GatorFan
    GatorFan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Houston +3.5 @ Cleverland: Good or Bad?

I'm with Houston +3.5 against Cleverland this Sunday. What is your opition on this pick? Please share your inputs. Thanks a lot.

outdrawed
    outdrawed's Avatar Become A Pro!

I try to stay away from taking teams -3.5, but I got Cleveland here at -3.5 (-105). Cleveland is a couple points better than Houston on a neutral field, so given HFA, I'm willing to sacrifice the 3.

SBR Lou
    SBR Lou's Avatar Become A Pro!

I like it, having Andre Johnson back helps so much. He had 6 receptions for 120 yards against the Saints. When Kyle Boller passes for 279 yards on a defense, you know Matt Schaub is going to have a favorable outing.

mgcolby
    mgcolby's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 498

Cleveland is a much better team at home and Houston is an unknown quantity at this point. They have played without so many key players that you don't know what or who they are. Are they the team that started the season 2-0 or the team that lost to Atlanta on the road and barely beat Miami at home?

I would have to take Cleveland at home in this spot, maybe buy the hook for safe measure.

RageWizard
    RageWizard's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by mgcolby View Post
    Cleveland is a much better team at home and Houston is an unknown quantity at this point. They have played without so many key players that you don't know what or who they are. Are they the team that started the season 2-0 or the team that lost to Atlanta on the road and barely beat Miami at home?

I would have to take Cleveland at home in this spot, maybe buy the hook for safe measure.
    I have to agree with mgcolby, either buy the hook or even go with the over. The over has taken the money every week for games involving cleveland this year, check the weather first though.

KidDynamite
    KidDynamite's Avatar Become A Pro!

A lot of people think Schaub is over rated. But if you compare his numbers with and without a healthy Andre Johnson, he is a decent qb. The offense looks good with Johnson playing. And everyone knows the Browns D won't put up a fight. I like Houston and the points.

Crutch
    Crutch's Avatar Become A Pro!

i am almost thinking houston, so many upsets every week its hard to tell

rugbybdyb
    rugbybdyb's Avatar Become A Pro!

I think with the gunnslinger at qb for the browns, houston is going to have to play catchup.......I dont think I would bet on these team right now just because they can go either way with on new guy mistake....I will not bet on this game.

roasthawg
    roasthawg's Avatar Become A Pro!

i got clev at -3/-120 in this one...i also took the over (51). i LOVE the brown offense this year with joe thomas, the guy is a top ten offensive mvp selection in my mind....he singlehandedley made that offense click. once they let quinn play WATCH OUT, this team has all the pieces to be REALLY good for a long time!!!

mv09
    mv09's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2630

I love the Texans here. I took them moneyline. Andre has gone off in his only 3 games. Its a different offense when hes on the field. Not to mention that Schaub is probably better than Anderson (not fantasy wise this year of course).

mgcolby

I took the over 51 as well. I have a strong lean towards Cleveland but as I said before in this thread, I just don't know what to expect from Houston so I am laying off the side.

chelms166
    chelms166's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3818

i'm taking cleveland(-3) along with seattle(-3) and washington(+3) on a 3 game parlay @ 1unit. after taking it hard in the rear yesterday thanks to auburn i'm looking to get back in the green today. the payout is descent enough for me. hopefully, i get some green on the early games so i can stay in it for the late games. gl everyone. today looks like a good day. god help us!

mgcolby

I'm with you on Seattle, but I don't trust Washington.

GL

area51steve
    area51steve's Avatar Become A Pro!

I think Houston is a good pick as well. The browns still don't impress me at all. They have a weak defense and I think they will be exposed for who they really are. Take the texans +3.