I don't believe you ... please continue
    DwightShrute's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8492

The Denver Broncos are releasing QB Russell Wilson

not a surprise

VeggieDog
    VeggieDog's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 20493

Wow. He was supposed to be their savior. Pete Carroll sure made the right call.

johnnyvegas13
    johnnyvegas13's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 172

Well ya

mjsuax13
    mjsuax13's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 898

Sean Payton should be released too.

johnnyvegas13

Quote Originally Posted by mjsuax13 View Post
    Well ya

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11901

Russ is officially a journeyman. Possibly even a back up QB going forward now. Getting kicked around the league.

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32317

johnnyvegas13

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    Russ is officially a journeyman. Possibly even a back up QB going forward now. Getting kicked around the league.
    Not a bad guy to have as a backup

plus he won a superbowl

stevenash

And thus begins the Jarrett Stidham era, another in a long line of Bill Belichick draft choice failures.

johnnyvegas13

Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post
    And thus begins the Jarrett Stidham era, another in a long line of Bill Belichick draft choice failures.
    Bill was a defensive genius

He always drafted defenses first

stevenash

^
    Like Mac Jones?

OldBill
    OldBill's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5246

omg Eagles go get him

johnnyvegas13

Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post
    ^
    Like Mac Jones?
    lol that was first time he broke it

look it up he always used top picks on d

DrunkHorseplayer
    Redskins forever
    DrunkHorseplayer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19605

No surprise, just another good QB who played for a great team.

OldBill
    OldBill's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5246

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

The coach is worse than the QB. Why did they keep the coach?

mjsuax13
    mjsuax13's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 898

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    1000% agreed. Wilson’s numbers last year weren’t that bad. The defense was trash. Wilson has regressed but Payton is absolutely arrogant for no reason whatsoever. I’d terminate him.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyvegas13 View Post
    Not a bad guy to have as a backup

plus he won a superbowl
    Would probably be the best backup in the league.

I think some crap team will sign him as a starter though. Russ did show promise last season. He's not a complete bum yet. I remember reading he was working on himself last year big time with a new diet and exercise so he still wants to compete at the highest level.

DwightShrute

Would probably be the best backup in the league.

I think some crap team will sign him as a starter though. Russ did show promise last season. He's not a complete bum yet. I remember reading he was working on himself last year big time with a new diet and exercise so he still wants to compete at the highest level.
    He's not at the stage of his career where showing promise should be a thing with him. I think you'd agree. I know what you mean but just doesn't sound right. It's kinda like saying Tom Brady showed promise in the 2021 season.

Wilson showed signs of his old self at times last season, but he isn't the same QB we have been used to seeing. Not even close. Would he be his great self if he was on the Seahawks still or on Dallas? I don't think so. He'd be benched.

DwightShrute

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    Wilson wasn't very good in the year before Payton was coach. Last season under Payton, he was a tiny bit better but not much better. Not 50 million a season. I think you'd agree, for the money they are paying him, its not out of bounds to say he should win a game or 2 for his team each season just with his talent alone. Something that would make you say WOW! I don't think that was the case during 2 entire seasons in Denver. It was more like D'oh! several times.
    Last edited by DwightShrute; 03-04-24 at 06:59 PM.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by DwightShrute View Post
    He's not at the stage of his career where showing promise should be a thing with him. I think you'd agree. I know what you mean but just doesn't sound right. It's kinda like saying Tom Brady showed promise in the 2021 season.

Wilson showed signs of his old self at times last season, but he isn't the same QB we have been used to seeing. Not even close. Would he be his great self if he was on the Seahawks still or on Dallas? I don't think so. He'd be benched.
    Keep in mind when Wilson was in Seattle he had a much better team in those winning seasons then Wilson in Denver last year. Wilson was always up against it in Denver. The offensive play calling didn't suit his skills. The Denver offensive line couldn't protect him worth a shit either. I don't think Wilson is done just yet if he can sign with a team that can protect and compliment his skills.

Russ is 35 years of age now. You can still ball at 35 years of age if you keep yourself fit.

DwightShrute

Keep in mind when Wilson was in Seattle he had a much better team in those winning seasons then Wilson in Denver last year. Wilson was always up against it in Denver. The offensive play calling didn't suit his skills. The Denver offensive line couldn't protect him worth a shit either. I don't think Wilson is done just yet if he can sign with a team that can protect and compliment his skills.

Russ is 35 years of age now. You can still ball at 35 years of age if you keep yourself fit.
    I was shocked as you were at how ineffective Wilson was since moving to Denver. I am not saying I thought they would be instant super bowl contenders with him as their QB but he was noticeably bad for the majority of the time in Denver. I was a big fan of Wilson and I said he was gonna be a great NFL QB after watching him play in Wisconsin. And he was. Was. I don't know what happened. Was it the $ that got in his head? He didn't have that pocket presence anymore and didn't make those scrambles for a 1st down when the team needed their super star to make when the game needed it. He lost it for whatever reason.

Will he play in the NFL again? I am not sure he will because of the money that he still feels he should be paid. We will see.

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma
    gauchojake's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13300

85 million dead cap hit. That's crazy.

That being said, a team could still use him. Steelers maybe?

asiagambler
    asiagambler's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 30455

Quote Originally Posted by DwightShrute View Post
    I was shocked as you were at how ineffective Wilson was since moving to Denver. I am not saying I thought they would be instant super bowl contenders with him as their QB but he was noticeably bad for the majority of the time in Denver. I was a big fan of Wilson and I said he was gonna be a great NFL QB after watching him play in Wisconsin. And he was. Was. I don't know what happened. Was it the $ that got in his head? He didn't have that pocket presence anymore and didn't make those scrambles for a 1st down when the team needed their super star to make when the game needed it. He lost it for whatever reason.

Will he play in the NFL again? I am not sure he will because of the money that he still feels he should be paid. We will see.
    Had some to do with Nathaniel Hackett too. Really really bad coach

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7738

His career ended when he threw that pick in the endzone in the Superbowl.

johnnyvegas13

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    His career ended when he threw that pick in the endzone in the Superbowl.
    Laker cmon we all know it was Carrol fault not calling a run there

JAKEPEAVY21
    JAKEPEAVY21's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 47529

1000% agreed. Wilson’s numbers last year weren’t that bad. The defense was trash. Wilson has regressed but Payton is absolutely arrogant for no reason whatsoever. I’d terminate him.
    I loathe the Broncos but do not mind seeing coaches wield their power especially with all these soft, whiny players nowadays...kind of refreshing tbh.

Also do not mind seeing Wilson get humbled after he went Hollywood and his attitude changed his last few years with the Seahawks.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

I think Russ does deserve one more chance on a decent team. I saw some promise in him last year at times. He can still sling that rock if he has time.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by JAKEPEAVY21 View Post
    I loathe the Broncos but do not mind seeing coaches wield their power especially with all these soft, whiny players nowadays...kind of refreshing tbh.

Also do not mind seeing Wilson get humbled after he went Hollywood and his attitude changed his last few years with the Seahawks.
    John Elway not happy and scratching his head right about now with this Broncos team and franchise.

JAKEPEAVY21

John Elway not happy and scratching his head right about now with this Broncos team and franchise.
    He can only blame himself for not being able to evaluate or find a QB...fawk him

Stallion
    Update your status
    Stallion's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16714

The worst trade in NFL History, followed by the worst contract in NFL History, followed by trading a 1st round pick to get Sean Payton. Sean Payton is trash for how he treated Russ, trying to get him to say something negative about him or the organization so they could void his contract, IMO Sean Payton has been trash since the bountygate scandal many years ago. The new owners need to fire Payton, and hopefully the team loses lots of games for higher draft picks to rebuild the team.
    Points Awarded:

mjsuax13 gave Stallion 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

JAKEPEAVY21

I guess I'm alone on an island not minding some pushback to the inmates running the asylum....
    Last edited by JAKEPEAVY21; 03-06-24 at 01:54 PM.

asiagambler
    asiagambler's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 30455

Quote Originally Posted by Stallion View Post
    The worst trade in NFL History, followed by the worst contract in NFL History, followed by trading a 1st round pick to get Sean Payton. Sean Payton is trash for how he treated Russ, trying to get him to say something negative about him or the organization so they could void his contract, IMO Sean Payton has been trash since the bountygate scandal many years ago. The new owners need to fire Payton, and hopefully the team loses lots of games for higher draft picks to rebuild the team.
    It's not easy to make Russell Wilson a sympathetic character but Payton has managed to do just that

stevenash

Quote Originally Posted by JAKEPEAVY21 View Post

Wison ain't hungry anymore.
    Seven years ago he played with an edge that I thought that would land him in the HoF.

Now he's just another fat cat.
    Points Awarded:

JAKEPEAVY21 gave stevenash 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Enkhbat
    Enkhbat's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 26331

Expected, Sean Payton doesn't like him.

12 Last