BAMABETTER
    BAMABETTER's Avatar Become A Pro!

this line is way off

minnesota -9 ????? this is way off. i'll load up on this one , i'll sit back have a cold one and enjoy a great payday. san. fran. can't run can't pass. if thats not enough, they are -9 in turn overs. minn. can stop the run , leaving s.f to have to pass , that is going to be very bad for the 9ers.

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

While those are all very valid points, I wouldn't say the line is way off considering that the Vikings are on the road. Usually, -9 road lines are reserved for the elite teams in the league, and the Vikes are not nearly at that level.

durito
    escarabajo negro
    durito's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 438

I like the 49ers +9 in this game

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

I lean that way durito, but I am passing.

BAMABETTER
    BAMABETTER's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by LT Profits View Post
    While those are all very valid points, I wouldn't say the line is way off considering that the Vikings are on the road. Usually, -9 road lines are reserved for the elite teams in the league, and the Vikes are not nearly at that level.

the vikes are 2-2 ats on the road. those two loses came at dallas and green bay. the 49ers are nowhere close to these teams. BUT anything can happen in sports betting

Doc JS
    Doc JS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

I know the Niners are bad...but the Vikes are really beat up across their defensive line.

And as others have pointed out, they're not the team on the road they are at home. Eli's 4 picks, 3 for TD's in the Meadowlands not withstanding. I think the Vikes win and maybe even cover, but I don't think it's walk in the park you describe.

SEAHAWKHARRY
    Northern Lights
    SEAHAWKHARRY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2385

Bamabetter Im Wit Ya

OK I FOLLOW THE 49RS INTENSLEY.. THERE ONLY HOPE IS IN A BREAKDOWN IN VIKES RUNNING DEFENCCE TO HAVE A SHOT IN COVERING + 10...the vikings have come on strong as of late with there runnning game taylor and peterson. and there passing game has been steeping it up as well.. the 49rs do not play well at home as of late...and if the defence scores or puts the viks in scoring position they will win by 15 _+....49rs defence has been struggling as well late they are tired.. very tired... they never leave the field due to trents dilfers 3 and outs ...

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

Haha, I opened this thread thinking someone was making a case for the 49ers. I don't know how the Vikings can be a road favorite of anyone, except I realize they are running hot the last couple games...

I'd have to take the 49ers just because I can't quite believe in this Minnesota magic just yet. But, it wouldn't suprise me if Minny runs up the score. Not a huge play for me either way. It just seems like a lot of points for a mediocre team to get on the road.

The play? Tease Minnesota down to -2 and take 49ers +8, hope for a middle on the 7 or 3 or somewhere in there.

ntgarrett
    ntgarrett's Avatar Become A Pro!

I like Minny but consider this:

San Francisco is 6-1 ATS in its last 7 games when playing at home against Minnesota
    San Francisco is 5-0 SU in its last 5 games when playing at home against Minnesota

I know these are only trends but something to think about.

Time is Money
    Time is Money's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6389

teased it down to 3 and tied it with the Colts -2 1/2 before their line jumped

roasthawg
    roasthawg's Avatar Become A Pro!

mike nolan is possibly the worst hc in the league, he has kept one of the niner's best players, brandon moore, on the bench all season. well last yr about this time against these same vikings injuries forced moore in and lo and behold the niners started playing great defense and winning games. moore is finally gonna make his first start of the season this week and i wouldn't at all be surprised to see the niners find a way to stay in this game. moore and willis playing side by side should really improve the niners d and with minnesota's terrible pass d the niner's might actually find a way to move the ball...i like the niners to win it straight up 20-13.

hamburglar628
    hamburglar628's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 919

Quote Originally Posted by roasthawg View Post
    mike nolan is possibly the worst hc in the league, he has kept one of the niner's best players, brandon moore, on the bench all season. well last yr about this time against these same vikings injuries forced moore in and lo and behold the niners started playing great defense and winning games. moore is finally gonna make his first start of the season this week and i wouldn't at all be surprised to see the niners find a way to stay in this game. moore and willis playing side by side should really improve the niners d and with minnesota's terrible pass d the niner's might actually find a way to move the ball...i like the niners to win it straight up 20-13.
    Are you kidding me? win straight up? Vikings defense has improved a lot over the last few weeks and the 49ers have one of the worst defenses, expect to see a lot of running and the 49ers defense get tired fast and basically throughout the whole game. This one wont be close.