SBR Lou
    SBR Lou's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'm Loving This Tease.. Thoughts??

New England -5.5
    Indy -2.5

2 unit play

• Let's face it. New England's line backers are old and were dominated by a very physical Willis McGahee. Its not that there were gaping holes, its just that Willis was able to plow through everything. Willie Parker is more of a speed guy, the Steelers turn to Davenport for the overly physical stuff. He missed last game with an injury, so he probably isn't 100% if he plays nor getting most of the carries. I think they'll be able to stop Willie with more ease than Willis.

Offensively they are coming off a very poor performance. Wind played a factor, way too many drops, inefficient all around. They've pretty much been disappointing two weeks in a row. I know how much conventional wisdom says "the Steelers are a powerful team and can duplicate, perhaps add more efficiency" to what the Eagles & Ravens did. That's why I don't buy it, it looks too easy, and the Patriots don't have three bad games in a row. They get a home game here, I think it is a tough spot for Big Ben and company, I think New England will click more offensively and probably throw Pittsburgh off their gameplan (which hopefully Belichick is plugging away at). Thus, I like the game at -5.5 in Foxboro, instead of DD.

• The Ravens just came off an excellent performance. They gave it every last thing they had. They rallied around each other, established a good gameplan and stuck to it. They were within inches, actually really one inch on that 4th & 1, of beating the best team in the league. That would have been perfect for them. You saw the dejection in their eyes, you saw players throwing flags and nearly taking swings at officials, it was a surreal night.

Hopefully they get a scrub team here, get a win and maybe forget about last week, right? Nope. They get to follow up with playing the second best team in the league on primetime again in their home stadium. Tony Ugoh is back for the Colts, line backing core getting more healthy, Harrison probably out but Wayne->Clark->Gonzalez->Addai in. And we can safely say at this point that the Colts have a better defense than New England. Their line backers are faster, quicker, the Colts have one of (if not the youngest) teams in the league across the board. That youth will help them here, as they should be able to contain McGahee a little more than New England was.

I think Baltimore already tapped the well dry, and even if they can somehow muster another great gameplan and find all this success and la la la, I still like the Colts by a field goal, and probably 7 or more. So the Colts -2.5 I feel comfortable with.

outdrawed
    outdrawed's Avatar Become A Pro!

Here's the thing with teasers, from what I understand. If you think Pats -5.5/Colts -2.5 is a good bet at -110, then betting Pats -11.5 and Colts -8.5 separately is better, with an exception. The Colts teaser is good because it crosses the 3 and 7. I don't like the Pats one as much, because I don't think they win between 6-11 much more often than they win by 12+, or at least to the point where teasing is more profitable than just betting the game outright.

But yes, I really do like the Colts play, and if you can find a better game to tease (Seahawks -1, Bills -1.5), I'd try doing that instead.

SBR Lou
    SBR Lou's Avatar Become A Pro!

I try to cross the 3 & 7 as much as possible, but sometimes I'll like a play and just feel good with shaving the points off.

I really like the Colts play too, I may add them in a second two teamer because I feel it is pretty strong. Thanks for your feedback bro.

hamburglar628
    hamburglar628's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 919

Steelers +18, vikings -1 (LOCK!)