stackz125
    stackz125's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 412

Taylor Swift vs Eminem (Marshall Mathers)
    There is your Super Bowl match up.

How big would this be for the NFL

All swift lovers
    All Eminem lovers
    All nfl lovers
    All degenerate gamblers
    Regular people who just watch the Super Bowl

It could be the most viewed superbowl in history

Headsterx
    Headsterx's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2158

Quote Originally Posted by stackz125 View Post
    Taylor Swift vs Eminem
    There is your Super Bowl match up.

How big would this be for the NFL

All swift lovers
    All Eminem lovers
    All nfl lovers
    All degenerate gamblers
    Regular people who just watch the Super Bowl

It could be the most viewed superbowl in history
    NFL doesn’t care about Eminem nor his fans. They already are football fans. They want to tap into that market that doesn’t watch football or had no interest in it before… that’s the Swifties! They’re in that golden demo 14-35 bracket. They’re not watching SB unless Taylor is there.

The only thing the NFL want is Taylor Swift at SB. They could care less whether it’s Niners or Lions. And it will be Niners as Kittens aren’t winning anything on Sunday.

trobin31
    trobin31's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10373

Eminem lovers lol. Bro it ain’t 2001

Headsterx

Quote Originally Posted by trobin31 View Post
    Eminem lovers lol. Bro it ain’t 2001
    🤣🤣🤣

EddieMusher
    Fuggedaboutit!
    EddieMusher's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5443

Quote Originally Posted by Headsterx View Post
    NFL doesn’t care about Eminem nor his fans. They already are football fans. They want to tap into that market that doesn’t watch football or had no interest in it before… that’s the Swifties! They’re in that golden demo 14-35 bracket. They’re not watching SB unless Taylor is there.

The only thing the NFL want is Taylor Swift at SB. They could care less whether it’s Niners or Lions. And it will be Niners as Kittens aren’t winning anything on Sunday.
    This is exactly why I am on the Chiefs ML. The fix is in.

Eddy Munny
    Eddy Munny's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24944

It's such an overstated angle. Nobody truly gives a shit if Taylor Swift is in the SB. Is it a nifty little sidebar for network producers? Sure, I guess, but it's not some end all be all with earth shattering consequences. At the end of the day the SB is a mega draw on its own merit and doesn't need a circus sideshow. Just get the two best teams in there and the rest will take care of itself.

The game isn't going to gain a wider audience just because an artist is in a fukking skybox and the camera occasionally captures their silhouette. It's not like she's releasing new tracks in between downs or something. What are Swifties really gaining here? Nothing. They'll tune in because they'll be at SB parties like every other casual, do you really think it's going to carry over into next season and they become NFL devotees for life all because they saw Swift smiling in a suite on Super Sunday? Fukk outta here.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 2 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: DonnieBrasco23, and swordsandtequila

slayer14
    slayer14's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6231

Mahomes is the key

Headsterx

Quote Originally Posted by Eddy Munny View Post
    It's such an overstated angle. Nobody truly gives a shit if Taylor Swift is in the SB. Is it a nifty little sidebar for network producers? Sure, I guess, but it's not some end all be all with earth shattering consequences. At the end of the day the SB is a mega draw on its own merit and doesn't need a circus sideshow. Just get the two best teams in there and the rest will take care of itself.

The game isn't going to gain a wider audience just because an artist is in a fukking skybox and the camera occasionally captures their silhouette. It's not like she's releasing new tracks in between downs or something. What are Swifties really gaining here? Nothing. They'll tune in because they'll be at SB parties like every other casual, do you really think it's going to carry over into next season and they become NFL devotees for life all because they saw Swift smiling in a suite on Super Sunday? Fukk outta here.
    I’m glad you feel that way. Whenever you are ready, let me know and I’ll give you the red pill. 🤣

Da Manster!
    Da Manster!'s Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2786

Actually I'm going to use reverse psychology on this angle. Agree with what you said in principle but from a different perspective. I think the "Taylor Swift" conspiracy theory is EXACTLY the reason why the ravens will win this game! Don't think for one second commissioner Goddell and the rest of the league officials don't see, hear, and read all of this stuff on the various social media networks and outlets (TV, radio, internet, twitter, facebook, instagram, etc.) The NFL can't afford to alienate their true fan base (casual fans and degenerate gamblers alike). If there is any kind of indication or inkling that the "fix" is in or the game is "rigged", it would create a plethora shitstorm of bad publicity among all of the players, fans, coaches, to the likes of which has never been seen (similar to the NBA and Tim Donaghy) and would seriously damage the credibility of the league. I don't think anyone wants that to happen.

Eddy Munny

I’m glad you feel that way. Whenever you are ready, let me know and I’ll give you the red pill. 藍
    Your premise is baseless. "Tap into that market" get real, no chick who had no interest in football beforehand is suddenly gobbling up NFL merch and buying Sunday ticket just because Taylor Swift is dating a football player. They might pay attention to a handful of plays that they otherwise wouldn't have and that's about what you're gonna squeeze out of 'em. Whooptee doo!

Rihanna and Beyonce have been courtside at a number of NBA games. Did that translate to their fan base becoming rabid hoops fans? Most Swifties have been raised in TikTok culture, where their brains are attuned to constantly seeking new stimuli, but you think the NFL is the commodity to break the mold and hold their attention long term. Lmao.

str
    Nothing's easy
    str's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 68581

Just my opinion as well as almost three decades of experience but I just don't get the script thing. I know, sports is fixed and horse racing especially. But it really isn't.

When you bet into a sport and are not incredibly knowledgeable about that sport, and that is NO Slight whatsoever towards anyone, it can seem at times to be that. Nobody is incredibly knowledgeable about all sports.

Long before I was even the most novice person on the racetrack, I went to the track and bet. Often. About every chance I could. And yes, there were times when it crept into my head that it MUST be fixed, at least sometimes. How could that horse lose, or this horse win was what I, as well as we, all thought.

Fast forward through my career and the opportunity to get to know plenty of baseball, football and basketball players AND coaches in both college and the NBA as well as a couple of GM's and, well, as a whole, it's just not.

Sports can have any clown like that ref in the NBA pull some stunt until caught, or a guy try and shave points, or some jocks fix the last on Valentines Day at Bowie in the 70's ( I was there for that race), until caught, but as a whole, it is not like the WWE.

People have to choose what they believe, and that's the way it should be, but if you want to know as a whole if sports is all rigged and scripted or not, it's not.

I think I would have gotten the memo at some point if horse racing in Md. was fixed.

Hope that helps anyone that cares to know my experience.
    And good luck on one of the best NFL days of the year.
    Points Awarded:

Da Manster! gave str 3 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Optional gave str 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Da Manster!

Da Manster!
    Da Manster!'s Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2786

^^^...I never thought I would live to see the day when someone would mention our local Bowie Race tracks on this forum! Literally only like 15 - 20 minutes away in my own backyard when I was living in Annapolis, MD...

Headsterx

Your premise is baseless. "Tap into that market" get real, no chick who had no interest in football beforehand is suddenly gobbling up NFL merch and buying Sunday ticket just because Taylor Swift is dating a football player. They might pay attention to a handful of plays that they otherwise wouldn't have and that's about what you're gonna squeeze out of 'em. Whooptee doo!

Rihanna and Beyonce have been courtside at a number of NBA games. Did that translate to their fan base becoming rabid hoops fans? Most Swifties have been raised in TikTok culture, where their brains are attuned to constantly seeking new stimuli, but you think the NFL is the commodity to break the mold and hold their attention long term. Lmao.
    If you just said there’s no conspiracy, that would’ve been fine. But damn now you’re talking nonsense where with hyperbole argument in saying I think NFL expects any non-fan to watch the game and then is all-in. 25 years ago the fan base was 80% male. Now it’s 50/50. But you think all of the sudden housewives decided just one Sunday to sit down with their husbands all on one Sunday. Marketing takes a different approach and expectations than your take.

Eddy Munny

If you just said there’s no conspiracy, that would’ve been fine. But damn now you’re talking nonsense where with hyperbole argument in saying I think NFL expects any non-fan to watch the game and then is all-in. 25 years ago the fan base was 80% male. Now it’s 50/50. But you think all of the sudden housewives decided just one Sunday to sit down with their husbands all on one Sunday. Marketing takes a different approach and expectations than your take.
    Bullshit. Scan any stadium on any given Sunday and tell me you see a 1:1 ratio of male to female. Legalized sportsbetting and fantasy applications have broadened the audience to include more women, but where did you pull this 50% stat from? Anecdotal evidence would say otherwise.

You're talking about Swift as part of some long term marketing campaign as if that's even tenable, her and Kelce could be done with this offseason, and the fever pitch becomes a distant memory by opening kickoff in September. Do you really think she remains front and center as the female ambassador to the league the minute she's not dating one of the players? You're wishing upon a star.
    Last edited by Eddy Munny; 01-28-24 at 09:09 AM.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

The books are not going to give free money away. Look at this:

https://www.espn.com/espn/betting/st...-game-favorite

Headsterx

Bullshit. Scan any stadium on any given Sunday and tell me you see a 1:1 ratio of male to female. Legalized sportsbetting and fantasy applications have broadened the audience to include more women, but where did you pull this 50% stat from? Anecdotal evidence would say otherwise.

You're talking about Swift as part of some long term marketing campaign as if that's even tenable, her and Kelce could be done with this offseason, and the fever pitch becomes a distance memory by opening kickoff in September. You're wishing upon a star.

More females are into football because of legalized sports betting? Never mind, enjoy your Sunday.

Eddy Munny

More females are into football because of legalized sports betting? Never mind, enjoy your Sunday.
    More so fantasy and props, but yeah, it all falls under the same umbrella.

Funny how you were so adamant and ready to power post on behalf of your belief, but the second you run into any resistance, you take your ball and go home. I guess you were on a horse with no legs.

str
    Nothing's easy
    str's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 68581

Quote Originally Posted by Da Manster! View Post
    ^^^...I never thought I would live to see the day when someone would mention our local Bowie Race tracks on this forum! Literally only like 15 - 20 minutes away in my own backyard when I was living in Annapolis, MD...
    Bowie was by far my favorite.

Monmouth Park was 2nd.
    Points Awarded:

Da Manster! gave str 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9221

The Taylor Swift fans that took notice only due to her being at the games will have changed perceptions of football for life.

More of them will make it easy and enjoyable for NFL fans in their families to watch games if nothing else.

I am sure most of us have thought back to what got us hooked on one sport or another and come up with an instance of attending or watching a game you were taken to before you had any interest at all.

Eddy Munny

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    The Taylor Swift fans that took notice only due to her being at the games will have changed perceptions of football for life.

More of them will make it easy and enjoyable for NFL fans in their families to watch games if nothing else.

I am sure most of us have thought back to what got us hooked on one sport or another and come up with an instance of attending or watching a game you were taken to before you had any interest at all.
    Most Taylor Swift fans are grown. They're not children or preteens. Taylor Swift is 34.

If you're an adult that doesn't like football, then you're not suddenly experiencing some life altering phenomena all because the woman in your record collection dated a player and attended some games.

Optional

Most Taylor Swift fans are grown. They're not children or preteens. Taylor Swift is 34.

If you're an adult that doesn't like football, then you're not suddenly experiencing some life altering phenomena all because the woman in your record collection dated a player and attended some games.
    Sure.

But I bet the marketing guys see value in simply altering perceptions in a positive way. And they are talking about a lot of fan eyeballs on the one person to catch all at once.

Eddy Munny

Sure.

But I bet the marketing guys see value in simply altering perceptions in a positive way. And they are talking about a lot of fan eyeballs on the one person to catch all at once.
    Sure, they don't mind the free publicity. I never said otherwise. But we've crossed over into an altogether different terrain, where now guys like Headsterx are claiming that the NFL got a taste of it, and refuse to relinquish it... the future of the league depends on massive Taylor Swift exposure to the point where they've now decided to rig the game in favor of the team who can get her ass in the stadium.

Forget everything Lamar Jackson has done to get to this point in his career, including bagging his 2nd MVP... his and his teammates' biggest misstep, apparently, was not dating a pop princess, and thus, another premature exit awaits.

Thefix13
    Thefix13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2756

I think you underestimate just how stupid people have become and impressionable they are.

Eddy Munny

Quote Originally Posted by Thefix13 View Post
    I think you underestimate just how stupid people have become and impressionable they are.
    Even if more women tune in for Swift, it's not a long term fix. At some point you have to enjoy the game.

Even Headsterx said it's been a slow burn, to the tune of 25 years... So I'm not exactly sure what his argument even is since he took his ball and went home. Did Shania Twain appear at a ball game around the year 2000 and pull women to the sport in droves?

He didn't bother to shed light on his ludicrous 50/50 claim either. He has a lot of unfinished business here, no wonder he dipped. I would've done the same had I been saddled with a house of cards.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7738

NHL
    Brawl between flyers and caps in 1984

Soccer
    Maradona

NBA
    Showtime Lakers fast break

MLB
    Rickey Henderson stealing bases

NFL
    85 Bears character guys

Tennis
    Evert vs Navratilova
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: DonnieBrasco23

johnnyvegas13
    johnnyvegas13's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 172

The script is ravens niners

did u not see the red purple logo ???

Optional

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyvegas13 View Post
    The script is ravens niners

did u not see the red purple logo ???
    If they both win today we need to get on Jets/Vikings early for next year just in case that leaked logo is right ;-)

Eddy Munny

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    NHL
    Brawl between flyers and caps in 1984

Soccer
    Maradona

NBA
    Showtime Lakers fast break

MLB
    Rickey Henderson stealing bases

NFL
    85 Bears character guys

Tennis
    Evert vs Navratilova
    Bingo. You get hooked onto a sport because of some intrinsic value in the sport itself, not because of who's in the bleachers.

Anyone tuning in to see Swift in a Kelce jersey is only responding to a flicker of pop culture zeitgeist, and will be on to the next flavor of the month after the season ends.

johnnyvegas13

If they both win today we need to get on Jets/Vikings early for next year just in case that leaked logo is right ;-)
    lol I already said in the other thread that Lodi is def fake

didnt this years Lodi just come out how would next year b out ???

johnnyvegas13

Logo

before eddy chimes in and calls me a moron before telling me I in love with chuck …
    Points Awarded:

Optional gave johnnyvegas13 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Eddy Munny

Oh, now you're self-conscious about your typos all of a sudden and felt the need to correct?

What about the other 99 out of 100 you leave as is?

You must have little sausage fingers that struggle to find their target without obliterating the other letters with friendly fire.

Let's talk about your errant sausage fingers, there Johnny.

DonnieBrasco23
    DonnieBrasco23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 805

Oh, now you're self-conscious about your typos all of a sudden and felt the need to correct?

What about the other 99 out of 100 you leave as is?

You must have little sausage fingers that struggle to find their target without obliterating the other letters with friendly fire.

Let's talk about your errant sausage fingers, there Johnny.
    This guy has a knack

ThaTopMoron
    Body-Bags
    ThaTopMoron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6898

eminem music blaring going to commercials everytime Detroit scores

hawkwind
    hawkwind's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 22894

what a shame it would be if k c flight crashed & burned. well they would at least all be one step closer to HELL

DwightShrute
    I don't believe you ... please continue
    DwightShrute's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8492

Eminem lol

12 Last