moneyplays
    moneyplays's Avatar Become A Pro!

Texan fans

Could someone who knows the texans well break them down for me? I haven't really ever paid attention to this team and I have missed the last two games. How do they matchup to the colts? How about their home field advantage? They are 2-0 so they must be pretty good. Whats the deal with them?

Thanks,
    mp

EGGY6199
    EGGY6199's Avatar Become A Pro!

I watched the game last week as I had bet on Carliona.

Steve Smith mad some big plays but otherwise their D shut carliona down.

I would rate their D as average+

Off is also average+ with both a running game and a passing game. Andre is the key weapon but the QB looks good.

They are a young team who will be one to watch next year. This year I would be careful betting agianst and reckon POs however not enough quality to go all the way.

TexansFan
    TexansFan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 211

The Texans have improved greatly this year. It's obvious that many fans who don't normally follow the Texans still look at them like an expansion team.

On offense, the biggest difference is Schaub. Say what you will about Carr always getting sacked but this is basically the same offensive line from the end of last year. The biggest difference between the two is decision making. Schaub will take the time to read his coverage and look for a play while Carr seemed to panic and made poor decisions. They have a very improved running game with Green and Dayne both sharing the ball. Their best receiver is Johnson, who will not play this Sunday.

On defense, in the last three years they have drafted defensively mainly because of Peyton Manning. Their defensive line is young and getting better by the week. They have an excellent linebacker in Demeco Ryans and a stud at cornerback in Dunta Robinson. Their defense is also much improved overall and will continue to get better. Their most pressing need in my opinion is a need for another shut down corner.

They have excellent special teams that are capable of returning any kick off or punt back for a touchdown. Their field goal kicker has not missed yet this year and they have an excellent punter in Turk.

The reason the Texans won the game last year with Indy was because they controlled the ball offensively for over 35 minutes. This is how you beat Manning, you keep him off of the field.

No one here in Houston has any illusions of the Texans going undefeated or anything ridiculous like that. This team is getting better now under Kubiak and will be a playoff team hopefully next year and beyond. The AFC is very difficult and only the top tier teams make the playoffs. With that being said I look for the Texans to cover the 6 against Indy.

Hope this helps.

rugbybdyb
    rugbybdyb's Avatar Become A Pro!

I have to say that I think this will be the texans first loss this year, but I could be wrong

TexansFan
    TexansFan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 211

You could very well be right. Indy is the Super Bowl champs right now. I won't be betting this game, just hopefully enjoying it. I think it will be close though and would take the six if I was betting it.