Mr Handicapable
    Mr Handicapable's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 174

Colts/Patriots Total 56.5???

56.5? Just seems too low doesn't it? The public thinks the Pats will cover this by themselves I think? Last years AFC Championship (World Championship) was 38-34 and that was before you throw in Moss, Welker, and Co. Even if you consider the Colts defensive improvements and the Pats pickup of Adelius Thomas....this still looks like a very likely late 3rd quarter or early 4th quarter Over to me? For those of you that have read Tony Dungy's bestseller....David is about to whip Goliath's ass again!!...GO COLTS!!

buzzsawl
    buzzsawl's Avatar Become A Pro!

Marvin Harrison is not healthy this may be the only thing that keeps this under

Mr Handicapable

I live in Indy and from all I've heard...Marvin is expected to play. Look for him to be big on 3rd downs..1 yard past the first down marker but I doubt he does much else at this point!
    He's coming off a leg injury so Dungy isn't going to push him and risk losing him for the season.

imgv94
    imgv94's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Like the over a lot in this one.

EGGY6199
    EGGY6199's Avatar Become A Pro!

Just one thing here guys.

The Colts D isn't great but doesn't give up many big plays. I believe they are 1st in the NFL for this (or were)

The Pats D is actually very good however i believe this means they can stop the colts scoring too many however not stop the colts keeping the ball for a fair amount hence the Pats Off gets the ball less than normal???

1 colts game over that mark all year

3 Pats games over (the last 3)

I will be playing this week with my new system but system's aside I see this one 23-20

copper
    copper's Avatar Become A Pro!

I think I stay away from this. It really depends on Indy. Does Indy try and outscore the Pats or do they eat the clock and run the ball and keep the ball away from the Pats? Tough call leaning toward under.

Mr Handicapable

23-20 LOL!! I know the Colts will try to control the ball but the Pats aren't going to let us nickel/dime them all day. They'll blitz some and force the action! The Colts special teams coverage is weak as usual which is going to help the Pats w/field position just like last years AFC Championship.
    The Colts hung 32 in the 2nd Half ALONE on this same D in that game as well!! Pats 7-1 Over this year...Colts are 37-20 Over since 1992 as a underdog! Heart says 34-30 Colts with long ball control drives saving the day for my hometown boys!
    Head says 38-30 Pats as they counter a brief Colts rally in the 2nd half!

Furt
    Furt's Avatar Become A Pro!

I don't think this will be the shootout everyone expects it to be. The two offenses overshadow two very good defenses. I think the running game will be more of a factor in this one. I'm thinking maybe a 27-21 game or something of that sort.

mcon1969
    mcon1969's Avatar Become A Pro!

pats indy

I think pats have last years playoff loss on their mind. the pats will be ready win. they will cover

Skidcom
    Skidcom's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 19551

Of course intuition puts this way over but every system I know will put me firmly on the under......only hope is 4 or 5 stops that result in FGs

Samhain
    Samhain's Avatar Become A Pro!

Total is very low.

I like the UNDER as well. Everyone is expecting a shoot out. We will probably see a ball control game.

I'll take the Colts running game over the Pats.

Crutch
    Crutch's Avatar Become A Pro!

I think it is going to be a scoring fest, i would take the over

VegasDave
    Philosophy Frog
    VegasDave's Avatar Become A Pro!

Pats will score their 38.

Colts held to 17 at home? Unlikely.

Redchevy
    Redchevy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5697

This is far from the same D NE had on the field in last years AFC Championship game when Manning hung 32 2nd half points. Seymour spent most time on the sidelines with his ankles taped up, Colvin on the sidelines with cramps, Harrison just plain out. Don Davis was in at linebacker and had never played a snap in regular season, most of the defensive backs on IR. Watch what happens this week, NE in the low to mid 40's, Indy high 20's to low 30's. NE is a whole different animal this year!!!!

Mr Handicapable

Same Pats D except for Adelius Thomas. Alot of age at LB and bring on Rodney Harrison too...his slow cheapshot ass won't do anything on the fast track at Indy! If Marvin plays then I think the Colts have a real shot because the Pats will have no answers for Joe Addai or Dallas Clark. Without Marvin..the Pats will put Samuel on Reggie Wayne and probably induce Peyton into a few forced throws. Either way...I just don't see how this game doesn't go over 56.5?
    Pats are classless aholes win or lose! I just heard this weekend about Seymour stomping Tarik Glenn last year because he got sick of never getting in Peyton's area code. Plus how BeleCheat ducked Peyton Manning's handshake last year after the AFC Championship! Unlike the Pacers...the Colts have always made Indy proud and I will be there win or lose to support them. How many teams actually do things the right way and win anymore? Not many!!

Redchevy
    Redchevy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5697

Watch what those OLD, classless LB's do Sunday! Good Luck!

mgcolby
    mgcolby's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 498

124 Solo Tackles
    13 Sacks
    5 Interceptions
    7 Forced Fumbles

The LB's sure look old and slow based on those numbers. How are the Colt young and fast LB's doing?

seaborneq
    It's time to collect
    seaborneq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13422

35-24 Pats, so take the Pats and the over, you will be glad that you did.

curious
    curious's Avatar Become A Pro!

I have $1000 on the UNDER

sikballplaya24
    sikballplaya24's Avatar Become A Pro!

Dont be fooled, over total should be atleast 70!

PATS 45 Colts 34

NapoleonEli
    NapoleonEli's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by curious View Post
    I have $1000 on the UNDER
    Risky.GL I belive it will stay under also

laxdjock
    Anyone but the SEC.
    laxdjock's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

I think it will stay under, but it could be a 42-28 game. I'm staying away from it. I think my book has it at 57.5 right now.

seaborneq
    It's time to collect
    seaborneq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13422

Amazingly the line is still 56.5, the same as the opening line. Why no movement? I have the over so everyone else should be aware of it and go the other way.

curious
    curious's Avatar Become A Pro!

UNDER is looking good 0-0 WAAHOOOO

looking good 0-0 so far.

The Baron
    The Baron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1179

How bout over 43 or under 69? Whats the better play? yes its a teaser.