mjsuax13
    mjsuax13's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 894

IMG-4541

DrunkHorseplayer
    Redskins forever
    DrunkHorseplayer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19611

Trust me, they just won to get rid of some of the heat; the real tanking will take place in the next two weeks. When the tanking-identifiers zig, the Patriots zag.

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9245

Just throwing us off the scent obviously.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Bluehorseshoe

ChuckyTheGoat
    ChuckyTheGoat's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24911

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    Yep, think about all the heavy-lifting the Pats did earlier this year. Mac Jones can't possibly be that bad.

Bluehorseshoe
    Bluehorseshoe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1557

I always like going against the propaganda. It seems like everyone is in cahoots on the trap. lol

ChuckyTheGoat

Remember the Cardinal tanking theme in pre-season? That was a given, until the Cards went 3-0 ATS.

DwightShrute
    I don't believe you ... please continue
    DwightShrute's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8516

ok, so when it comes to taking, do you guys believe that everyone is in on it? I mean, the entire organization? Owner, staff, coaches and players have a meeting and they make a game plan? You don't think there are professionals, whether they are coaches or players, who aren't playing for their next contract? We all know the countless high draft picks which turned out to be duds. So why tank?
    Last edited by DwightShrute; 12-25-23 at 10:44 AM.

ChuckyTheGoat

Quote Originally Posted by DwightShrute View Post
    ok, so when it comes to taking, do you guys believe that everyone is in on it? I mean, the entire organization? Owner, staff, coaches and players have a meeting and they make a game plan? You don't think there are professionals, whether they are coaches or players, who aren't playing for their next contract? We all know the countless hight draft picks which turned out to be duds. So why tank?
    Dwight, you hit on it. That's why Tanking is almost impossible.

On rare occasion, top mgmt might want to tank for a top draft choice. Think about the year that David Robinson got injured for the Spurs. They had a throw-away year and a chance to draft Duncan.

Truth is that players know they're expendable. Why would THEY tank when they're trying to show themselves on film?

DwightShrute
    I don't believe you ... please continue
    DwightShrute's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8516

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckyTheGoat View Post
    Dwight, you hit on it. That's why Tanking is almost impossible.

On rare occasion, top mgmt might want to tank for a top draft choice. Think about the year that David Robinson got injured for the Spurs. They had a throw-away year and a chance to draft Duncan.

Truth is that players know they're expendable. Why would THEY tank when they're trying to show themselves on film?
    I am with you.
    If the players aren't buying into the coach anymore, then the team will loses a lot. I doubt they going into the game with the intention of "not trying", but its not easy if they don't respect the coach anymore. Same with your job if you feel the same about your manager or boss. Same with your marriage if you and the Mrs. have fallen out of love.

Look at the NHL just this season. The Wild were sucking balls, so they fired the coach and magically they started winning again. Not in a few games. Right away. Edmonton were last in the NHL I think and they booted the coach and immediately won 8 in a row or something like that. Now the Blues fired their coach, the same same coach they won the cup with in 2019 and now are playing better and winning. Were all those teams tanking? Or did they just need a different coach? I think its the latter. I think times have changed. I don't think we will see the coaches who stay with one organizations for decades. Too many young millionaire athletes playing. There might the the exception now and then, a Mike Tomlin or a Belichick, but for the most part, the coach's career lifespan is trending down and has been for some time. For that matter, so is a player playing his entire career for one team anymore.

On a completely unrelated matter. Watch this ...

str
    Nothing's easy
    str's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 68593

Tanking, rigged , fixed .
    It all goes with the territory when there is odds of winning involved.

ChuckyTheGoat

Wow, what a goal. I've seen that in college. Don't think i've ever seen it in NHL.
    Points Awarded:

Optional gave ChuckyTheGoat 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

getaloadoffatso
    getaloadoffatso's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1730

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    I heard they already lost today!
    I remember tanking a tetherball match against my sister when we were kids on vacation

She was getting all upset because I was dominating her, like I did everyone, and then my Dad whispered in my ear that if I let her win that he would let me watch an "R" rated movie that night

Seeing all of those boobies was well worth the tank job

Only true athletes play tetherball

Housemoney
    Housemoney's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5068

Paging Pavy