eglickman
    eglickman's Avatar Become A Pro!

Dallas Cowboys In Trouble

Read bottom: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...bte/index.html

Could this be the reason for the "too good to be true" line for the Dallas vs Miami game?

Another Source:

"Mark my words, this is the injury that's really gonna hurt them. Nose tackle Jason Ferguson, lost with a torn bicep. Despite their size, those guys are very hard to find."

I still think the Cowboys have enough offense to win this game.
    Last edited by eglickman; 09-12-07 at 01:46 PM.

moneyplays
    moneyplays's Avatar Become A Pro!

It's true the injuries will hurt them. It's also true you cannot rely on Romo to score 45 pts a game. With that said, it's important to look at the matchup and determine how likely is it for Romo to put up points. I think in week 2 the probability is still high. They will start to feel the effects once they play a well balanced team.

BOL,
    mp

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

Good points. Laying 3 1/2 points is probably is too much for Dallas in Miami. Just stay away, I guess.

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

I've already hammered this point in a couple other threads about the Ferguson injury + Terrence Newman's uncertainty. They should still beat Miami, but being their first road game and the likelihood of a bit of a letdown after last week will see me totally passing on this game.

MJFtheGenius
    MJFtheGenius's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1176

Ferguson is overated, hes a nice player but nothing more than that. With him or without him the dallas defense blows.

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

I actually lean with Miami as a home underdog here, just like I would with any AFC underdog (except Oakland) when facing an NFC team. Remember that it was Miami that went into Chicago and handed the NFC Champions their first loss last season.

Skankdog
    Skankdog's Avatar Become A Pro!

I hear they are going to bring in the Tank, I will take Dallas just because I hate Miami just a little bit more than the Cowboyz.

jrcaces
    jrcaces's Avatar Become A Pro!

dallas wins this game by two touch downs. Bet it

B1GER1C828
    Bostoneric
    B1GER1C828's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 318

i dn i sorta wanna go wit miami...my mind keeps telling me 2 do it

sportsmaster
    sportsmaster's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by LT Profits View Post
    I actually lean with Miami as a home underdog here, just like I would with any AFC underdog (except Oakland) when facing an NFC team. Remember that it was Miami that went into Chicago and handed the NFC Champions their first loss last season.
    Don't forget that the AFC Superbowl Champs Indy went to Dallas to get their first loss of the season in week 9 or 10..

Dallas offensivly will rack up about 24 pts..Miami has a week offensive line and look for the Cowboys D to stiffen up..

area51steve
    area51steve's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'm rollin with dallas on this one also. Dallas will win by at least 10 points.

JBC77
    JBC77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 303

Both teams have D's that stink. Romo blazed the Giants last week. Trent green could be retired any game now.....

Bought a point so I'm under a field goal.

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

Did anyone watch Miami last week? How did Trent look?

The Dallas D will be a work in progress throughout the season. I think they've got the talent to be a decent defense, but they've got a lot of youth that needs to mature. Also, the Roy Williams factor. He can't cover shit. Parcells couldn't figure out how to hide him. Wade is going to have to hide him on the bench somewhere if the Dallas D wants to reach the next level, IMHO.

awatkins011
    awatkins011's Avatar Become A Pro!

Dallas by a touchdown.

rugbybdyb
    rugbybdyb's Avatar Become A Pro!

Live in Dallas and Im a redskins fan.....I hate the cowboys, but you have to love them against miami.....

babaoriley
    babaoriley's Avatar Become A Pro!

Again, did anyone actually WATCH the Miami/Washington game??? I'm not even sure how this is that much of a debate. We all have our angles to play and the AFC home vs. NFC road would carry some weight if it involved 2 teams that were remotely close to each other in terms of talent. We've already established the Cowboy secondary is their weakness. So they lock onto Chambers like they should've locked onto Plax. Game film from that NYG game will provide the key to at least shoring up the pass D. The Dolphin O-line is amongst the worst in football and again, Wash CB Fred Smoot dropped a wide open pick 6 from Green and the Redskins offense was just gross. The Skins should have won that game by 10 and then this spread would be where it should be Dallas -6 or so.