bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'm taking the 3 TD's this week

I know Baltimore is have a bad year and all, but yet I still find that they have some very good value +21 points.

Even despite the Baltimore offense being as bad as they are, they do have a decent defense still. I think they can contain Moss just like the Eagles did last week.

SBR Lou
    SBR Lou's Avatar Become A Pro!

They would need their defense to put them in position to get some points on the board. I don't think Baltimore will be able to go down the field on them like Philly did. Brian Billick is struggling to find a rhythm offensively.

One thing that's scary though is that 'humble pie' that Belichick will serve his team this week. Last time they last shown any real weakness they rebounded with a 46 pt victory.

joeygats
    joeygats's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 526

Quote Originally Posted by bigboydan View Post
    I know Baltimore is have a bad year and all, but yet I still find that they have some very good value +21 points.

Even despite the Baltimore offense being as bad as they are, they do have a decent defense still. I think they can contain Moss just like the Eagles did last week.
    i hope your not serious cause the pats will win by atleast 30 ravens can not score look what the chargers did to them plz pick pats gl

beaneaters
    beaneaters's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2031

I've already made my bet on the Pats. The line is only going to go higher, and if an offensively-challenged team like San Diego can hang 32 on the Ravens as nine point faves, a pissed off New England team could do twice as much damage.

DrunkenLullaby
    DrunkenLullaby's Avatar Become A Pro!

This thought process will be the undoing of many a bettor this week. Dan, think about the strong point of Balt's defense....and think about how incredibly meaningless that is against the NE offense.

Good luck.

tryintogetpaid
    tryintogetpaid's Avatar Become A Pro!

New England is going to wax the floor with an old / injured D of the Ravens. You know Bill B ripped into his players this week and I look for them to score on every drive, all the way to the end.

Still waiting on BetUs to add this game....

durito
    escarabajo negro
    durito's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 438

Another week another record pointspread.

The highest home dog I have in my data back to 1978 is 16.5 . 49ers were in this game as well, though as the dog vs the Colts on 10/9/05.

10+ home dogs are now 62-47-2 ATS since 1985

Doc JS
    Doc JS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Quote Originally Posted by crazyl View Post
    Brian Billick is struggling to find a rhythm offensively.
    crazl,
    I think this qualifies for the understatement of the year award.

He's been struggling to find a offensive rhythm since he got to Baltimore.

Billick has gone through QB's hand over fist since he's been in Baltimore. He has never put up the offensive numbers that he was given credit for when he was the OC in Minnesota. They won their Super Bowl with Trent "don't screw it up and our defense will win the game" Dilfer at QB.

Doc

biggamer3
    biggamer3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3802

Gotta take NE here

Baltimore lost to the Chargers by 18 and they should have lost by more

Pats win by 30+

The Seer
    The Seer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7617

Quote Originally Posted by Doc JS View Post
    crazl,

He has never put up the offensive numbers that he was given credit for when he was the OC in Minnesota.
    Doc
    I think it had more to do with Chris Carter, Randy Moss, Randall Cunningham, and Robert Smith than the genius Billick.

Peyton2MarvinN06
    Peyton2MarvinN06's Avatar Become A Pro!

Dan,

I'm on board on this play with you bud... I was on the Eagles this past Sunday Night and that turned out pretty good... I don't care how bad the Ravens have played this season... Ray Lewis will have the defense fired up for a Monday Night game against the best team on the planet! If the Ravens can score 13 or more points then I think they can cover this one!

Dark Horse
    Deus Ex Machina
    Dark Horse's Avatar Become A Pro!

Pats defense had an off-day (in terms of giving up points and keeping offense off the field). They should be back with a vengeance. Pats were getting fat and happy. Not anymore after that near debacle against Philly. Bellichick won't allow two weeks in a row like that.

So far this season teams in spread range of more than 10 pts are 6-1 ATS in a combined angles system I use. Line is down to 20.5 and 20, so three TD's wins it.
    Last edited by Dark Horse; 11-27-07 at 09:51 PM.

imgv94
    imgv94's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

I teased the Pats down to -13.5 Am I crazy?

bigboydan

I think you are in this particular case IMG. If anything you should have probably teased it up instead of down. I mean 13.5 points is still a ton of points for any NFL to cover, no matter how good that team might be.

Robert Schroeder
    PARTY TIME
    Robert Schroeder's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 224

Quote Originally Posted by imgv94 View Post
    I teased the Pats down to -13.5 Am I crazy?
    I think you're alright here, New Englands defense will be fired up as well. The colder the better for New England.

Dark Horse
    Deus Ex Machina
    Dark Horse's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'd be surprised if the Ravens score more than 7 pts. They're terrible on offense. So how hard could it be for Pats to cover this one?

louis
    louis's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 431

I love the under in this game

Philly had the 6th rated offense, and 9th rated defense in the league. Baltimore is rated 24th in offense but 4th in defense.

I expect a 31 to 10 kind of game.

Not going to bet Baltimore.

But I like the UNDER. Like it a lot.
    Last edited by louis; 11-28-07 at 01:46 AM.

imgv94
    imgv94's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

I just thought -14 is a key number here. Only two TDs.

I've never teased a team to -13.5 before. But hey theres a first for everything.

tblues2005
    tblues2005's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7184

you could add points in a teaser sure looks good. Could you imagine getting +30 or more in a 4-team teaser, sure looks good to me.

DrunkenLullaby

Quote Originally Posted by louis View Post
    Baltimore is rated 24th in offense but 4th in defense.

But I like the UNDER. Like it a lot.
    I'm warning you guys again to seriously consider the strengths & weaknesses of Baltimore's "highly-ranked" defense and how they match up with NE's offense.

patsfan2727
    patsfan2727's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by DrunkenLullaby View Post
    I'm warning you guys again to seriously consider the strengths & weaknesses of Baltimore's "highly-ranked" defense and how they match up with NE's offense.
    Wait, is this the same "highly ranked defense" that let Cleveland go down the field and score a game tying FG with 16 seconds??? hmmmm.....

DrunkenLullaby

Pats, re-read my post. We are in agreement.

tblues2005
    tblues2005's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7184

patsfan that what DrukenLullaby means here they allowed San Deigo a ton of points, I think their defense is getting old if you ask me.

prop
    prop's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2002

Teasing up is usually not a good idea on high spreads because often books will post the same alternate line at between -220 to -260 (as low as -200) at Pinnacle so you'd just be paying a lot more for the same bet.

For example last week Dolphins were +15.5 and Pinnacle had +21.5 -206 on the alternate line - so teaser bettors got a really bad price on that particular leg if they teased the Dolphins up.

durito
    escarabajo negro

Baltimore's defense has been terrible against the pass with Samari Rolle and Chris McAlister out, but good when they both play. McAlister sat out again last week, but may play this week. Rolle played Sunday for the first time in 6 weeks.

They've been great against the run all year (2.93 yds per run now, after taking out kneel downs). But, New England has no problem passing the ball on every play.

If the two CB's play and can be as good as they were together early in the season, I think Baltimore can put a up a good defense against New England. But, if the pass defense is as bad as it has been the past 6 weeks, they will lose by 30+.

durito
    escarabajo negro

Teams that have lost 5 in a row SU and ATS are 40-21-0 ATS at home in their next game since 1985 (29-15 ATS as a dog).

Also, teams that win high scoring close games at home (ie won, but didn't cover, and went over the total) do very poorly as road favorites the next week (38-59-3 ATS) including 6-20 ATS as a favorite of 7 or more.

NapoleonEli
    NapoleonEli's Avatar Become A Pro!

Im not touching this game.. .I do belive the Ravens might hold up though ..

outdrawed
    outdrawed's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by patsfan2727 View Post
    Wait, is this the same "highly ranked defense" that let Cleveland go down the field and score a game tying FG with 16 seconds??? hmmmm.....

You're using one drive as evidence that Baltimore defense isn't good?

joeygats
    joeygats's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 526

Quote Originally Posted by outdrawed View Post

You're using one drive as evidence that Baltimore defense isn't good?
    ok raven backers gl but plz dont do it ravens lost to the bills? and got blown out by pitts and chargers who are not as good as the pats they will cover if the spread was -38 but like i said gl

outdrawed
    outdrawed's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by joeygats View Post
    ok raven backers gl but plz dont do it ravens lost to the bills? and got blown out by pitts and chargers who are not as good as the pats they will cover if the spread was -38 but like i said gl

If you think the spread should be -38, you should putting like half of your bankroll on the Pats.

roasthawg
    roasthawg's Avatar Become A Pro!

i'm on the ravens pretty big this week...i haven't rode the pats too hard but i'm still up on them for the yr. i'm seeing an easy 10 pt win for the pats but no 3 td blowout...baltimore's style of play has a tendancy to keep games close, i love the pts in this one!!!

bigboydan

Glad I got down on this one early, because I see a few 18's floating out there right now.

PuttPutt
    PuttPutt's Avatar Become A Pro!

Listen here boys, Pats will cover and the score will be something like 35 to 3. I dont see baltimore scoring at all. That is why i like the pats and under. I just hope they dont score to many points and the over hit.

Patriots by 32 points.

goodfella
    goodfella's Avatar Become A Pro!

i got the pats but it scares me that most people are doing the same

SexyMit
    SexyMit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 204

I think I am going to take Baltimore +21. Gl to everyone public is all on New England got the other way so that is what I am doing... gl to all no matter what you do... GL to you also bigboydan I'm there with you just like I was on NMS on friday made alot of money on that game.

12 Last