those games.....

tblues2005
    tblues2005's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7184

I somehow think that Seattle is going to win and the Giants are going to win this weekend also. My picks on the AFC is the Jags and San Diego.

eglickman
    eglickman's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by cweh View Post
    Todd Collins has played well, but can he keep it up? I don’t think so, not in the rain, and the noise Qwest Field will have. What is going to make the biggest difference is DE Patrick Kearney! Due to a injury to Skins Pro Bowl R guard, Skins are forced to play a Rookie! I will take the DE Patrick Kearney (14.5 sacks) against the Rookie any day!
    Yes, he can keep it up. He's 36 years old and a veteran. Two of his four consecutive wins have been in the rain. He handled himself well when playing @ Minnesota. Minnesota needed that game to make the playoffs, and every Vikings fan was screaming. But he kept calm and efficient. Patrick Kearney will be a threat, but if you've noticed the stats, the replacement R guard's numbers have actually been better than his predecessor's. Go with the Skins.

Seattle Slew
    Seattle Slew's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9558

I agree. I'm very surprised Jax is a 3-point favorite when they haven't won a playoff game in 10 years.

Steelers played poorly down the stretch, but the defensive coordinator is very good, and I think he adjusts to what Garrard did well the first time.

Quote Originally Posted by rjt721 View Post
    Jags being a road favorite in a playoff game in Pitt is ridiculous... not sure how you can say that's "easy money."

pokernut9999
    pokernut9999's Avatar Become A Pro!

Games do look easy as I see 8 easy winners.

Sportsgirl
    Sportsgirl's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 169

Quote Originally Posted by Seattle Slew View Post
    I agree. I'm very surprised Jax is a 3-point favorite when they haven't won a playoff game in 10 years.

Steelers played poorly down the stretch, but the defensive coordinator is very good, and I think he adjusts to what Garrard did well the first time.
    Couple that with the fact that this is Garrard's first full season as a starter and playoff time can play with the nerves of a rookie in this situation.

Roethlisberger on the other hand has guided a team to a Super Bowl win, and threw for 3,154 yards and a franchise and career-best 32 touchdowns and just 11 interceptions. He also finished the regular season with a quarterback rating of 104.1, second only to Brady ... and all this with an injured and questionable offensive line that allowed Roethlisberger to be sacked 47 times.
    I think Ben's more than capable of carrying the load with Parker out for the season.

The Seer
    The Seer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7617

Quote Originally Posted by Sportsgirl View Post
    Couple that with the fact that this is Garrard's first full season as a starter and playoff time can play with the nerves of a rookie in this situation.

Roethlisberger on the other hand has guided a team to a Super Bowl win, and threw for 3,154 yards and a franchise and career-best 32 touchdowns and just 11 interceptions. He also finished the regular season with a quarterback rating of 104.1, second only to Brady ... and all this with an injured and questionable offensive line that allowed Roethlisberger to be sacked 47 times.
    I think Ben's more than capable of carrying the load with Parker out for the season.
    Sportsgirl, I'm all over your boys this week. The Steelers actually have the better run defense statistically. Plus, I don't see how you can make the a home dog. I'll take that this week as the infatuation with the Jags has made the line what it is. Give me the Steelers and the points (this week).

TexansFan
    TexansFan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 211

I personally believe you can throw all that regular season crap out the window when the playoffs begin. I only see Jac winning this weekend out of the road teams.

I keep hearing about how inexperienced Garrard is but imo that won't matter because Jac has the better team. I don't believe he's going to be nervous handing the ball off. Jac just has the better overall team imo.

With regards to the T.B. game I would have to take the home team. T.B. has been preparing for this game and will be rested. How will the NYG's perform after giving it their all against N.E? The bigger question is how will Eli play. Will he be the guy who played well against N.E. or the guy who turns the ball over. Eli can be rattled and I believe the T.B. defense will do so.

The Chargers imo should have no trouble beating the Titans. I really believe it could be a closer game if VY is out. S.D. is the overall better team right now and is healthier. They should handle the Titans by at least ten.

The Seattle game is more difficult imo. Seattle usually plays well at home. If this game was in D.C. I would take the Skins. I'll go with Sea at home in this one.

B1GER1C828
    Bostoneric
    B1GER1C828's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 318

i like boltz -10 over titans for sure titans losing their numba 1 wideout sure does help the rest sure i like

the_orangekat
    the_orangekat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

How can you ever call any NFL games ATS "easy winners?" Even when you are fortunate enough to pick the right side, you age about 15 years in the process of the game.

With that said, this weekend I like PITT and TB ATS.

GLTA!

clcoyle93
    clcoyle93's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by ddtjman View Post
    How can you ever call any NFL games ATS "easy winners?" Even when you are fortunate enough to pick the right side, you age about 15 years in the process of the game.

With that said, this weekend I like PITT and TB ATS.

GLTA!
    Exactly....there are no easy winners ATS.

pokernut9999

There are 4 winners on sides and 4 more on totals, damn guys only 16 choices and 8 of them are staring you in the face. Just leave out the other 8 and you got it made.

alexda[]
    alexda[]'s Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by pokernut9999 View Post
    There are 4 winners on sides and 4 more on totals, damn guys only 16 choices and 8 of them are staring you in the face. Just leave out the other 8 and you got it made.
    would u care to post for those unfortunate enough not to be able to pick easy winners that are staring me in the face? just curious. i have my plays in, feel pretty good about them but wanted to see yours
    Last edited by alexda[]; 01-04-08 at 05:41 PM.

clcoyle93
    clcoyle93's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by pokernut9999 View Post
    yes please.....Show and Tell

pokernut9999

I see them but also see the 8 losers and having a hard time telling them apart. I know in a couple of days it will be clearer.

Sorry guys the last few days I am having trouble picking anything. Hell even poked my eye out earlier going for my nose.

Max Kim
    Max Kim's Avatar Become A Pro!

Skins feels like a trap on ml since they have an inexperienced playoff qb Collins and also playing in bad weather which they have trouble doing. Hawks are also 7-1 at home However, I would love to see the Skins win it

Giants is another ml trap. Only reason people are considering them is b/c of last weeks game vs the pats. Scary game I would pass on esp. if Manning is starting

I like the Jags b/c of the Pitt injuries and how they run vs Pitts defense. Pitt will be pretty predictable on offense b/c of Parker's injury. Only thing i'm worried about is that they are away and their bad kicking game

Not even going to touch the Tenn vs SD game. Could go either way

IMO the games are not so easy money as you think
    Small play on Jags

20Four7
    Timmy T = Failure
    20Four7's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4120

Quote Originally Posted by Sportsgirl View Post

I knew you'd be all over Pitts, sportsgirl. I agree with the experience factor, however my handicapping shows Jacksonville as being 10 points better than pittsburgh. Jacksonville's key to winning this game is controlling the clock. I'm looking at they having posession about 40 minutes leaving Roethisberger 20 minutes to get his points. I think Jacksonville is the all around better team (both offense and defense) but Pittsburgh is a tough place to play in. Turn overs will kill whoever makes them. With the exception of the Ravens, pittsburgh was very good at NOT turning the ball over in the last few weeks. If jacksonville gives Pittsburgh some short fields to work with then they will be in trouble.

I don't see weather being a factor here as it should be around 35-40 with light showers at worst. I think the play in this game is the over. I'm seeing a 30 20 Jacksonville win.

armyoflovers
    Robyn + 3.5 men
    armyoflovers's Avatar Become A Pro!

im horny

Destroyer
    Destroyer's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by 20Four7 View Post
    I knew you'd be all over Pitts, sportsgirl. I agree with the experience factor, however my handicapping shows Jacksonville as being 10 points better than pittsburgh. Jacksonville's key to winning this game is controlling the clock. I'm looking at they having posession about 40 minutes leaving Roethisberger 20 minutes to get his points. I think Jacksonville is the all around better team (both offense and defense) but Pittsburgh is a tough place to play in. Turn overs will kill whoever makes them. With the exception of the Ravens, pittsburgh was very good at NOT turning the ball over in the last few weeks. If jacksonville gives Pittsburgh some short fields to work with then they will be in trouble.

I don't see weather being a factor here as it should be around 35-40 with light showers at worst. I think the play in this game is the over. I'm seeing a 30 20 Jacksonville win.

Pittsburgh hasn't lost to any team by a margin of 10 points or more this season except to New England. Jacksonville is a competent team, but I think it's unlikely the game will be decided by a difference of 10 points. Neverthelesss, this should be a good game to watch.

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!
    Louisvillekid1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 553

You guys know me better then this, im not calling these locks by no means. I just feel more confident then usual with these picks.

Look, the steelers are really banged up and that is going to hurt them against the physical style of the jags. Also the steelers have playoff experience, but this is all knew for mike tomlin. Jack del Rio is the better coach in this spot and it will show. I see D garrad taking care of the ball, and look for F taylor and M Jones-Drew to move the chains on key third downs. The line -1 doesn't mean much, it's basically a ML play. Jags are more healthy and i believed more determined.

The titans should keep this one close, they had the chargers beat a few weeks ago, and I just don't trust phillip rivers or norv turner. +10 is just too much for me to turn down with a good running team and good defense, paired with one of the best coaching minds in the league in jeff fisher.

I don't see where tampa is going to get their points. I don't think the Giants D line is going to give garcia enough time to hit big plays down the field to J Galloway. Also TB running game is average at best. Eli has alot to prove in this matchup, and burress is a stud WR, Also B Jacobs can get those tough yards and take pressure off of E Manning.

The skins are riding high right now and playing great football. Seattle is the most overrated team in the league and I look for it to show in this one. The skins will pound the ball and todd collins has been playing great. M Hasselback doesnt have that dominate run game to utilize that play action he loves to do anymore. The skins still have a very good defense IMO, and I think Seattle is a fraud and they will fall in this one.

cweh
    cweh's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by eglickman View Post
    Yes, he can keep it up. He's 36 years old and a veteran. Two of his four consecutive wins have been in the rain. He handled himself well when playing @ Minnesota. Minnesota needed that game to make the playoffs, and every Vikings fan was screaming. But he kept calm and efficient. Patrick Kearney will be a threat, but if you've noticed the stats, the replacement R guard's numbers have actually been better than his predecessor's. Go with the Skins.

I know Collins was not going to beat the odds of flying west, and crow noise and Patrick Kearney did cause alot of problems for them.... so far I'm 4 for 4...

Seattle ML, Seattle/WASH Over Pit +3 and Pit/jax over 40-

hope everyone had a good day today!

nevadaside
    nevadaside's Avatar Become A Pro!

Like that NYG ML kid,
    obviously I agreed w/JAX as I had posted earlier last week.

I know what you mean by your thread title, you're all good.....alwayz look forward to reading what you're rollin on.

20Four7
    Timmy T = Failure
    20Four7's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4120

Quote Originally Posted by Destroyer View Post
    Pittsburgh hasn't lost to any team by a margin of 10 points or more this season except to New England. Jacksonville is a competent team, but I think it's unlikely the game will be decided by a difference of 10 points. Neverthelesss, this should be a good game to watch.

If jacksonville played the 2nd half the way they played the first half I don't think my analysis was wrong.

That being said read my analysis:

Turn overs will kill whoever makes them. With the exception of the Ravens, pittsburgh was very good at NOT turning the ball over in the last few weeks. If jacksonville gives Pittsburgh some short fields to work with then they will be in trouble.

Gundog
    Gundog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 36

Heck Yea. Right On
    I love placing a bet.

bigdog3580
    bigdog3580's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 241

TB and SD over 40 parlay on Sunday. Rain in SD will make for more turnovers thus easier points.

12 Last